[Costco] KN95 Disposable 5-layer Face Mask, 20-pack - $64.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2020 11:54 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8305 posts
1872 upvotes
Ontario
blueraindrop wrote: Interesting idea. But where can i find rubber sheet to cut on that shape ?
I believe the site has detailed specs, and if you search for it you'll get some retailers nearby (e.g., Grainger, smaller local fabricators, etc)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8305 posts
1872 upvotes
Ontario
AncasterRFD wrote: Be careful of chafing after extended use, like the elastic lines on the side of my face after continuous N95 at work.
Yeah, i hear you. The worst for me however is my nose and under my eyes/cheek bones. That's usually my weak spot in terms of seal so I make sure that area is plenty tight and a good fit. After a few hours it certainly leaves an indent and chafing marks.

I don't get too bother by the straps unless they are rubber (like some N95 models), but newer ones have also updated the design to include fabric straps instead.
Banned
Sep 27, 2020
20 posts
20 upvotes
I know that this is a dead thread for the masks but when I cut open the first batch, they only have 4 Layers, not 5. Just incase anyone finds this thread later.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1288 posts
713 upvotes
SW ON
ANDYDREW wrote: I know that this is a dead thread for the masks but when I cut open the first batch, they only have 4 Layers, not 5. Just incase anyone finds this thread later.
Did you check that these to-medicare masks have 5 layers? Costco ones are also advertised as 5 layer.
Sep 14, 2006
247 posts
64 upvotes
So what’s the consensus on these KN95 masks from Costco? Buy or skip?
Oct 31, 2010
373 posts
750 upvotes
Montreal
cleanvibe wrote: So what’s the consensus on these KN95 masks from Costco? Buy or skip?
I don't have a wide face but the strap is not long enough for me, causing my ear to fold forward.

I would not buy this again even if it was at a liquidation price.
Oct 21, 2011
31 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
alpovs wrote: Did you check that these to-medicare masks have 5 layers? Costco ones are also advertised as 5 layer.
yeah to-medicare kn95s are five layers
Images
  • IMG_20200910_194934[1934].jpg
Oct 21, 2011
31 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
CDN_Blizzard wrote: I don't have a wide face but the strap is not long enough for me, causing my ear to fold forward.

I would not buy this again even if it was at a liquidation price.
Try to get an ear saver or extender from Amazon. It helps to seal the mask and fits your face better.