[Costco] LG 32" QHD Monitor - $289.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 9:27 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1180 posts
471 upvotes
Montreal, QC
sswilson wrote: Purchasing at Costco automatically doubles the manu warranty, and an extended warranty beyond that is relatively inexpensive as well.
great. when asus benq acer go on sale we will have a 6 yr warranty :-)
Sep 19, 2017
861 posts
680 upvotes
Moncton
reggielist wrote: great. when asus benq acer go on sale we will have a 6 yr warranty :-)
Heh... I misrepresented the policy... I believe it's an extra year provided by Costco Concierge "if" the manufacturer warranty is only one year.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Nov 13, 2003
419 posts
33 upvotes
Would this be good for using with the Xbox series X? I was hoping to play Warzone on this. Thanks for the help in advance

JL
May 24, 2007
542 posts
558 upvotes
Kelowna
sswilson wrote: I built a fixed angle vertical mount with a removable controller cabinet. It's primarily built as a standing pinball cabinet (correct flipper button height and width) but I also added (just yesterday :) ) buttons for mame.
Looks awesome! I love seeing non conforming arcade builds. Get tired of seeing purists who have to have everything a certain way. Yours looks totally functional with a small footprint.

Mine is going to be a crazy hybrid with movable top panels (4 arcade fighter style layouts, a spinner and a trackball for Golden Tee), side leafs that open to allow 4 players side by side, 2 light guns tucked under, a removable (sits on the back when not being used) correct height and size virtual pinball console complete with working plunger and effects via Pinscape), a high monitor for specific game info and for vpinball and a rotatable 32" or 43" main monitor.

Oh yeah, also going to have a hidden pull out keyboard tray so I can game via keyboard and mouse. Thinking I'll pick up a drafting chair so I have comfort and height when I don't want to stand around. The plans are pretty much complete and I have almost all the pieces except the main monitor. Still need to figure out a good cabling solution for the movable top sticks but hoping to start building it in the coming month.
Sep 19, 2017
861 posts
680 upvotes
Moncton
Hexxed wrote: Looks awesome! I love seeing non conforming arcade builds. Get tired of seeing purists who have to have everything a certain way. Yours looks totally functional with a small footprint.

Mine is going to be a crazy hybrid with movable top panels (4 arcade fighter style layouts, a spinner and a trackball for Golden Tee), side leafs that open to allow 4 players side by side, 2 light guns tucked under, a removable (sits on the back when not being used) correct height and size virtual pinball console complete with working plunger and effects via Pinscape), a high monitor for specific game info and for vpinball and a rotatable 32" or 43" main monitor.

Oh yeah, also going to have a hidden pull out keyboard tray so I can game via keyboard and mouse. Thinking I'll pick up a drafting chair so I have comfort and height when I don't want to stand around. The plans are pretty much complete and I have almost all the pieces except the main monitor. Still need to figure out a good cabling solution for the movable top sticks but hoping to start building it in the coming month.
Thanks, and yeah, I have my doubts that any of the purists would approve. :) Works amazing well for Pinball FX3 though.

That's a pretty impressive list of design elements / hardware / features. :) If you don't mind my asking... what did you end up sourcing for the spinner?

I also intend on having the ability to rotate the monitor for Flight Sim, but my plan only involves a pedestal style vesa stand that's high enough to clear the front of the existing wooden frame (one of the benefits of having the front controller cabinet separate from the whole frame). The monitor is not secured to the frame in any way shape or form so it'll be easy enough to lift it up and feed knurled head machine screws into the vesa mount holes.

How do you intend on having your monitor rotate? My original vertical setup was using a 27" monitor on a gas shock monitor arm, but the single point of support transmitted every little shake and bump on the desk directly to the monitor so it was less than ideal until I moved the shock mount base over to an adjacent table/desk to decouple the mount from movements on the desk.
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Mar 26, 2018
16 posts
15 upvotes
I am not knowledgeable about monitors, so would appreciate if someone could tell me if this is better or LG 27GL63T LG 27GL63T

I got LG 27GL63T for 270 when it was last on sale at Costco (had to get it urgently). I know its bigger, but for me 27" or 32" doesnt matter. I need it for WFH primarily and occasional gaming. Any input is appreciated :)
[OP]
Aug 24, 2018
540 posts
556 upvotes
Langley BC
JL23 wrote: Would this be good for using with the Xbox series X? I was hoping to play Warzone on this. Thanks for the help in advance

JL
If you are wanting something specifically for gaming you might want to invest in a monitor that has a higher frame rate and possibly even 4K (but be prepared to shell out some $$$ for that). It might be better to try and get a 40" 4K 120hz tv for you xbox unless that is too big.
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1081 posts
561 upvotes
zafi_g wrote: I am not knowledgeable about monitors, so would appreciate if someone could tell me if this is better or LG 27GL63T LG 27GL63T

