Hot Deals

[Costco] LG 32" QHD Monitor - $289.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 9:27 pm
Sep 19, 2017
861 posts
680 upvotes
Moncton
I've been using one as a vertical pinball field (and now vertical MAME screen) without any complaints.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Sep 30, 2020
41 posts
8 upvotes
sswilson wrote: Purchasing at Costco automatically doubles the manu warranty, and an extended warranty beyond that is relatively inexpensive as well.
Are you sure Costco will extend the warranty of Monitors to 2 yrs as Computers? In the product description of laptops or desktops, there are something like:
Warranty and Returns:
For Costco members only, Costco extends manufacturer warranty to 2 years from the date of purchase if the manufacturer's warranty is less than 2 years. Click on the Concierge Services icon for details. Concierge Service is offered exclusively to Costco members.
Returns accepted within 90 days from date of purchase

But can't be found under that of Monitors.
Dec 8, 2009
408 posts
369 upvotes
prohomy wrote: Lg only has a 1yr warranty on their monitors whereas asus benq acer have standard 3yr and philips, I believe, does 4yrs.
Samsung generally only has 1yr on their monitors as well.
When monitor shopping, I don't even consider samsung and lg because of this.
Samsung and LG actually make/supply their own panels for their monitors and don't have to source it from a third party. I'd expect they keep the best for their own products and that's why I usually consider them first over other brands if everything else is equal.

One year warranty isn't great, but honestly if you have to pay to ship a monitor for warranty (paying at least one way usually) you are already looking at a losing proposition anyways.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5127 posts
1927 upvotes
Toronto
Hellordfdeals wrote: Are you sure Costco will extend the warranty of Monitors to 2 yrs as Computers? In the product description of laptops or desktops, there are something like:
Warranty and Returns:
For Costco members only, Costco extends manufacturer warranty to 2 years from the date of purchase if the manufacturer's warranty is less than 2 years. Click on the Concierge Services icon for details. Concierge Service is offered exclusively to Costco members.

Monitors are not subject to the reduced 90-day return period. They have the same policy as regular Costco products.

Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days from the date of purchase for televisions, major appliances*, projectors, computers, cameras, Aerial Cameras (drones), camcorders, digital music players, tablets, smart watches, Cellular Phones (return details will vary by carrier service contract) and other electronic products identified by Costco from time to time.
[OP]
Aug 24, 2018
540 posts
556 upvotes
Langley BC
Manatus wrote: Monitors are not subject to the reduced 90-day return period. They have the same policy as regular Costco products.

Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days from the date of purchase for televisions, major appliances*, projectors, computers, cameras, Aerial Cameras (drones), camcorders, digital music players, tablets, smart watches, Cellular Phones (return details will vary by carrier service contract) and other electronic products identified by Costco from time to time.
So they will accept returns past the 90 days then but only a 1 year warranty i guess.
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Sep 19, 2017
861 posts
680 upvotes
Moncton
Hellordfdeals wrote: Are you sure Costco will extend the warranty of Monitors to 2 yrs as Computers? In the product description of laptops or desktops, there are something like:
Warranty and Returns:

You could be right. I assumed (there's that word... :) ) that the policy for monitors would be the same as it is for TVs. My better half works at Costco and confirms the policy for TVs, but isn't sure about it on monitors.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Dec 26, 2006
911 posts
834 upvotes
TempletonPeck wrote: Samsung and LG actually make/supply their own panels for their monitors and don't have to source it from a third party. I'd expect they keep the best for their own products and that's why I usually consider them first over other brands if everything else is equal.

One year warranty isn't great, but honestly if you have to pay to ship a monitor for warranty (paying at least one way usually) you are already looking at a losing proposition anyways.
It's only costing me $32 to ship a 32" panel in original box from BC to ON via CP. That's better than I expected.
Sep 30, 2020
41 posts
8 upvotes
honggil wrote: Was thinking of using a 43 inch tv too lol. Might grab this if the return is simple at Costco
Do you think the big TV is ok for watching closely? I am looking for a Monitor for young guys who are studying at home whole days with Laptop.
Dec 26, 2006
911 posts
834 upvotes
sswilson wrote: You could be right. I assumed (there's that word... :) ) that the policy for monitors would be the same as it is for TVs. My better half works at Costco and confirms the policy for TVs, but isn't sure about it on monitors.
I called Costco Concierge and he said 1yr LG warranty, 2nd yr is covered by Costco Concierge.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
3884 posts
3340 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Manatus wrote: Monitors are not subject to the reduced 90-day return period. They have the same policy as regular Costco products.

When I ordered the monitor from Costco.ca, it shows this in the "Shipping & Terms".
THE RETURN POLICY FOR TELEVISIONS, PROJECTORS, COMPUTERS, TABLETS, CAMERAS, CAMCORDERS, MP3 PLAYERS, AND CELLULAR PHONES IS 90 DAYS FROM DATE OF PURCHASE.

Manufacturer's warranty service is available on all electronics products. See manufacturer's warranty for specific coverage terms.

For COMPUTERS (excluding TABLETS), TELEVISIONS and PROJECTORS, Costco extends the MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY to two years from date of purchase if the manufacturer's warranty is less than two years. Please call Costco Concierge? Technical Support @ 1-866-231-9731 for warranty assistance.

PLEASE RETAIN YOUR RECEIPT FOR PROOF OF WARRANTY ENTITLEMENT. For FREE technical support, set-up help, or warranty assistance for televisions, projectors, computers, tablets, cameras, camcorders, and MP3 players, call Costco Concierge? Services @ 1-866-231-9731.

This service is available exclusively for Costco members.
It's potentially disputable, but I'd presume this means that monitors are categorized under that policy.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
3877 posts
786 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hellordfdeals wrote: Do you think the big TV is ok for watching closely? I am looking for a Monitor for young guys who are studying at home whole days with Laptop.
I think it’s too big lol unless your desk is very deep
Apr 9, 2006
488 posts
68 upvotes
I have a 43” LG with extended warranty I got on prime day. IPS 4K monitor. Will be returning it so if you are interested then let me know.
EJF777 wrote: Thanks OP. Will probably pick this up. Was considering a 43" TV, but may be overkill. Can't go wrong with Costco's return policy.
May 8, 2013
611 posts
562 upvotes
London
I have a white Samsung 32 inch flat screen 1080 p monitor. I'm super happy with it and want another but they are extinct now it seems. I'm considering this but 300 bucks is too much for my usage... Thanks for sharing op . If u find something white and cheaper let me know :p
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1081 posts
561 upvotes
DonM28020 wrote: I just picked up this monitor @ Abbotsford Costco (I am assuming it would or will be in stock at other Costco stores).
How’s the monitor so far? I’m debating between a QHD 32” and a 4K 32”. I’m just worried that QHD on a 32” may be too pixelated.
Feb 10, 2017
199 posts
185 upvotes
Calgary
TempletonPeck wrote: One year warranty isn't great, but honestly if you have to pay to ship a monitor for warranty (paying at least one way usually) you are already looking at a losing proposition anyways.
Not sure about LG, but when I had to RMA an Acer monitor they supplied a prepaid shipping label for free.