Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

KN95 Disposable 5-layer Face Mask, 20-pack - $64.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2021 1:54 am
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16787 posts
12570 upvotes
Markham
weedb0y wrote: Whats the difference between KN95 vs N95?
Bottom Line: Difference Between N95 vs. KN95 Masks
N95s and KN95s are both rated to capture 95% of particles. Among the minor differences, only KN95 masks are required to pass fit tests, while N95 masks have slightly stronger breathability standards.

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/wha ... n95-masks/
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
2101 posts
231 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
I ended up using my $60 off $100 on this - I find most things cheaper in store so hard to use it otherwise.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2596 posts
1987 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
weedb0y wrote: Whats the difference between KN95 vs N95?
N95 is the NA standard, KN95 is the Chinese standard. They're supposed to be mainly equivalent.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7843 posts
9202 upvotes
Vancouver
Keep in mind this vertical flat fold KN95 design is intended to fit Asian facial features.

If you're white, you're more likely to fit horizontal folded or cup designs.
Nov 26, 2013
318 posts
120 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Sorry this is off topic a bit but mind my asking what promotion this was (60 off 100)? I had seen the Masterpass promo before, was that the one? I presume that promo has come and gone already?
demanche wrote: I ended up using my $60 off $100 on this - I find most things cheaper in store so hard to use it otherwise.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
2101 posts
231 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
ilovevideogames wrote: Sorry this is off topic a bit but mind my asking what promotion this was (60 off 100)? I had seen the Masterpass promo before, was that the one? I presume that promo has come and gone already?
Was for signing up a new account..
Feb 14, 2008
2 posts
16 upvotes
[...]
Being a dentist and in need of N95 masks, I can assure you that this is certainly not true. For one, good luck finding an N95 mask right now. And if you can, you're going to pay much more than you would have in the past for them. However, keep in mind that, despite, on paper, the two masks having similar standards, KN95 masks rarely pass fit tests while N95 is much more likely to pass a fit test, assuming it fits your face well. Been there, done that for both masks multiple times. Also, KN95 masks go over the ear while N95s have two elastics that go over the lower and upper head. That being said, KN95 masks are much better at filtering out COVD-19 than any surgical or cloth mask. I wear a KN95 outside of home and office myself.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 20th, 2020 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: quote removed
Nov 9, 2005
438 posts
608 upvotes
As someone in the dental field, who has been back to work now for more than a month and has to wear these masks all day, here's my take:

The KN95s are definitely more breatheable compared to N95 because the seal on it is not as tight as N95.

I wore a KN95 + level 1 surgical mask and could still smell periodontal smell on patients.

N95 you can't smell anything...you also can't breathe lol...especially on these hot humid days and extra ppe you may be wearing.

Also, these fit tests for N95 only work if you are constantly able to get the same brand, otherwise every time you need more N95s and get a different brand, you need to get re-fitted.

We are buying from a reputable dental supplier and still getting charged roughly 3.50 a mask so this price is onpar for pandemic times.
Last edited by cute_honey on Jul 19th, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 9, 2005
438 posts
608 upvotes
salperalta wrote: Being a dentist and in need of N95 masks, I can assure you that this is certainly not true. For one, good luck finding an N95 mask right now. And if you can, you're going to pay much more than you would have in the past for them. However, keep in mind that, despite, on paper, the two masks having similar standards, KN95 masks rarely pass fit tests while N95 is much likelier to pass a fit test, assuming it fits your face well. Been there, done that for both masks multiple times. Also, KN95 masks go over the ear while N95s have two elastics that go over the lower and upper head. That being said, KN95 masks are much better at filtering out COVD-19 than any surgical or cloth mask. I wear a KN95 outside of home and office myself.

Kudos to you, you must be sweating like crazy in your PPE too!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
bad price, plus it's KN, which means "certified in China". I would personally not trust them AT ALL. Especially at this price. I mean, they've tried scamming governments many times with fake or faulty N95, you can't expect them to provide good stuff for normal folks.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Jun 20, 2008
145 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
59.99 at store.
Images
  • IMG_20200719_114433.jpg
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
123 posts
198 upvotes
Montreal
off topic but disposable masks that Costco sells in boxes of 50, some are utter garbage - they break easily, depending on the manufacturer. Some are good though. It's Russian roulette.

For factories in China, making masks is like printing money, you never know what you're gonna get.
Jul 13, 2013
96 posts
155 upvotes
Whitby
Gotta wonder who their supplier is. According to Health Canada Costco doesnt have an MDEL for importation of class I medical devices (masks). You would have to know the brand to check to see if these ones are actually approved. These are probably better than a scarf, but not sure if I’d trust it in an institutional setting for COVID.
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16787 posts
12570 upvotes
Markham
Plainview wrote: off topic but disposable masks that Costco sells in boxes of 50, some are utter garbage - they break easily, depending on the manufacturer. Some are good though. It's Russian roulette.

For factories in China, making masks is like printing money, you never know what you're gonna get.
Why Canada can't "print money "? Wouldn't it better than just give CERB? At least it creates jobs while helping defeat covid
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
123 posts
198 upvotes
Montreal
smartie wrote: Why Canada can't "print money "? Wouldn't it better than just give CERB? At least it creates jobs while helping defeat covid
I'm guessing we don't have the right manufacturing plants which take a long time to build?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)