I got LG 27GL63T for 270 when it was last on sale at Costco (had to get it urgently). I know its bigger, but for me 27" or 32" doesnt matter. I need it for WFH primarily and occasional gaming. Any input is appreciated :)
Depends if the 27" provides sufficient space for your wfh needs. Personally the $20 difference is prob worth it for the real estate plus a better ppi.
Feb 20, 2019
5 posts
Ordered the acer one through staples website and use the $25 off code, after two hours the order get cancelled....
May 24, 2007
542 posts
558 upvotes
Kelowna
sswilson wrote: Thanks, and yeah, I have my doubts that any of the purists would approve. :) Works amazing well for Pinball FX3 though.

That's a pretty impressive list of design elements / hardware / features. :) If you don't mind my asking... what did you end up sourcing for the spinner?
I picked up a used 3" Happ trackball off eBay for $45 shipped. The ball, case and rollers were in decent enough shape but the cabling was fraying and the bearings were almost completely seized. He was a nice guy and refunded me most of the cash back since it was pretty much unusable.

Ordered some new bearings and new cabling from GroovyGameGear in the US and since I was having to pay for shipping anyway I picked up their TurboTwist 2 spinner with the extra bottom weight. Works awesome and I can connect the spinner to my Happ trackball with the same USB encoder the spinner included to save some cash.

For my monitor mount I have an older Sanus tv mount that pretty much works like a ball joint giving near infinite positioning. The plan for now is to just spin it by hand with a few hard stops set up around it to keep it at 0⁰ or 90⁰ but I've seen some cool diy automated ones that I hope to make later.

A cheap diy option for having a rotating display is grabbing a fishing seat base (something like this) and making it fit your monitor. Since most monitors and tvs don't have their VESA holes in the direct center of the back, you can mount a piece of plywood (or metal if you have some) to the tv then have the holes and your swivel properly centered. You could even have the swivel connected directly to a traditional TV mount if you wanted.
Sep 19, 2017
861 posts
680 upvotes
Moncton
Hexxed wrote: Ordered some new bearings and new cabling from GroovyGameGear in the US and since I was having to pay for shipping anyway I picked up their TurboTwist 2 spinner with the extra bottom weight. Works awesome and I can connect the spinner to my Happ trackball with the same USB encoder the spinner included to save some cash.
That's really the only one that comes up as a viable solution these days. Can you confirm that it comes with a control board that allows it to connect to a USB port?
Mar 26, 2018
16 posts
15 upvotes
Mmagic888 wrote: Depends if the 27" provides sufficient space for your wfh needs. Personally the $20 difference is prob worth it for the real estate plus a better ppi.
Thank you! I will be getting this if its available at my local costco
May 24, 2007
542 posts
558 upvotes
Kelowna
sswilson wrote: That's really the only one that comes up as a viable solution these days. Can you confirm that it comes with a control board that allows it to connect to a USB port?
Yup. Comes with one nearly identical to their Opti-wiz board except there's a hard wired line to the spinner so you can smart share the x axis with a trackball. I just went with the default metal red top and it seems fine. I also opted for the mouse connector and picked up 3 white Happ buttons at the same time to correspond to left, middle and right click. Kind of fun to surf the net with a giant trackball and nice to have a mouse interface always available.

Since my particular setup needs to control 2 separate slabs with the trackball on 1 and the spinner on the other, both using the same usb board, I had to get creative with some cat6 keystones and cat6 cable but it's an easy setup for a regular control box. Totally plug and play and the only thing you'll likely need to do is adjust your mouse cursor speed.

I'll also likely throw a 3 way switch on my trackball box to change the spinner inputs from smart x (default) to y or z axis with the idea being that I could then use the spinner and trackball at the same time for 2 player driving games. It's actually fun to drive with a trackball, who knew?

The only thing I probably should have done was pick up the spinner steering wheel at the same time but I was having a cheap moment. If you order from there, be mindful of the shipping fees. More based on weight so some things like adding a steering wheel to my order would have increased my shipping costs alone by over $25 but adding a few cables or buttons only $1.
Sep 19, 2017
861 posts
680 upvotes
Moncton
Yeah, I'm on the fence when it comes to a spinner, There are a few games I'd like to play that seem to require it, I'll play with the settings a bit more, but so far trying to use the joystick isn't cutting it, but I haven't looked into whether or not it would work with a controller "stick" input, and if it does I may just harvest the guts of a logitech I've got kicking around the house.

Not completely sure I can justify the $120(ish) it would cost me to get a proper spinner delivered.
Jul 20, 2012
643 posts
155 upvotes
Air Force One
Willingdon Costco has 3 on the floor (5 on the computer) if anyone in Vancouver is looking for one