Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] LG 20 inch led computer monitor $39.97

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 29th, 2016 10:55 am
Tags:
None
21 replies
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 29, 2015
67 posts
23 upvotes
Bradford, ON
Link to costco please? I see nothing on their website...
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
7176 posts
3356 upvotes
Canuckland
1600x900 more like regular sale
Newbie
User avatar
Aug 30, 2006
97 posts
157 upvotes
I bought and returned it at the previous clearance price. The panel is awful. The colours shift and don't look right no matter what angle you look at it from. Using it actually hurt my eyes compared to other monitors that I've used. I've seen bad TN panels, but never this bad before. I would not consider buying it again, even at the current price.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2973 posts
3215 upvotes
GVRD
Costco is getting smarter at the final clear-outs. Before, each store would have a few units remaining at the lowered .97 price. That would allow everyone to get price adjustments at their local store.

Now, Costco rounds them all up and keeps them at one location that's not where most were sold. Most people won't make the drive to that far out location. The ones that make that trip will often by many which helps Costco to clear them out in 1-2 days, avoiding lengthy and expensive price adjustments.

Remember, you can only adjust if that specific store you are at at has it on the shelf. They hate it when their inventory system isn't up-to-date. If its still showing a few units because of returns, thefts, misplaced or sample units, they'll have to continue to price match. Sometimes they'll interrogate the customer saying.WHERE IN THE STORE DID YOU SEE IT?! ...but usually not.

I've seen them do it with shoes and boots too. They're trying to make that 2nd clear-out .97 priced item quicker and quieter.

BTW Costco does watch RFD for all Costco hits. They know that the RFD group can act as a group.

I'm sure they don't like it too sometimes, especially when they recently got caught with sale item prices that were significantly higher than the regular price from a week or two earlier.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2013
1095 posts
460 upvotes
North of Toronto
RxMills wrote: Costco is getting smarter at the final clear-outs. Before, each store would have a few units remaining at the lowered .97 price. That would allow everyone to get price adjustments at their local store.

Now, Costco rounds them all up and keeps them at one location that's not where most were sold. Most people won't make the drive to that far out location. The ones that make that trip will often by many which helps Costco to clear them out in 1-2 days, avoiding lengthy and expensive price adjustments.

Remember, you can only adjust if that specific store you are at at has it on the shelf. They hate it when their inventory system isn't up-to-date. If its still showing a few units because of returns, thefts, misplaced or sample units, they'll have to continue to price match. Sometimes they'll interrogate the customer saying.WHERE IN THE STORE DID YOU SEE IT?! ...but usually not.

I've seen them do it with shoes and boots too. They're trying to make that 2nd clear-out .97 priced item quicker and quieter.

BTW Costco does watch RFD for all Costco hits. They know that the RFD group can act as a group.

I'm sure they don't like it too sometimes, especially when they recently got caught with sale item prices that were significantly higher than the regular price from a week or two earlier.
This is completely false. They do not cross ship product between stores. But your imagination was great. I know people at the management level that work for Costco that also confirmed that it's false.
Sr. Member
Jul 11, 2009
815 posts
733 upvotes
Toronto
I saw a whole end aisle of the maple end grain cutting boards with feet at the Queensway etobicoke location last Friday.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2973 posts
3215 upvotes
GVRD
GhostBusters wrote: This is completely false. They do not cross ship product between stores. But your imagination was great. I know people at the management level that work for Costco that also confirmed that it's false.

Umm, sorry to say but my info came precisely from the Costco store manager. It may not be a blanket corporate rule for all items and all stores; only specific situations like this $39 monitor for example. Saw it with crocs shoes too which was also confirmed to be a consolidation from other stores by a Costco employee.

Of course, this is not to say that Costco regularly cross ships between stores. That would be very expensive for them.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hit a subject that upset you so. Maybe you haven't come across it yet. Visiting many different Costco stores in a region is highly insightful sometimes.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 24, 2003
4383 posts
996 upvotes
Golden Horseshoe
RxMills wrote: Costco is getting smarter at the final clear-outs. Before, each store would have a few units remaining at the lowered .97 price. That would allow everyone to get price adjustments at their local store.

Now, Costco rounds them all up and keeps them at one location that's not where most were sold. Most people won't make the drive to that far out location. The ones that make that trip will often by many which helps Costco to clear them out in 1-2 days, avoiding lengthy and expensive price adjustments.

Remember, you can only adjust if that specific store you are at at has it on the shelf. They hate it when their inventory system isn't up-to-date. If its still showing a few units because of returns, thefts, misplaced or sample units, they'll have to continue to price match. Sometimes they'll interrogate the customer saying.WHERE IN THE STORE DID YOU SEE IT?! ...but usually not.

I've seen them do it with shoes and boots too. They're trying to make that 2nd clear-out .97 priced item quicker and quieter.

BTW Costco does watch RFD for all Costco hits. They know that the RFD group can act as a group.

I'm sure they don't like it too sometimes, especially when they recently got caught with sale item prices that were significantly higher than the regular price from a week or two earlier.
LMAO that's not true. One of the store managers at location in Southern Ontario (he asked me not to say which one) - who I just sent a text too replied with "LOL wtf"
yeah they don't also cross store ship.
Sr. Member
Jul 11, 2009
815 posts
733 upvotes
Toronto
sauga79 wrote: Yeah, the problem with those cutting boards is not all 4 feet come in contact with the countertop you are cutting on.
yea, was tempted to buy one but i remember the thread about their shortcomings, including maybe easily cracking despite keeping it well oiled, i think.
Banned
Mar 10, 2009
437 posts
135 upvotes
I bought 4 at 59$ last month and I got a defective unit after a day of use.

25% failure rate.... didn't think LG could make such low quality monitors.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 28, 2008
3763 posts
5753 upvotes
Langley, BC
poroporo wrote: I bought 4 at 59$ last month and I got a defective unit after a day of use.

25% failure rate.... didn't think LG could make such low quality monitors.
small sample size is small
Banned
Mar 10, 2009
437 posts
135 upvotes
steven80 wrote: small sample size is small
Certainly, but I was quite disappointed. I had to ship back the unit to a repair center and I am still waiting for it to get back. Also, I believe they are now down to a 1-year warranty instead of 3 formerly.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 26, 2005
5311 posts
30245 upvotes
Montreal
GhostBusters wrote: This is completely false. They do not cross ship product between stores. But your imagination was great. I know people at the management level that work for Costco that also confirmed that it's false.
They cross ship. A perfect example is last year in the Montreal area where Bridge St was the only location to have the AccuWeather station for 19.97. Instore stock would drop to a dozen units, then two days later there would be +100 instock, while neighbouring stores were clearing out items.

This week ~20 parabolic heaters were cleared out in 24hrs. I doubt they were sold that quickly.

Top