Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 10, 2010
205 posts
326 upvotes
Mississauga

[Costco] Labour Day (Sept 6) Flash Sale on Tires. 20% off

Was at Costco today getting a flat fixed for a tire I bought on the Boxing Day Flash Sale. The Tech told me they are having another sale this Labour day with 20%off tires.

My flat had a huge piece of wood and he wasn't sure they could patch it. If not, I would pay $9.99 and they would prorate the wear on my tire towards a new tire. The tread depth was 'brand new'. With a warranty like that, Costco is the first place anyone should buy from.
Images
  • upload.png
Last edited by partsguy100 on Sep 6th, 2021 11:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: included discount picture
809 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1096 posts
1050 upvotes
partsguy100 wrote: Was at Costco today getting a flat fixed for a tire I bought on the Boxing Day Flash Sale. The Tech told me they are having another sale this Labour day with 20%off tires.

My flat had a huge piece of wood and he wasn't sure they could patch it. If not, I would pay $9.99 and they would prorate the wear on my tire towards a new tire. The tread depth was 'brand new'. With a warranty like that, Costco is the first place anyone should buy from.
Looking at the availability at tires online from costco right now, at least in my sizes, is terrible. It also won't let you verify the prices even if they're out of stock.
Sep 26, 2013
539 posts
1053 upvotes
How does buying tire in Costco work? Do they install them after you buy? What about old tires do they take them away for free? I'm due for new tires and the dealership quoted 1200 dollars for all season tires and installation.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1317 posts
1948 upvotes
Good to know because Costco.ca has 30 day price adjustments if bought from the site.

"Price Adjustment - Costco.ca Orders

Costco.ca will gladly issue a credit for the difference between the price paid and the current lower price on Costco.ca if your purchase was made online at Costco.ca and placed within 30 days prior to the change in the price of the item. Please use the form below, to submit your request"

So maybe better to buy now, and then adjust later, if there is even some massive tire sale.
azraelluz wrote: How does buying tire in Costco work? Do they install them after you buy? What about old tires do they take them away for free? I'm due for new tires and the dealership quoted 1200 dollars for all season tires and installation.
They charge you an installation fee of like $19.99 per tire usually. But Costco has lifetime rotations, and great wear and tear warranty. Even nitrogen filling. You'll put in your car make and model, verify tire size is correct and make sure that the tire you're buying either is the same or exceeds the one you're replacing. You'll then pick where you want shipped, pick the closest Costco Tire Center. Then they'll email or call you when they ship and when they arrive. Then you can go in or call and arrange the installation. They give priority to Costco purchases so usually within 24-72 hours they'll install. In BC and Ontario they charge tire levies, so they'll automatically dispose your old ones if you don't need them when they install.
Last edited by Harold91 on Aug 27th, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9899 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
azraelluz wrote: How does buying tire in Costco work? Do they install them after you buy? What about old tires do they take them away for free? I'm due for new tires and the dealership quoted 1200 dollars for all season tires and installation.
Same as any other tire shop. You pay an installation fee per tire and they'll mount it, balance it, and dispose of your old tires.
Dec 17, 2016
79 posts
55 upvotes
Yes, they install. They dispose of old tires for a fee.

Don't ever buy tires from a stealership, please.
Mar 2, 2011
425 posts
76 upvotes
Gloucester
What if you dont want your old tires disposed, or actually only want 2 disposed while you want to keep the other 2. Would they charge you to dispose just the 2 tires?
Apr 4, 2021
205 posts
396 upvotes
Victoria, BC
AndyDDDDD wrote: Don't ever buy tires from a stealership, please.
my stealership price matches. i've done it and it works great.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2738 posts
2042 upvotes
Calgary
robertbarker wrote: my stealership price matches. i've done it and it works great.
Agreed. I did the same at a local dealership and got a great price. I have also bought from Costco in the past and was happy there too.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2810 posts
4782 upvotes
Atlantic
pardesi_bhai wrote: What if you dont want your old tires disposed, or actually only want 2 disposed while you want to keep the other 2. Would they charge you to dispose just the 2 tires?
Not sure where you’re at in Canada. But most provinces have mandated disposal fees when you initially buy the tire. Should be free to dispose of at any shop that sells tires, part of the tire stewardship program in the province.

Check your tire recycling/disposal program in your province.
Feb 5, 2019
46 posts
108 upvotes
Is the 20% Off applicable to single tires ? I messed up one of them tearing a piece of rubber out from the side of the wheel.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1096 posts
1050 upvotes
If the sale is actually confirmed it should be interesting. Tires are supposed to generally increase by about 8-10% on September 1st. That would essentially make the "sale" similarly priced to blackcircles current promotion.
Feb 11, 2017
23 posts
10 upvotes
Does Costco ever have sale on wheels?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1096 posts
1050 upvotes
3wheel wrote: Does Costco ever have sale on wheels?
They've had sales in the past on steelies and alloys.
Nov 26, 2015
145 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
3wheel wrote: Does Costco ever have sale on wheels?
Yes, they do. I am waiting for it.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3618 posts
3889 upvotes
Montreal, QC
AndyDDDDD wrote: Yes, they install. They dispose of old tires for a fee.

Don't ever buy tires from a stealership, please.
Dispose of old tires for a fee ? Don't you typically pay the fee up front when you BUY new tires to ensure they get recycled afterwards ? At least here in QC, there is a $3/tire fee to cover that as far as I know.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26052 posts
10734 upvotes
Socially Distanced
You can get the current full on the road pricing here. Including current sales:
https://tires.costco.ca/
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Oct 24, 2009
997 posts
1031 upvotes
Vancouver
kronos288 wrote: Looking at the availability at tires online from costco right now, at least in my sizes, is terrible. It also won't let you verify the prices even if they're out of stock.
You need to call in or check in person for less common sizes. They can also do orders for tires not listed on the website.
Oct 18, 2020
16 posts
184 upvotes
Harold91 wrote: Good to know because Costco.ca has 30 day price adjustments if bought from the site.

"Price Adjustment - Costco.ca Orders

Costco.ca will gladly issue a credit for the difference between the price paid and the current lower price on Costco.ca if your purchase was made online at Costco.ca and placed within 30 days prior to the change in the price of the item. Please use the form below, to submit your request"

So maybe better to buy now, and then adjust later, if there is even some massive tire sale.
This is the form to submit a price adjustment request for a Costco.ca order (tires or otherwise).

Note that the same 30-day price adjustment policy applies to in-warehouse purchases as well, however, this tire promotion has historically been an online-only sale (as warehouses are closed).

Just remember to submit the price adjustment form ON Labour Day so that they will honour the discount when they process it after the holiday.