Hot Deals

[Costco] Lasko Ultra Ceramic Heater (ymmv, found at Stoney Creek location - Hamilton, ON) $39.97

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2020 7:14 am
[OP]
Mar 16, 2014
4 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Lasko Ultra Ceramic Heater (ymmv, found at Stoney Creek location - Hamilton, ON) $39.97

Was in Costco Stoney Creek today. Purchased the Lasko Ultimate Ceramic Heater for $39.97. Not certain of the regular price but it sells for $99.99 at Best Buy and for $119.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond. Model # CT30710C. https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... ck/5245528
Last edited by Mars2012 on Mar 24th, 2020 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price and location to title
17 replies
Feb 12, 2007
175 posts
28 upvotes
Regular price at Costco warehouse is 59.99+tax.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1110 posts
631 upvotes
Pickering
Good price. Also to note, it was this price a couple of months back, too. Thanks, OP.
I'm going to the convenient store to pick me up a pack of cigarettes...
Feb 20, 2014
100 posts
66 upvotes
These are pretty good, i picked one up at regular price. if we were going to costco this week, i would pick up another one.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
1161 posts
98 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Have one. Mind you that the heating element is less than 50% of that black mesh insert, so it heats up higher region
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1995 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto
I don't like these Lasko heaters compared to the Bionaire brand (previous heaters). The Lasko one has no memory. Everytime you turn on the heater it is set to some default setting. So, I always have to set it up to the temperature that I want and press the button to swivel the the heater.

Also, they don't seem to heat up the room as quickly as the Bionaire ones. The Lasko heater stays on for a very long time and has a hard time heating up my bedroom to 22 degrees. Unless the Bionaire one is giving off the wrong temperature reading the Bionaire heater will actually stop blowing heat at 22 degrees and turn on again later as the air gets cooler.

Each button makes an extremely loud beeping sound. I have no idea why Lasko did this. I find this so annoying. I wish there was a way to mute the beeps.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Apr 1, 2013
599 posts
630 upvotes
Fredericton
ds2chan wrote: I don't like these Lasko heaters compared to the Bionaire brand (previous heaters). The Lasko one has no memory. Everytime you turn on the heater it is set to some default setting. So, I always have to set it up to the temperature that I want and press the button to swivel the the heater.

Also, they don't seem to heat up the room as quickly as the Bionaire ones. The Lasko heater stays on for a very long time and has a hard time heating up my bedroom to 22 degrees. Unless the Bionaire one is giving off the wrong temperature reading the Bionaire heater will actually stop blowing heat at 22 degrees and turn on again later as the air gets cooler.

Each button makes an extremely loud beeping sound. I have no idea why Lasko did this. I find this so annoying. I wish there was a way to mute the beeps.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks its lack of memory is ridiculous.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1995 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto
life359 wrote: Glad I'm not the only one who thinks its lack of memory is ridiculous.
I actually emailed Lasko asking about this because I thought my heater was broken. They said that none of their heaters have a memory function. That seems ridiculous for a $60 heater (regular price).
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1343 posts
537 upvotes
Toronto
love this heater. will probably get another one for this price.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26254 posts
6515 upvotes
t_mo_t wrote: Have one. Mind you that the heating element is less than 50% of that black mesh insert, so it heats up higher region
All electric heaters that plug into a regular outlet are basically the same in terms of the heat they put out. They're all near 100% efficient and all put out something around 1500W or so. Some have different methods of heating or distributing the heat; there's also various controls, timers, etc.; but the end result is more or less the same whether you buy a $40 heater or a $200 one...

Here's some guy to explain it all, lol:
Apr 19, 2015
231 posts
247 upvotes
ds2chan wrote: I don't like these Lasko heaters compared to the Bionaire brand (previous heaters). The Lasko one has no memory. Everytime you turn on the heater it is set to some default setting. So, I always have to set it up to the temperature that I want and press the button to swivel the the heater.

Every one of these complaints lines up with mine about this specific heater. It would blast heat forever and absolutely cook the room just to get to 22 degrees, but set it to 21 and the room feels much cooler. I think it had a thermostat issue.

I hated the beeps, and my unit put out an argument chemical smell for weeks to the point that I had to return it, like burning solvent or something.

Sticking with Bionaire.
Oct 10, 2018
8 posts
4 upvotes
Hi there, just wanted to let you know that she is now on sale again for $29.97 at the Stoney Creek store. You can go to customer service and get the difference and/or buy more. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9163 posts
1963 upvotes
Montreal, QC
$30 at Anjou, got one, maybe 12 left as of last night.

Also got the Dyno-glo garage heater (3-5kw) for $80