[Costco] LG 32" QHD Monitor - $289.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 9:06 am
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18398 posts
6415 upvotes
Toronto
cloak wrote: Overall, I like the monitor. It "just works" straight out of the box. 1440P feels right and gives me lots of crisp resolutions and zooming sizes for different tasks.

I am waiting for the 32in curved Samsung that Costco had; deciding which of the two to keep once they are side-by-side. I had a curved 32in before and found it just "right" in terms of size but it had been 1080P - 32in flat feels just slightly too large BUT better than using two separate screens... especially for video calls on half the screen and documents under discussion on the other half.
I was looking at the Samsung but very weird you can't find many reviews on this.
Sep 19, 2017
909 posts
728 upvotes
Moncton
carmaster wrote: I was looking at the Samsung but very weird you can't find many reviews on this.
Side concern with many Samsung monitors (not necessarily related to image quality) is the "nub" you're left with on the back if you don't want to use the included stand, but instead want to use the Vesa mount. The way the stand is designed, the only way to remove the "nub" is to remove the entire back cover, and for that reason I avoid Samsung monitors these days.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18398 posts
6415 upvotes
Toronto
fred666 wrote: If they never fail, then the manufacturer should offer a 3 year warranty, since it won't cost them anything. Isn't it?
Well most electronic items have 1 year warranties, even $5000+ tvs. So the manufacturer doesn't really care if you have to buy another one after a year or two.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1099 posts
771 upvotes
Ottawa
sswilson wrote: Side concern with many Samsung monitors (not necessarily related to image quality) is the "nub" you're left with on the back if you don't want to use the included stand, but instead want to use the Vesa mount. The way the stand is designed, the only way to remove the "nub" is to remove the entire back cover, and for that reason I avoid Samsung monitors these days.
This one has two screws at the bottom of the "nub" for just this reasons it seems (do not have to remove the entire back)
Sep 19, 2017
909 posts
728 upvotes
Moncton
cloak wrote: This one has two screws at the bottom of the "nub" for just this reasons it seems (do not have to remove the entire back)
Good to know, I'll have to see if I can get a close look at one of the newer model Samsungs. Maybe they've seen the error of their ways... ;)

edit: Confirmed the two screws in the manual (it's under "wall mounting" as opposed to stand installation/removal)
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12671 posts
2073 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
fred666 wrote: If they never fail, then the manufacturer should offer a 3 year warranty, since it won't cost them anything. Isn't it?
It costs the manufacturer to keep parts in stock.
Sep 27, 2017
66 posts
128 upvotes
They only need to stock parts if the product fails within the warranty period.
Jul 8, 2020
15 posts
40 upvotes
prohomy wrote: Lg only has a 1yr warranty on their monitors whereas asus benq acer have standard 3yr and philips, I believe, does 4yrs.
Samsung generally only has 1yr on their monitors as well.
When monitor shopping, I don't even consider samsung and lg because of this.
I can vouch for that. Never had an LG monitor but Samsung one failed after 4 years. My older Philips monitor is still going strong after 10+ years, today!
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3375 posts
826 upvotes
I got this monitor yesterday and it is meh... If I run at native resolution with no upscaling the text is very pixelated and not crisp.
Also colours are not that great... will be returning it
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1099 posts
771 upvotes
Ottawa
romsan04 wrote: I got this monitor yesterday and it is meh... If I run at native resolution with no upscaling the text is very pixelated and not crisp.
That is not at all the experience I had right out of the box without any adjustments. 1440p looked great for text (using Excel, Word, web browser, zooming text, etc)

I did have issues when I started playing with the settings (random custom settings to see what I could push) on my video card but I just reverted back to standard (i.e., non-custom) settings and it was back to being crisp.
May 22, 2016
506 posts
518 upvotes
romsan04 wrote: I got this monitor yesterday and it is meh... If I run at native resolution with no upscaling the text is very pixelated and not crisp.
what? lol, you must have either wonky settings, or monitor is defective. I have the exact opposite experience with out of the box settings.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5334 posts
1987 upvotes
Debtario
Tempted by this monitor, looks great! Just so close to black friday and it has been this price for a long time, thinking I should wait for a hot deal.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18398 posts
6415 upvotes
Toronto
Play around with the settings and make sure the drivers are installed.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18398 posts
6415 upvotes
Toronto
Also keep in mind you have 90 days so if something is better during Black Friday or Boxing Day you can return this.