Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Lenovo Flex 5 14” - Ryzen 4700, 16gb and 512 SSD for $1029 ($999 in store)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2021 7:57 pm
Jul 16, 2009
233 posts
219 upvotes
drumani wrote: what is so bad about bilingual keyboard?
It's a preference thing- Some prefer having a longer enter key/left shift VS a tall enter + small shift.
Switching form one layout to the other is do-able, just takes effort
Jul 7, 2020
17 posts
15 upvotes
Anyone who has info on graphics, would you say this is enough to play overwatch? or ow2? Im not deeply into heavy gaming but I would appreciate if this can handle 1080p high res ow or ow2
Jul 20, 2011
320 posts
311 upvotes
GTA
Buy an US keyboard and replace the bilingual one cost ~$50-60
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3807 posts
1932 upvotes
Vancouver
T3NSION wrote: Does this usb-c have power delivery?
Yes, in fact the power brick only plugs into the USB-C. I've ordered a USB-C to barrel adapter off of ebay to use the traditional power plug and free-up the USB-C port.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3807 posts
1932 upvotes
Vancouver
redflagger wrote: I don’t see a pen listed on the Costco page. Is it included?
According to Lenovo's website, this model number does not include a pen. I also didn't see one listed on the costco website.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
2589 posts
1322 upvotes
ON
Bishop8 wrote: Yes, in fact the power brick only plugs into the USB-C. I've ordered a USB-C to barrel adapter off of ebay to use the traditional power plug and free-up the USB-C port.
You had this one?
Can the usb-c be used to connect a monitor (maybe need a usb-c to Displayport or usb-c to HDMI 2.0 adapter)? what's the max resolution & refresh rate we can get?
If this works and support 2560*1440 @ 75Hz, I can connect it to my monitor using only one usb-c cable (the monitor can do usb-c charging).
Nov 30, 2015
680 posts
823 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
Would this computer be good for stuff like connecting into work over citrix, microsoft office stuff, browser-based apps running all at the same time? I'm fine doing this on my 12 year old E8400 desktop with 8g of ram, but I've started getting bluescreens and I'm not keen on troubleshooting on this old of a PC. I want to get a good bang for my buck if I'm going to spend $1000 on a new computer. I'm used to using my computers for 8-10 years before upgrading so each time I look at computers I feel like it's a whole new world out there.

E: also thinking it's time I made my work computer a laptop.
Aug 29, 2018
340 posts
441 upvotes
GroverTime wrote: Would this computer be good for stuff like connecting into work over citrix, microsoft office stuff, browser-based apps running all at the same time? I'm fine doing this on my 12 year old E8400 desktop with 8g of ram, but I've started getting bluescreens and I'm not keen on troubleshooting on this old of a PC. I want to get a good bang for my buck if I'm going to spend $1000 on a new computer. I'm used to using my computers for 8-10 years before upgrading so each time I look at computers I feel like it's a whole new world out there.

E: also thinking it's time I made my work computer a laptop.
Yes this is absolutely enough. You caould even do that with the 4500U version from Amazon that others have mentioned.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4636 posts
1357 upvotes
Guelph, ON
MrBigNose wrote: You had this one?
Can the usb-c be used to connect a monitor (maybe need a usb-c to Displayport or usb-c to HDMI 2.0 adapter)? what's the max resolution & refresh rate we can get?
If this works and support 2560*1440 @ 75Hz, I can connect it to my monitor using only one usb-c cable (the monitor can do usb-c charging).
The Lenovo Flex 5 USB C does not have video output, they reserve it for higher end models.
Dec 25, 2012
785 posts
1142 upvotes
Ontario
Intel 10th gen is where it's at. Would never but anything less.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
2589 posts
1322 upvotes
ON
sixer wrote: The Lenovo Flex 5 USB C does not have video output, they reserve it for higher end models.
thanks. i cancelled my order.
I have last year's Flex14. Having no USB-C video out is annoying.
Dec 16, 2012
387 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary
I picked up one from Amazon, touchpad was flimsy, not sure if I am spoiled by Surface/Mac's. Returned. If you can live with not the best touchpad, the value is there.
😁
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
6006 posts
5833 upvotes
Vancouver
Is the body ABS or metal?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3807 posts
1932 upvotes
Vancouver
MrBigNose wrote: You had this one?
I have the Amazon 4500u model, which is ostensibly the same. I don't believe it has Displayport unfortunately, power only.
Spinner wrote: Is the body ABS or metal?
ABS/plastic. I actually prefer it to the HP Envy metal body, but that's probably just me.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3558 posts
4104 upvotes
Why are these newer laptop models heavier than even 2 years ago? A proper 14" ultrabook, where most users buy it for commuting to school/work, should be maximum 3 lbs and as close to 2 lbs as possible. Unless the extra bloat is giving me a more durable chassis, that should in theory survive accidental falls better, I'm not impressed with this trend.
For Sale: