Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

LEGO Super Mario 64 Question Block -$179.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2022 2:29 pm
18 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 18, 2002
4374 posts
1482 upvotes
Brampton
Ages: 18 years and older
well, they know their target market I guess, or its x-rated
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Member
Sep 8, 2005
371 posts
355 upvotes
This was just $160 at Mastermind (and maybe other retailers?) so keep that in mind. Perhaps it's cheaper in store which would make it an okay price.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 3, 2004
7088 posts
9131 upvotes
74629315 downvotes
Unrelated to the deal, but now I have that damn song stuck in my head from super mario bros, the original one.

Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 5, 2002
5114 posts
2948 upvotes
Gochris wrote: This was just $160 at Mastermind (and maybe other retailers?) so keep that in mind. Perhaps it's cheaper in store which would make it an okay price.
I'm pretty sure when Mastermind had it for 20% off it was only for like an hour and most couldn't get it. It wasn't supposed to be included in their sale as it is considered "hard to find" by LEGO and those sets are generally excluded from mastermind sales. Mastermind quickly removed that and a bunch of other newer sets from that 20% off sale.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Sr. Member
Nov 12, 2011
847 posts
349 upvotes
RICHMOND
NightRain wrote: I'm pretty sure when Mastermind had it for 20% off it was only for like an hour and most couldn't get it. It wasn't supposed to be included in their sale as it is considered "hard to find" by LEGO and those sets are generally excluded from mastermind sales. Mastermind quickly removed that and a bunch of other newer sets from that 20% off sale.
Eventually the discount reapplied for this one, because it was a 2 weeks sale, but the online stock was gone even before the sale. It became pretty much in store only, but for me who live on the West Coast, the only store that carried it was 3 hours away, so it made no sense for me.

Personally, I would still wait. It is a great set, both as a play and display piece, but 20% off seems like the minimum it would go on sale for. $180 is just okay.
Member
Sep 8, 2005
371 posts
355 upvotes
NightRain wrote: I'm pretty sure when Mastermind had it for 20% off it was only for like an hour and most couldn't get it. It wasn't supposed to be included in their sale as it is considered "hard to find" by LEGO and those sets are generally excluded from mastermind sales. Mastermind quickly removed that and a bunch of other newer sets from that 20% off sale.
And then it was back on sale again at a later time, I missed the first batch/sale, but added a watch and got it in the second round a couple weeks later when they restocked.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2017
1629 posts
3513 upvotes
FHill
One of my favourite builds and very fun piece to demo/display especially for a SM64 gamefan!

36 available
Jr. Member
Nov 3, 2020
106 posts
254 upvotes
Weird idea, but has anyone tried to return Lego to Costco?

My thinking is, I have a lot of sets I haven’t got to, but really enjoy building and displaying them. But if I just kept buying everything I liked I would be out of space/money pretty quick. Maybe once new enticing sets come out and I’m not as attached to the old ones, I could basically just swap them out with the Costco return policy…

Have not had time to fully reflect on the ethics or practicality of this idea though…
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2020
1612 posts
5422 upvotes
NigelL64428 wrote: Weird idea, but has anyone tried to return Lego to Costco?

My thinking is, I have a lot of sets I haven’t got to, but really enjoy building and displaying them. But if I just kept buying everything I liked I would be out of space/money pretty quick. Maybe once new enticing sets come out and I’m not as attached to the old ones, I could basically just swap them out with the Costco return policy…

Have not had time to fully reflect on the ethics or practicality of this idea though…
if your asking if Costco will take it back, yes they will. personally I think that's abusing the return policy though. do it enough and they might ban you from doing returns or revoke your membership.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 1, 2010
5921 posts
2332 upvotes
Kanata
NigelL64428 wrote: Weird idea, but has anyone tried to return Lego to Costco?

My thinking is, I have a lot of sets I haven’t got to, but really enjoy building and displaying them. But if I just kept buying everything I liked I would be out of space/money pretty quick. Maybe once new enticing sets come out and I’m not as attached to the old ones, I could basically just swap them out with the Costco return policy…

Have not had time to fully reflect on the ethics or practicality of this idea though…
Ah yes, how long does it take you to reflect on ethics of murdering someone on the street?
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Jr. Member
Nov 3, 2020
106 posts
254 upvotes
jcamldn wrote: if your asking if Costco will take it back, yes they will. personally I think that's abusing the return policy though. do it enough and they might ban you from doing returns or revoke your membership.
That’s fair, thanks for the ethical assist
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
17489 posts
15543 upvotes
GTA, ON
It's times like this that I miss the downvote button on users' posts.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jr. Member
Nov 3, 2020
106 posts
254 upvotes
chimaican wrote: It's times like this that I miss the downvote button on users' posts.
It was a dumb idea. Thank you. Case closed.
Sr. Member
Aug 26, 2019
500 posts
1047 upvotes
I started playing Mario 64 on my N64 this week and forgot how much fun it is! I might have to pick this up to add more fun/nostalgia to this weekend! Woo hoo! Saw it at Walmart as well for $199.99.
Member
User avatar
Nov 24, 2020
227 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
I like the set, but holy damn is it expensive. I would maybe get it if it was like $80 ;P
[OP]
Jr. Member
Aug 23, 2020
167 posts
352 upvotes
MrDibs wrote: I like the set, but holy damn is it expensive. I would maybe get it if it was like $80 ;P
Welcome to the world of Lego. Definitely pricey but at over 2000 pieces it is fairly priced at this price point (by Lego standards). The way I see it, it is one toy that generally holds it value.
Member
User avatar
Nov 24, 2020
227 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
StraightCashHomie wrote: Welcome to the world of Lego. Definitely pricey but at over 2000 pieces it is fairly priced at this price point (by Lego standards). The way I see it, it is one toy that generally holds it value.
Oh I'm an AFOL, just complaining about how this set didn't live up the "Peach's Castle Architecture" set rumor from last year. I wish the mini vignettes were sold individually, without the ? mark block (which is not even in the game Super Mario 64)

I would only buy this thang if it somehow went on clearance before retirement. I could see it happening, since this set is not well-liked by fans, much like the Adidas shoe that often goes on sale.

Top