[Costco] La Mer Revitalizing Hydrating Serum $159.97 30ml

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 6:13 pm
[OP]
Apr 4, 2019
11 posts
18 upvotes

[Costco] La Mer Revitalizing Hydrating Serum $159.97 30ml

Last edited by TomRFD on May 21st, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited retailer name
21 replies
Feb 23, 2010
64 posts
55 upvotes
Thanks! Any sightings in store? I imagine even cheaper in the warehouse. This is a very tempting discount.. I already have shaky hands buying SK II and Drunk Elephant but they seem to actually be really good products the higher the markup (perhaps psychological...).

Edit: damn, I had no idea costco carried creme de la mer also. Was this always the case?
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3739 posts
686 upvotes
insomnia77 wrote:
May 20th, 2019 8:30 pm
First world problems
Where is the problem?
Ebay - 213 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0
Grailed - 52 - 0 - 0

I sell clothes for cheap
[OP]
Apr 4, 2019
11 posts
18 upvotes
paradoll wrote:
May 20th, 2019 9:06 pm
Thanks! Any sightings in store? I imagine even cheaper in the warehouse. This is a very tempting discount.. I already have shaky hands buying SK II and Drunk Elephant but they seem to actually be really good products the higher the markup (perhaps psychological...).

Edit: damn, I had no idea costco carried creme de la mer also. Was this always the case?
I had no idea Costco carried any of La Mer's products! I saw this under the HOT BUYS section on their website. I also saw handbags and wallets by Fendi, Tory Burch and some other brand (can't remember). I was surprised to see those on the website!
Apr 2, 2008
421 posts
95 upvotes
paradoll wrote:
May 20th, 2019 9:06 pm

Yorkdale Costco has it @ 189.97, so not any cheaper in store.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
[OP]
Apr 4, 2019
11 posts
18 upvotes
camper123 wrote:
May 20th, 2019 9:25 pm
I had no idea Costco carried any of La Mer's products! I saw this under the HOT BUYS section on their website. I also saw handbags and wallets by Fendi, Tory Burch and some other brand (can't remember). I was surprised to see those on the website!
I just saw Peter Thomas Roth, Caudalie, and Biotherm. Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum is $59.99 vs $89 at Sephora. And the Peter Thomas Roth cucumber mask is $39.99 vs Sephora $64 for 150ml.
Jul 18, 2009
30 posts
10 upvotes
Markham, ON
Damn I just bought for $199.99 on Costco.ca last week. Does anyone know if Costco will do price adjustment or do I have to order another and return the first one?
Nov 23, 2017
606 posts
1324 upvotes
tfong010 wrote:
May 20th, 2019 9:48 pm
Astronauts made the cream famous.
Technically true, I mean if you believe the creme's origin story.
Max Huber, a German-born aerospace physicist, suffered severe burns in a lab explosion in the 1950s while working on a rocket stabilizer. He spent the next 12 years experimenting with Macrocystis pyrifera, a variety of kelp found in the ocean near his California home, until he finally created an elixir that healed his wounds and restored his skin to such lustrous health that all evidence of the accident was erased.
Dec 8, 2002
268 posts
183 upvotes
Edmonton
vivibaby wrote:
May 20th, 2019 9:38 pm
Does this actually work?
In general, La Mer products are not worth the hype from both a price and ingredient perspective. Beyond the fact that pricing is significantly higher than average, their products have a mixed bag of ingredients like denatured alcohol, fragrance, and sensitizing fruit extracts. There are many brands that have cheaper and more effective products.

This is not a knock against anyone who uses this line and sees results, but I went on a skincare research binge a few years ago and was shocked at how many products contained ingredients that were not good for the skin. Anyway, for a sampler and a general idea, check out Beautypedia's reviews on La Mer products. They didn't review this serum, but you can kinda tell what their products are like from the other reviews. (To further clarify, I know that Beautypedia is seen as questionable considering that the creator now makes her own line of products; they also can be inconsistent in their reviews, as similar products can have different star ratings. However, it has been a valuable resource for me in determining how good or bad a product generally is.)
May 26, 2007
843 posts
343 upvotes
w3s_26 wrote:
May 20th, 2019 9:55 pm
Damn I just bought for $199.99 on Costco.ca last week. Does anyone know if Costco will do price adjustment or do I have to order another and return the first one?

They will do a price adjustment if you call. Or you can submit it online

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)