Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Lenovo Legion 5 82JU00N6CC Gaming Laptop, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H - $1199

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2022 10:23 am
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jan 18, 2008
187 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Lenovo Legion 5 82JU00N6CC Gaming Laptop, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H - $1199

Processor and Memory:

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600H processor
8 GB DDR4

Drives:

512 GB SSD
No optical drive

Display and Video Graphics:

15.6 in. FHD display (1920 × 1080)
Refresh rate: 165Hz
6 GB NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 3060 graphics

Communication:

Wi-Fi 6 + Bluetooth® 5.0
HD web camera with E-shutter

Keyboard and Pointing Device:

English-only physical backlit keyboard
Multi-gesture touchpad

Ports:

2 × USB-C™
4 × USB 3.2
1 × LAN
1 × HDMI® 2.1
1 × headphone/microphone combo

Operating System:

Microsoft® Windows® 11 Home

Specifications:

Dimensions (W × D × H): 36.3 cm × 26.1 cm × 2.5 cm (14.3 in. × 10.3 in. × 1.0 in.)
Weight (approximate): 2.4 kg (5.3 lb.)

Warranty and Returns:

For Costco members only, Costco extends manufacturer warranty to 2 years from the date of purchase if the manufacturer's warranty is less than 2 years. Click on the Concierge Services icon for details. Concierge Service is offered exclusively to Costco members.
Returns accepted within 90 days from date of purchase
Last edited by 40gates on May 30th, 2022 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
Not the specs you're looking for? Check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best gaming laptops!
162 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12796 posts
15656 upvotes
Toronto
40gates wrote: Processor and Memory:

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600H processor
8 GB DDR4
Has 1x 8GB SO-DIMM DDR4-3200 and can be upgraded to dual-channel for increased performance


from Product Specifications Reference (PSREF) - Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H

Memory
Max Memory
Up to 32GB DDR4-3200 offering
Memory Slots
Two DDR4 SO-DIMM slots, dual-channel capable
Memory Type
DDR4-3200

Notes:
The max memory is based on the test results with current Lenovo® memory offerings. The system may support more memory as the technology develops.
Destiny is all
Newbie
May 6, 2014
49 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is this a good gaming laptop? The last time I bought a computer was almost 10 years ago (desktop) so very out of the loop on latest specs
Sr. Member
Sep 2, 2003
940 posts
265 upvotes
GTA
Did the OP post this after I mentioned it in another post? lol
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1242 posts
1283 upvotes
Does costco still give you 2 year walk in warranty ?
Zoomer: 1 account for family and planning to leave for good in 2023
Koodo too: for a phone and locked to 24 months but was a good deal.
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12796 posts
15656 upvotes
Toronto
geoffs wrote: Does costco still give you 2 year walk in warranty ?
Costco extends the manufacturer's warranty to 2 years from the date of purchase if the manufacturer's warranty is less than 2 years.
See the manufacturer's warranty for specific coverage terms. For warranty service, contact Costco Concierge Services at: 1-866-231-9731 TOLL-FREE

from https://www.costco.ca/concierge.html
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1242 posts
1283 upvotes
So $1199 costco with 8gb and 2 yr warranty vs. $1149+149-squaresoft warranty/ebay....if you want the warranty with costco ease, I'd say this is the better deal
Zoomer: 1 account for family and planning to leave for good in 2023
Koodo too: for a phone and locked to 24 months but was a good deal.
Member
User avatar
Nov 26, 2014
206 posts
308 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The other is 5800H, this one is 5600H.
The other one is 16 GB Ram and this is 8.
So the question is if the difference is worth the 100 dollars saving, assuming two years warranty.
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12796 posts
15656 upvotes
Toronto
geoffs wrote: So $1199 costco with 8gb and 2 yr warranty vs. $1149+149-squaresoft warranty/ebay....if you want the warranty with costco ease, I'd say this is the better deal
Partly wrote: The other is 5800H, this one is 5600H.
The other one is 16 GB Ram and this is 8.
So the question is if the difference is worth the 100 dollars saving, assuming two years warranty.
Better deal now, $959.99 if you order this weekend

Spend over $1000 at costco.ca and save 20% off thread

@40gates, you may want to update the first post with this price
Destiny is all
Member
Jul 16, 2021
365 posts
653 upvotes
costco is better deal especially if you have that extra ram laying around to upgrade to 16gb, if you dont have that extra ram tho 8gb is a joke.
most games will be using more that gpu so that 5600h is plenty to run on that 1080p screen
Newbie
Apr 17, 2020
74 posts
113 upvotes
Guys, my family has 3 Lenovo Legion laptops of different models, and I did lots of research before buying last year.

