Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

LAVA HOT weekend update (WEST) 31 pics

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 12:13 am
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Caerus wrote: Gotta wonder why Costco thinks a regular home needs not just 1 bottle of 350 pills Extra Strength Acetaminophen, but it's gotta be a 2 pack. Clearly we need 700 pills. Nah, make the limit 3 double packs though, just in case. I don't think I've ever gotten through 1 bottle before it expired.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

On a more serious note, notice how you still buy it year in and out despite knowing that half of it is going to end up back at the recycling counter? That's because in most instances its still cheaper to do so than buying these pills from a Shoppers or LD.

It isn't Costco forcing the manufacturer to pump out 700 pills in a pack. It's the manufacturer that insists on a larger pack because it wants to ensure its higher margins don't get disrupted from sales at smaller retailers.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Nov 13, 2018
906 posts
2000 upvotes
Caerus wrote: Gotta wonder why Costco thinks a regular home needs not just 1 bottle of 350 pills Extra Strength Acetaminophen, but it's gotta be a 2 pack. Clearly we need 700 pills. Nah, make the limit 3 double packs though, just in case. I don't think I've ever gotten through 1 bottle before it expired.

Expiry date on things like acetaminophen are not really for your average consumer and you can continue to use these pills way after they "expire". Tests done by the military show that 90% of drugs are completely effective even 15 years after they expire. It's a weird requirement due to a law from the 70s.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying- ... n-anything

So stock up!....?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2008
1185 posts
1288 upvotes
Is every weekend at Costco a LAVA hot weekend?
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
that is so cheap for headache medicine. a 100 pack of store label is around 7-9$, with name brand running 10-12 bucks.

that's 700 pills, go halfs with someone, geez I would happily give someone 4$ for a bottle of that.

those strawberrys are a ripoff, they were 4 bucks last week at superstore.

those mangos are a rip off also, it was a 12 pack for 8 or 9$ a week or two ago.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1247 posts
770 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
What country the mangos from?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
rocking23nf wrote:
those strawberrys are a ripoff, they were 4 bucks last week at superstore.

those mangos are a rip off also, it was a 12 pack for 8 or 9$ a week or two ago.
Superstore sold 2lbs of organic strawberries for $4? You sure about that??

Also, the Atulfo mangoes at Costco have always been bigger and sweeter after ripening over the Superstore variant. These are the only two stores I’ve been buying mangoes from every summer for the past three years and I’ve almost always found Costco’s mangoes to be better.

However it isn’t prime season for mangoes yet anyway. I’d wait a few more weeks before you but mangoes from Canadian grocery stores. Even the Costco ones will likely not ripen properly given the unpredictable weather at the moment.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2011
1055 posts
340 upvotes
Vancouver
Are they open tomorrow?
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135829 upvotes
888888 upvotes
cnbobby wrote: Are they open tomorrow?
no. it is V-day tomorrow.

V-day = Chinese Valentine's Day so it's a holiday.

I think next year we will have Chinese New Year as a holiday. :D
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
May 28, 2012
12485 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
I buy a lot of things from Costco, but the case of mangos I bought a couple of months ago were not good at all. They were expensive and the taste was bland, ended up throwing a few out because they never ripened properly.
Mar 6, 2019
237 posts
173 upvotes
vancityguy0 wrote: Superstore sold 2lbs of organic strawberries for $4? You sure about that??

Also, the Atulfo mangoes at Costco have always been bigger and sweeter after ripening over the Superstore variant. These are the only two stores I’ve been buying mangoes from every summer for the past three years and I’ve almost always found Costco’s mangoes to be better.

However it isn’t prime season for mangoes yet anyway. I’d wait a few more weeks before you but mangoes from Canadian grocery stores. Even the Costco ones will likely not ripen properly given the unpredictable weather at the moment.
2lb regular strawberries at superstore for $4. costco selling for $3.49

this said, i basically won't eat strawberries, grapes etc if they are not organic. i also avoid the produce from mexico which is drenched in pesticides too. i used to think i was allergic to certain fruits and it turned out it was actually a reaction to the spray.
Mar 6, 2019
237 posts
173 upvotes
almost bit on the kirkland bath tissue at the scotties price. please tell me this wasn't done accidentally on purpose. and 4 pics of the ice cream bars?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1546 posts
1600 upvotes
Interesting to see the balloons on clearance already with summer just starting.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18946 posts
10527 upvotes

Have kids. Then you'll go through the Tylenol!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7851 posts
8801 upvotes
Mars2012 wrote: I buy a lot of things from Costco, but the case of mangos I bought a couple of months ago were not good at all. They were expensive and the taste was bland, ended up throwing a few out because they never ripened properly.
You should have returned them. Employees have told me on several occasions to try it out a fruit and return if it's not sweet or if I don't like it.

Most recent return was for those golden berries. Super sour. :(
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7851 posts
8801 upvotes
odiferousmuffins wrote: Some of those prices are ghastly, including the cherries and mangoes. I realize this is a Costco thread, so I hope people are looking at other stores for reasonable prices.
The nice thing about fruit at Costco is the ability to return them if they aren't sweet or to your liking.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote: The nice thing about fruit at Costco is the ability to return them if they aren't sweet or to your liking.
all stores take returns. anytime im not happy with a item from safeway/saveon/superstore I return it, especially milk, if it goes bad 5-6 days before the expiry, it gets returned, safeway and saveon are excellent for returns, superstore, is OK, but they seem to hate their jobs at superstore, so I don't like going there as much
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
Thanks!

Costco was closed today in BC (Victoria Day)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)