Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] KN95 Disposable 5-layer Face Mask 20-pack $29.99 [$10 off ]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 11:06 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16944 posts
6112 upvotes
BlueEL wrote: I believe you can still shop at Costco with cash cards.
I did earlier this year and i am unaware of their discontinuing it
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Oct 12, 2010
132 posts
153 upvotes
I bought these back when they were $50 for 20 and they are of poor quality. Would not pay the discounted rate for these either. I've gone through about 10 of them or so, but more than half had an issue that where the strap welds onto the mask has been overmelted creating a small hole.
20200919_123219.jpg
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17994 posts
5979 upvotes
Toronto
TimFr wrote: I bought these back when they were $50 for 20 and they are of poor quality. Would not pay the discounted rate for these either. I've gone through about 10 of them or so, but more than half had an issue that where the strap welds onto the mask has been overmelted creating a small hole.

20200919_123219.jpg
Return to Costco if quality is poor.
May 6, 2020
157 posts
134 upvotes
I'm not sure there is a size different. They are extremely uncomfortable to wear and small. 2 mins in my ear feels pain, and hard to breath even compare to N95. Luckily Costco was able to refund them for me. I wouldn't recommend it.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2012 posts
1203 upvotes
Are these good enough for wood working? I guess don't need to wear them for long. But sounds like straps will come off, I wonder if this problem is for everyone or just those with bigger faces...
Aug 14, 2019
251 posts
274 upvotes
Where can one purchase better *N95? or am i better off sticking with disposable masks?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3156 posts
1206 upvotes
Ottawa
First box from Costco was good. 2nd sets horrible. So tight and small. Ridiculous. Will return. Also more expensive than before.

What I recently realized.. Is I only need like 10. I keep them in a bag/box.. And after 4days..theyre ok to reuse.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16944 posts
6112 upvotes
I was able to buy them from the pharmacy without a membership (or using my cash card to sign in for a day pass)
This may be a judgement call and i had to purchase it at the pharmacy and not the main checkouts (which is actually a good thing).

Of course i also purchased an obligatory sausage and drink for $1.50 Smiling Face With Sunglasses
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Oct 31, 2019
40 posts
70 upvotes
shylok wrote: First box from Costco was good. 2nd sets horrible. So tight and small. Ridiculous. Will return. Also more expensive than before.

What I recently realized.. Is I only need like 10. I keep them in a bag/box.. And after 4days..theyre ok to reuse.
My box was ok. I’m doing the same as you. I wear 1 then set it aside to UV-C disinfect it or leave it for a week. They seem to last a while before losing their shape.
Mar 11, 2018
425 posts
211 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: I was able to buy them from the pharmacy without a membership (or using my cash card to sign in for a day pass)
This may be a judgement call and i had to purchase it at the pharmacy and not the main checkouts (which is actually a good thing).

Of course i also purchased an obligatory sausage and drink for $1.50 Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Aren’t they going to check for membership at the entrance anyways?
Feb 5, 2009
258 posts
41 upvotes
Mont-Royal
These masks have a big flaw, the metal nose strip is too short (even compared to the same brand disposable masks sold st Costco), there is no tight seal around the nose...This defeats the purpose of wearing a N95 mask...I can not believe they have been certified as KN95 with such an important design flaw...
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1123 posts
307 upvotes
Winnipeg
Twoer1 wrote: I bought a box of these MedSup Canada KN95 masks from Costco a few weeks ago - Not happy with my product and I'm going to try to return it. The straps are VERY tight, and very stiff. This leads to over-stretching the strap and it having a tendency to rip off the mask.
I've used 5 masks in my box, and 3 of them have had the straps fling off. I don't recommend at all based on my experience.
Use an 'ear saver' - which may eliminate the broken strap due to stretching and also makes it easier on your ears... You can make them with a 3D printer or get them off amazon.
3D Printer templates
Amazon
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1414 posts
293 upvotes
Ottawa
3M is going to make N95 again in Brockville