Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Lenovo Flex 5 14” - Ryzen 4700, 16gb and 512 SSD for $1029 ($999 in store)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2021 7:57 pm
Sep 12, 2006
218 posts
146 upvotes
kendorama wrote: Anyone having trouble with the Wifi? It just cuts out sometimes, and sometimes bandwidth goes to 5/5 when I have 75/15 connection. It does this even if I'm right next to the router and other devices test just fine at the same time.
Yes, was having trouble with wifi, and it was maddening. I would connect to the wifi signal at home but say internet unavailable. I found two things that seemed to help:
1. First, configure the wifi adapter properties and turn off power saving.
2. On your router reserve the IP address the laptop's wireless connection uses so it is always the same, Then, manually set the IP address that the laptop uses on the laptop to the same thing.

This is my wife's computer so it is not in front of me. Will post some screen shots or links when I get around to it, and it is not in use.
Oct 29, 2015
404 posts
231 upvotes
im looking for a used version of this laptop. PM me if you have one
:D
Jan 10, 2009
113 posts
11 upvotes
Teodore wrote: Is this still a good buy? Wonder why so many returns?
Would love to know this as well!

EDIT: I got the 4500U from Amazon and love it so far. Please let me know if I need to be on the look out for any particular issue to test.
Last edited by AceX21 on Sep 9th, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10801 posts
3345 upvotes
Montreal, QC
My microphone wasn't working when I got mine, had to update the drivers, I wonder if that's one of the reason for the returns.
Nov 29, 2020
1 posts
Excellent computer. Got me through a full semester of school with zero problems. Gamed a little bit too but it isn’t really for that. I use it everyday with a 1080p monitor at 60Hz over HDMI. Only commenting now because I spotted this at the Ancaster Costco for 799. Pen extra, but works pretty well for annotating slides. Uses Wacom AES; I think that’s better than ntrig but not as good as Apple Pencil or EMR (Samsung note)
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1918 posts
816 upvotes
Calgary
Not sure why this thread is expired.
Just purchased this laptop.

Has anyone purchased a dock or hub? Apparently you can't drive external monitors over USB C.

Also what is a good pen as the Costco one doesn't come with the pen?

Thanks
Temp. Banned
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22932 upvotes
Toronto
Deemo wrote: Not sure why this thread is expired.
Just purchased this laptop.

Has anyone purchased a dock or hub? Apparently you can't drive external monitors over USB C.

Also what is a good pen as the Costco one doesn't come with the pen?

Thanks
The USB Type-C port only has Power Delivery 3.0, no DisplayPort alternate mode

DISPLAYPORT OVER USB-C
https://www.displayport.org/displayport-over-usb-c/

No pen included

https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PD ... 5_Spec.PDF
http://content.etilize.com/Manufacturer ... 516483.pdf
Destiny is all
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10801 posts
3345 upvotes
Montreal, QC
For those still questioning the warranty on the Amazon unit, I just sent mine in for service to a depot in North Bay, mic is defective and the gasket for the camera shutter came loose, so much for better build vs Dell, of which I've never had that kind of QC issue in the past decade, we have Latitude at work and bought 2 end of lease units and they've been all fine.