Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 16, 2011
36 posts
48 upvotes
Winnipeg

Costco leather couches

I'm looking at Costco prospera home Mason couch set. Currently on for 1000.00 off. Wondering if anyone has experience with this brand, thoughts on Costco furniture in general, and potential issues with returns should the furniture not hold up. https://www.costco.ca/.product.100668013.html

Thanks in advance
24 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22774 posts
21607 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Costco tends to sell mostly mid range furniture ... as far as price + quality
(With some high end stuff on line)

IIRC, it was this set they had in the warehouses a few months back (BC = Before Covid)

We aren’t in the market for any furniture

But we sat on it ... and liked it

Our own leather furniture we got from LazyBoy
Over 10 years ago now
Wears well & comfy
Still looks as good as the day we bought it
(But a bit more $ than Costco )
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8028 posts
9003 upvotes
Montréal
Personally, I would not buy a couch that I could not sit onit before. Just like a matress, I would not buy a matress that I could not lie on before buying. But this is personnal to me. I know Costco return's policy is easy to deal with, but I don,t know how easy with big furnitures like couches and complete living room sets
[OP]
Oct 16, 2011
36 posts
48 upvotes
Winnipeg
DoorCrasher wrote: Personally, I would not buy a couch that I could not sit onit before. Just like a matress, I would not buy a matress that I could not lie on before buying. But this is personnal to me. I know Costco return's policy is easy to deal with, but I don,t know how easy with big furnitures like couches and complete living room sets
Apparently they will pick it up from my house the same way they dropped it off with in 30 days if I'm not happy with it.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22774 posts
21607 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Copper1212 wrote: Dead cow couch. Fancy.
Lol, dead cow, naked sheep, woven plants ... still sounds better to me than sitting in a petrochemical slick
And all far better for the environment in the long term
Nov 29, 2019
161 posts
660 upvotes
I agree with the previous comment that Costco sofa is mostly mid range. If you've found this online and are worried about the quality of the leather, you could ask for the swatch..but then sale might be over before you receive the swatch :(
About the returns,, Costco warehouse will accept returns no problem but that is if you can figure out the transporting part.. If you want Costco online to take back the sofa via White Glove, you have to pay for that service and YMMV depending on the manufacturer (because this item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer).
Personally though, I would never recommend to buy a sofa (so big and expensive) before touching and seating on it first no matter how great the deal is.. It must be such an effort to get it delivered only to have it returned..
If you can, call the manufacturer and find out if they have another retailer near your area that has the item on display.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8028 posts
9003 upvotes
Montréal
CHRISTIANJOHNSON wrote: Apparently they will pick it up from my house the same way they dropped it off with in 30 days if I'm not happy with it.
Then order it! You asked for advices, I gave you mine. You take it or leave it. I would never buy a couch without testing it. Up to you to call Costco for a retour if you don't like it. I would not.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6468 posts
828 upvotes
BC
I bought my couch and loveseat off the costco site... I ordered a swatch and did some research on cushions and what to look for. We could not find anything at a decent price in town so we went for it... very happy with it. We've had it for 2 years and it looks great.

They brought it in, took out of the package, set it all up and took the packaging with them.
That's my 2cents worth
[OP]
Oct 16, 2011
36 posts
48 upvotes
Winnipeg
Keelie wrote: I bought my couch and loveseat off the costco site... I ordered a swatch and did some research on cushions and what to look for. We could not find anything at a decent price in town so we went for it... very happy with it. We've had it for 2 years and it looks great.

They brought it in, took out of the package, set it all up and took the packaging with them.
Which set did you go with?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6468 posts
828 upvotes
BC
CHRISTIANJOHNSON wrote: Which set did you go with?
They dont have it any more.. but its a nice fabric set, wood legs, feather wrapped cushions. The fabric is really thick and soft, not like the ones they have in store. I have a cat so leather doesnt work in our house, lol. I am totally happy with it.
That's my 2cents worth
[OP]
Oct 16, 2011
36 posts
48 upvotes
Winnipeg
Keelie wrote: They dont have it any more.. but its a nice fabric set, wood legs, feather wrapped cushions. The fabric is really thick and soft, not like the ones they have in store. I have a cat so leather doesnt work in our house, lol. I am totally happy with it.
Thank you! Your response was helpful
Mar 23, 2018
263 posts
102 upvotes
rL wrote: Did you end up purchasing a sofa?

