598 posts
724 upvotes

[Costco] KitchenAid Compact Dish-Drying Rack $34.99

Bed Bath & Beyond is selling it for $91

Features:
Space-Saving Design
Rust-Resistant Satin Wires
Soft, Nonslip Feet
40.8 cm × 32.1 cm × 15.8 cm (16 in. × 12.6 in. × 6.22 in.)
:D
19 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1026 posts
1048 upvotes
London
why on earth would this ever be worth $91? even $35 feels like too much..
Dec 10, 2003
88 posts
72 upvotes
bpboop wrote: why on earth would this ever be worth $91? even $35 feels like too much..
Seriously… I know we like deals but some companies think they can mark up their products so much to make them have high end appeal. And idiots buy them.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
10199 posts
72725 upvotes
Ontario
cncpun wrote: Seriously… I know we like deals but some companies think they can mark up their products so much to make them have high end appeal. And idiots buy them.
Many seniors still buy Canadian Tire products at regular prices. I used to buy things at regular prices and thought BB regular sale is a hot price until I joined rfd.
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1514 posts
3417 upvotes
This is $26.99 or $27.99 in store. They used to sell the full size version of this for the same price. Not sure why they made it smaller. I guess it's fine if you have a small apartment or something but you can't fit much on it if you're more than 1 or 2 people.

That being said, I don't really think this price is "hot". It's their regular price. That BB&B price is nonsense.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1221 posts
700 upvotes
Scarborough
cursayer wrote: This is $26.99 or $27.99 in store. They used to sell the full size version of this for the same price. Not sure why they made it smaller. I guess it's fine if you have a small apartment or something but you can't fit much on it if you're more than 1 or 2 people.

That being said, I don't really think this price is "hot". It's their regular price. That BB&B price is nonsense.
I bit the bullet because I want to clean my counter space and it looks like it fits in one of my double sink. My wife still us some small washes between the dishwasher.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1833 posts
607 upvotes
I saw it in person in store and it was tiny. I ended up getting ikea kvot for 15$ and a dish drying mat for 2$ and i don't regret it at all.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2592 posts
1932 upvotes
it is small, I purchased it in store.
Feb 8, 2020
192 posts
409 upvotes
jessicacha wrote: I saw it in person in store and it was tiny. I ended up getting ikea kvot for 15$ and a dish drying mat for 2$ and i don't regret it at all.
Yikes that Kvot thing looks like hot garbage, feel like it's made so poorly I could break it just by placing too heavy a dish on it

$15 for that? Feels like it should be $5 max
Hello World!
Jan 12, 2008
418 posts
230 upvotes
just buy the simplehuman one. like the size of the enterprise. bigger is better
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1833 posts
607 upvotes
23LeBronJames wrote: Yikes that Kvot thing looks like hot garbage, feel like it's made so poorly I could break it just by placing too heavy a dish on it

$15 for that? Feels like it should be $5 max
Rofl no. It's actually really sturdy and i can put a lot of heavy dishes and pans on it and it won't bend or break. It's also really easy to clean and put away compared to these dishracks.
Should at least take a look at it in person before calling anything a hot garbage :P
Oct 2, 2019
465 posts
325 upvotes
Harpagon wrote: I bit the bullet because I want to clean my counter space and it looks like it fits in one of my double sink. My wife still us some small washes between the dishwasher.
No problem but you paid full price. No hot deal and op shouldn’t have posted this here. Why don’t people post regular price items in the shopping section???
Mar 24, 2012
127 posts
59 upvotes
New Glasgow
I bought one in store on sale for about 18$, its nice but not 35$ nice.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1221 posts
700 upvotes
Scarborough
k847848 wrote: No problem but you paid full price. No hot deal and op shouldn’t have posted this here. Why don’t people post regular price items in the shopping section???
To be honest I am not happy to pay that price, but Ontario and we are all locked away from many things. I am not that patient to wait for the reopening and maybe if I can find it in store I may buy it there and return the online bought (yes, I know kinda lame :( ).
Banned
Apr 19, 2021
76 posts
62 upvotes
I can buy this for $4 at Dollarama.

Mostly serious but also kidding because I see that this is at least stainless steel, so won’t, well, stain, whereas other kinds you gotta throw out every few years as they get stained and rusty.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
3768 posts
3868 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
Will this Rust if there water hiding somewhere?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15536 posts
7013 upvotes
Ottawa
we have the Simplehuman one that costs $80. It's nice and large. It's holding up well after 5 years. We used to have a cheap rubbermaid one but it looked cheap and got moldy.

Seriously, the regular price is not $90 for this one, it's $40 USD from some sites. With exchange it should be $50 tops.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
[OP]
Dec 22, 2011
598 posts
724 upvotes
wow, so many dislikes...

IMO, Since It holds 9 Plates, 5 Mugs and plenty of tableware, so I dont know who big you need if you have a closet for plates and stuff.

k847848 wrote: No problem but you paid full price. No hot deal and op shouldn’t have posted this here. Why don’t people post regular price items in the shopping section???
Full price, care to share any other link to a site at this price?
warpdrive wrote: we have the Simplehuman one that costs $80. It's nice and large. It's holding up well after 5 years. We used to have a cheap rubbermaid one but it looked cheap and got moldy.

Seriously, the regular price is not $90 for this one, it's $40 USD from some sites. With exchange it should be $50 tops.
So $34, or say $35 is close to $50? makes it a bad deal.
:D
Apr 3, 2005
708 posts
46 upvotes
Thanks OP,
got my upvote, ordered one...
looking one from long time and all the cheap one from amazon are either big or ugly or both...
i been using a cheap one(probably walmart) from last 7-8 years.. this one is almost exactly the same size(2 inches bigger)...
so i don't need a XL like most people prefer. and i think this should be the alright.
P.S. : if you find lots of spelling mistakes in my above comment. This is what happens when you use the physical Keyboard (Blackberry) your whole life and then you have to settle with a virtual Keyboard.