• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2020 11:54 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9684 posts
2335 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Benzat17 wrote: ouch that makes it almost useless
anyway i can confirm the valve is closed before wearing it or closes back while i am wearing it?
Everytime you inhale, the little silicone flap would close, opens when you exhale..
Sep 25, 2019
310 posts
353 upvotes
Benzat17 wrote: ouch that makes it almost useless
anyway i can confirm the valve is closed before wearing it or closes back while i am wearing it?
If mask protect you against smell/taste and you smell/taste, then mask fail or not fitted properly.

If no smell/taste, then it's difficult.

We either use reusable half, full respirator if valve is needed and replace as per manufacturers date stamp/number of uses.

For disposable, we choose no valve. With valved masks, there's always valve leakage, but the allowed leakage is very small. This is why valve masks are not permitted for medical purposes; only because no choice due to shortage.

We not take chance.
Oct 1, 2016
67 posts
34 upvotes
They are still available online. I received mine today and yesterday. I ordered two and Costco shipped in two different packages.
Jan 13, 2010
274 posts
95 upvotes
toyfountain500 wrote: They are still available online. I received mine today and yesterday. I ordered two and Costco shipped in two different packages.
Hows the quality?
Nov 26, 2017
371 posts
374 upvotes
Montréal
toyfountain500 wrote: They are still available online. I received mine today and yesterday. I ordered two and Costco shipped in two different packages.
Looking to purchase this. May I know the brand?
😄
Oct 1, 2016
67 posts
34 upvotes
R5R wrote: Hows the quality?
It's hard to say. I used to have an original 3M one for dust only a couple of years ago. This one seems thinner, but I imagine it depends the size of the particulate if blocks. I'm by no means an expert in this.
Jul 7, 2016
340 posts
692 upvotes
Price online reduced to $54.99 + $3.00 delivery surcharge.

Saw it in-stock at my local warehouse today for $59.99. My guess is the warehouse price may change soon given online price changed recently.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
2100 posts
227 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
Anyone that bought at this price should ask for price adjustment with new sale price online
Nov 17, 2018
100 posts
53 upvotes
onlineharvest wrote: If you’re hard pressed to find a mask that fits well and want to get whatever you can find, try using tape for sensitive skin and tape over the gaps created. Works well to prevent glass fogging as well.

There is also a method of increasing the efficacy of a standard surgical mask using 3 rubber bands to create a more secure seal: https://www.fixthemask.com/make-it

Honestly anything to create a tighter seal is going to increase the effectiveness. We’re not exactly in a situation where we have the luxury of only buying masks that have a perfect fit (nor has most of us even performed a proper fit test to see which models do fit outside of healthcare workers).
Interesting idea. But where can i find rubber sheet to cut on that shape ?
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13274 posts
7030 upvotes
Southern Ontario
onlineharvest wrote: There is also a method of increasing the efficacy of a standard surgical mask using 3 rubber bands to create a more secure seal: https://www.fixthemask.com/make-it
Be careful of chafing after extended use, like the elastic lines on the side of my face after continuous N95 at work.