Was browsing as well and thinking of purchasing either :
https://www.costco.ca/casanova-top-grai ... 70102.html

Or

https://www.costco.ca/holland-top-grain ... 94245.html
I was looking at the holland one too and ended up buying a smaller version of it from structube called Kinsey. They only had copper in stock, which crazily enough looked more like the holland photo than the caramel color. Caramel looked way more yellowish than brown in store.

There’s a guy selling a used Holland on Kijiji but he also has brand new ones with a warranty.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2011
1440 posts
1451 upvotes
Toronto
zayzay wrote: I was looking at the holland one too and ended up buying a smaller version of it from structube called Kinsey. They only had copper in stock, which crazily enough looked more like the holland photo than the caramel color. Caramel looked way more yellowish than brown in store.

There’s a guy selling a used Holland on Kijiji but he also has brand new ones with a warranty.
Kinsey is cheaper quality than Holland so cheaper price as well

Slk wholesales to structure , west elm , article, Costco etc

Same styles but diff naming, materials and quality
Sep 5, 2009
274 posts
131 upvotes
zayzay wrote: I was looking at the holland one too and ended up buying a smaller version of it from structube called Kinsey. They only had copper in stock, which crazily enough looked more like the holland photo than the caramel color. Caramel looked way more yellowish than brown in store.

How do you like the kinsey so far? Do you feel like the back cushion gives enough support?

I like the holland because its cushion is removable but I've been reading reviews how the seams aren't that great.

For casanova, its cushions aren't removable which is a big negative. However, the design and size fits more for my living room.
Mar 23, 2018
263 posts
102 upvotes
BoredAtWork wrote: Kinsey is cheaper quality than Holland so cheaper price as well

Slk wholesales to structure , west elm , article, Costco etc

Same styles but diff naming, materials and quality
I would’ve bought the Costco one if it could fit in my living room. It did look like better quality based on the Costco reviews. Alas, it’s a foot too long for my already squished living room.
rL wrote: How do you like the kinsey so far? Do you feel like the back cushion gives enough support?

I like the holland because its cushion is removable but I've been reading reviews how the seams aren't that great.

For casanova, its cushions aren't removable which is a big negative. However, the design and size fits more for my living room.
I’ll find out when it gets delivered on Thursday lol. I sat on a couple of Kinseys in two different Structube stores and they were really comfy. I’m thinking the seams might be better on the Kinsey coz they’re flat rather than round-edged like the one (piping?) on Holland, so it pulls less.
[OP]
Oct 16, 2011
36 posts
48 upvotes
Winnipeg
rL wrote: Did you end up purchasing a sofa?

Was browsing as well and thinking of purchasing either :
https://www.costco.ca/casanova-top-grai ... 70102.html

Or

https://www.costco.ca/holland-top-grain ... 94245.html
I didn't end up buying it. We were flip flopping on it and my wife didn't "love" it. We're still on the hunt. Now looking at urban barn Savoy. Also eq3 has 20% of today and tomorrow so might take a peak.
Mar 23, 2018
263 posts
102 upvotes
Argh. The Kinsey in copper is insanely orange. I’ll give it a day to see if I’ll get used to it, but I think I might have to swap it for the caramel...

On the plus side it’s super comfy and the leather smells so good.
Images
  • D7366919-E630-47F8-A4E3-321012E34A0F.jpeg
Sep 5, 2009
274 posts
131 upvotes
I ended up buying the Casanova leather sofa today. It was on sale from 1999 to 1599. Will update once I receive it