Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] KitchenAid 590W 6qt Bowl Lift Stand Mixer - $299.99 - Nationwide

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2018 5:03 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 12, 2011
1178 posts
285 upvotes
NEPEAN

[Costco] KitchenAid 590W 6qt Bowl Lift Stand Mixer - $299.99 - Nationwide

This deal comes around a few times a year, but it's back again.

Available online or in store

https://m.costco.ca/KitchenAid-5.7-L-(6 ... 19868.html
11 replies
Member
Jun 24, 2016
339 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
Very poor ratings on this model. I purchased Architect series recently and my partner really likes it.
Member
Feb 4, 2017
374 posts
344 upvotes
There's also an Amazon equivalent for the same price.
Sr. Member
Jun 13, 2017
582 posts
378 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
Bought this one a couple of years ago and just returned it a few months back because it stopped working.

I need this mixer to make breads and have been waiting for the Artisan model to go on sale. I might get this one again instead and hope it does not break anymore.
"If you offend the OP instead of thanking him, I will gladly report you for either harassment or off-topic."

ArloCopter
Member
Nov 20, 2006
319 posts
77 upvotes
GVR, BC
Went back to Costco to get price protection for the purchase I made 2 weeks go. But was denied because it needs the original receipt for price protection.
Really?! I thought they have all the receipts in their system Smiling Face With Horns
Have to go back home to find that receipt! Crying Face
Sr. Member
Apr 15, 2004
722 posts
159 upvotes
purespin wrote: Went back to Costco to get price protection for the purchase I made 2 weeks go. But was denied because it needs the original receipt for price protection.
Really?! I thought they have all the receipts in their system Smiling Face With Horns
Have to go back home to find that receipt! Crying Face
They don't need the receipt. They can just print a copy of it from your account history and then process the price protection. They've done it for me before.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 17, 2006
6760 posts
2548 upvotes
GTA
Usher9387 wrote: Very poor ratings on this model. I purchased Architect series recently and my partner really likes it.
Architect is the lower model. All KA mixers will eventually break in the metal housing and you have to re-grease and replace parts.
adhika wrote: Bought this one a couple of years ago and just returned it a few months back because it stopped working.

I need this mixer to make breads and have been waiting for the Artisan model to go on sale. I might get this one again instead and hope it does not break anymore.
How many years did you have the costco one? i thought return was only available for 1 year? I have had mine for a few years and i know some of the gears have ripped. I also probably overheated it as the grease seems to be breaking down. I will just do the service myself on it.
Sr. Member
Jun 13, 2017
582 posts
378 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
porksoda wrote: How many years did you have the costco one? i thought return was only available for 1 year? I have had mine for a few years and i know some of the gears have ripped. I also probably overheated it as the grease seems to be breaking down. I will just do the service myself on it.
I had it for 14 months. I emailed them to ask if I can return or replace it, and they replied to return it to the warehouse (store), which I did.
"If you offend the OP instead of thanking him, I will gladly report you for either harassment or off-topic."

ArloCopter
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8882 posts
3381 upvotes
Toronto
porksoda wrote: I will just do the service myself on it.
How do you service it?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 17, 2006
6760 posts
2548 upvotes
GTA
Arrgh wrote: How do you service it?
you can order all the gears and grease. It has many gears inside all metal. you open it up, open the gear assembly clean the grease and replace whatever needs replacing and pack it with new grease and seal it back up done.

I have heard a few grinds so i may open to see if its fine and just grease is gone and just replace the grease.

I am sure there are instructions somewhere, I looked up last time that was about 10-15 years ago and found the gears were available and cheap and grease was teh most expensive part. I think grease should be replaced after 2 years or about 50-100 uses depending on intensity (whichever comes first). Heat breaks down the grease.


Hah lots of videos, i just googled it... here is one:
Newbie
Feb 25, 2018
1 posts
I bought the mixer last year n never use it, coud I return it back to Costco?
Last edited by User419842 on Feb 26th, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Top