Expired Hot Deals

Costco

[Language : French]Apple 13 in. MacBook Air, Silver with AppleCare+, Intel i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2021 3:48 pm
[OP]
Dec 10, 2010
9 posts
337 upvotes
TorontoDowntown

[Costco] [Language : French]Apple 13 in. MacBook Air, Silver with AppleCare+, Intel i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD

I think it's a good deal if you need one and don't care it's French or not.

Product: $1,549.99
Less: $-550.00
Price: $999.99

AppleCare+ for Mac included

Language: French
Images
  • imageService.jpg
4 replies
Jul 9, 2019
431 posts
1824 upvotes
Adamxxtoronto wrote: I think it's a good deal if you don't care it's French or not.
But people DO care if it’s Intel or Apple’s M1 chip.

You are getting a much slower chip with worse thermals to warm you in Canadian winters and noisy always active fan.
You are investing in an architecture which Apple has already started to ignore when it comes to new software features.
You are buying a laptop with lower brightness and non P3 color gamut.
You are buying a laptop with 40-50% worse battery life.
You are buying a computer with slower storage.

M1 Air is completely silent machine as it literally has no fan inside the chassis, running in circles around Intel in performance and not even warm to touch with full day’s of battery life and more outdoor usability due to brighter screen and suited for photo and video editing as screen is color accurate.
Jun 14, 2017
326 posts
246 upvotes
Montreal
Is it a good effective savings? Yes

Do friends let friends buy Intel Macs unless they REALLY need boot camp? NO
1 spot available in my AT&T group buy: 15GB Can+Us+Mex for around $24USD/Month. PM me for details.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2032 posts
1879 upvotes
Ice cold unless you really need an intel chip (and if you're not sure...you don't)
Sep 19, 2012
7 posts
3 upvotes
Markham
M1 will get dumped for support in 2 years.... Just saying...