• Feb 8th, 2020 5:56 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21872 posts
162333 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Le Creuset 2.6L Square Stoneware Casserole with Lid - $69.99

Costco has the Le Creuset 2.6L Square Stoneware Casserole with lid on sale for $69.99

https://www.costco.ca/.product.10053951 ... 207_Floral

Seems to be at least $30 cheaper than other places (based on their sale price).
3 replies
Aug 8, 2013
35 posts
78 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Does anyone here have any experience with these exact models?

I was after a similar Le cresuet roasting/lasganga dish but was dissappointed to find that numerous people reported them catestrophically failing (cracking/breaking) upon 1st or second use by experienced cooks, well below max temp. Others reported some models were no longer made in France.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4168 posts
4818 upvotes
GTA
trancematik wrote: Does anyone here have any experience with these exact models?

I was after a similar Le cresuet roasting/lasganga dish but was dissappointed to find that numerous people reported them catestrophically failing (cracking/breaking) upon 1st or second use by experienced cooks, well below max temp. Others reported some models were no longer made in France.
I believe only their cast iron products are made in France
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1818 posts
821 upvotes
Scarborough
trancematik wrote: Does anyone here have any experience with these exact models?

the ceramic was never made in France. i had a few friends who had their staub ceramic casseroles crack below the max temperature. i came to a conclusion (which could be wrong) that if you fill the entire casserole (for example mashed potaotes) and heats up the casserole dish with even coverage, it does not crack, however if you were doing roasted potatoes and the bottom of the dish is not completely fill and have hot and cold spots, that's when it cracks. in this situation Staub has a life time replacement warranty and my friends had theirs replaced. le cresuet casseroles only have a 5 year warranty.