I can say this with confidence: The 2021 Lenovo Legion 5 is the one of the best, if not the best overall GAMING laptop in its class (3060 equipped). Just check out reviews from Jerrod's Tech, Dave 2D, Hardware Canuck... etc and you will know what I mean.

Lenovo provides great thermal management and allows up to 125 or 130 W to the GPU in Legion 5, resulting in some of the best frame rates in games for any 3060 machines. For the rest of details, check out reviews yourself.

If you are a GAMER looking for an affordable GAMING laptop, and if you DON'T mind a 6c/12t CPU, get your credit card ready and order one from Costco NOW!

The deal from either eBay or the Lenovo site is still very good (especially compared to the price last year), but the difference is not worth $350 IMHO unless you must have R7 5800H. RAM can be upgraded very easily (check out videos on the right kind of RAM to buy. Crucial is a safe bet). On either model you will need to upsize/add the second SDD anyway. Even 512 GB will not carry you too far. The interior is very easy to work

I highlight "gamers" because it may not be a good choice for less demanding users. It is powerful, and the screen is good enough for content creators, But just like what some friends have already said, it is heavy, the 300W power supply is very heavy, and the battery run time is not long. it is not for travelling. For those who do not game, they will be better off with something lighter.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1232 posts
225 upvotes
Do you need a Costco membership to buy?
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12796 posts
15656 upvotes
Toronto
engmsf wrote: Do you need a Costco membership to buy?
Yes, a Costco membership is required to checkout
Destiny is all
Member
Jun 6, 2017
232 posts
82 upvotes
Thanks OP, ordered, looking for a entry level gaming laptop and this fits the bill, also good discount of $440.
Newbie
Aug 19, 2019
90 posts
68 upvotes
This is tempting since my msi laptop died a few months ago. But Im not sure how performance would compare, it was an I7 7700 with gtx 1070. Had 16gb stick of ram that I could use to upgrade the Legion. But it's 2400 ram, so looks like it will slow down the current 8gb. Not sure if that would be an improvement or a step backwards, anyone know better?
Last edited by EhJay42 on May 28th, 2022 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Apr 20, 2009
119 posts
18 upvotes
What if you're not a gamer but want to use this for photoshop and lightroom etc?
Umrmp3 wrote: Guys, my family has 3 Lenovo Legion laptops of different models, and I did lots of research before buying last year.

I can say this with confidence: The 2021 Lenovo Legion 5 is the one of the best, if not the best overall GAMING laptop in its class (3060 equipped). Just check out reviews from Jerrod's Tech, Dave 2D, Hardware Canuck... etc and you will know what I mean.

Lenovo provides great thermal management and allows up to 125 or 130 W to the GPU in Legion 5, resulting in some of the best frame rates in games for any 3060 machines. For the rest of details, check out reviews yourself.

If you are a GAMER looking for an affordable GAMING laptop, and if you DON'T mind a 6c/12t CPU, get your credit card ready and order one from Costco NOW!

The deal from either eBay or the Lenovo site is still very good (especially compared to the price last year), but the difference is not worth $350 IMHO unless you must have R7 5800H. RAM can be upgraded very easily (check out videos on the right kind of RAM to buy. Crucial is a safe bet). On either model you will need to upsize/add the second SDD anyway. Even 512 GB will not carry you too far. The interior is very easy to work

I highlight "gamers" because it may not be a good choice for less demanding users. It is powerful, and the screen is good enough for content creators, But just like what some friends have already said, it is heavy, the 300W power supply is very heavy, and the battery run time is not long. it is not for travelling. For those who do not game, they will be better off with something lighter.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)