Hot Deals

[Costco] LG 32" QHD Monitor - $289.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 9:06 am
Dec 27, 2007
658 posts
465 upvotes
frugalcanuck wrote: My LG 32" just arrived and I've set it up. A few comments. The brightness is OK, not spectacular. It's good enough for WFH scenarios. The power cord has a 90 degree plug, so keep that in mind if your powerbar is tight on space. There is a power brick, but the power cord going to the outlet is a 90 degree plug. The cord isn't thick and is fairly pliable. Making a few adjustments and the text is pretty crisp. The settings are same across interfaces, so adjustments made are retained whether HDMI or DP input.

A couple of minor annoyances. The inputs aren't auto sensing. eg. I have 2 PC's plugged into the monitor, using DP and HDMI. If one is powered off, the display won't automatically switch to the other input if there is a signal. So annoyingly I have to manually switch the input. With this, there is only 1 button for settings interface and power. To change inputs I have to press the button to bring up the menu, select input option and then select DP or HDMI. Autosensing is so nice in comparison. If you're only using 1 input, then it's not an issue for you. Powering off the monitor requires pressing the 1 button for about 3 sec. Again minor annoyance. The button is on the back right of the monitor too. It'd be more convenient if there were buttons on the bottom bezel, but that's my personal preference.

For the price, it's a nice display giving you 32" QHD of real estate. It does only have a tilt feature to adjust the display but for my desk situation it's just fine.

5912EB6C-9F7C-467F-AA63-3D3A88A190FE.jpeg
I hate the power brick, so I went with Acer one. the color looks great on the default setting.
Oct 13, 2019
36 posts
21 upvotes
Just received mine today after receiving Acer's one last week! It has a much better stand than the Acer IMO, it's smaller and take less space on a desk. I used Acer Monitor mostly for coding and gaming, it's great but I won't keep it since the LG one has an extended warranty, is brighter and looks better overall on my desk(plus VESA Mounting is better on the LG)

Does anybody knows how to calibrate it to get the best experience possible(Im kindof a noob in monitor calibration)?
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4107 posts
9528 upvotes
Quebec
I'm about to buy this one: Pixio PX329 32" 165Hz WQHD 2560 x 1440
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pixio-PX329-32- ... 3984423069

Should I go with this one, or with OP one???

I play APEX....
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
Nov 7, 2013
786 posts
609 upvotes
Ottawa
Gloucester location has about 30 for anyone looking. Minus the one I just got in case Amazon neve ships the Viewsonic.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3374 posts
822 upvotes
aidendanger wrote: Gloucester location has about 30 for anyone looking. Minus the one I just got in case Amazon neve ships the Viewsonic.
I am waiting for the Dell one lol, they supposed to ship it on October 26, but my hopes are low.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6101 posts
1967 upvotes
Thornhill
poorwingman wrote: Do you pay cash for your monitors?

If you're using a credit card, why not use a credit card that has free additional warranty protection? I understand for bigger ticket stuff they will ask you to get a repair quote - but is the RMA process that much smoother if you sent it back to the manufacturer? And you're going to keep the boxes for 3-4 years in case you have to send it back?
I churn cards, so I don't keep them for more than 11 months. Paying $120/year for a credit card is not an answer either. And yes, I do keep boxes of high-value items like monitors for a few years. I break them down or use them for storage so they take either no space or being utilized.
Also, credit cards MAY use your home warranty in order to provide repair too. I know as I've recently dealt with a purchase that was under 1 year and went with the CC warranty.
RMA with some companies like Dell is very easy. For Amazon purchases you can also get extended warranty very cheap and it can cover RMA as they do it for you.
I often use voice typing and rarely read what I had typed...
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
3537 posts
664 upvotes
dazz wrote: I churn cards, so I don't keep them for more than 11 months. Paying $120/year for a credit card is not an answer either. And yes, I do keep boxes of high-value items like monitors for a few years. I break them down or use them for storage so they take either no space or being utilized.
Also, credit cards MAY use your home warranty in order to provide repair too. I know as I've recently dealt with a purchase that was under 1 year and went with the CC warranty.
RMA with some companies like Dell is very easy. For Amazon purchases you can also get extended warranty very cheap and it can cover RMA as they do it for you.
The free tangerine card has extended warranty. https://www.tangerine.ca/en/products/sp ... oney-back/.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6101 posts
1967 upvotes
Thornhill
isrdum wrote: I'm about to buy this one: Pixio PX329 32" 165Hz WQHD 2560 x 1440
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pixio-PX329-32- ... 3984423069

Should I go with this one, or with OP one???

I play APEX....
IMO I wouldn't touch it. I can bet the warranty will be a nightmare. OAC and many others are cheap brands that while use panels say from Samsung, LG,etc, they are assembled with a lot of cost cutting so monitors warp, have a lot of defects( quality control is a very expensive process). Or often those monitors are the same you can see on Ali express, just rebranded.
Also, find how you would ship the monitor if there's a defect or it needs to be returned. Some brands don't have any locations in Canada and you will have to spend your own money to ship to USA. Heck, Shipping a monitor for repair from say Quebec to Vancouver can cost you $300. A friend of mind had to ship his monitor from Toronto to Chicago for warranty and he paid over 250 many years ago.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6101 posts
1967 upvotes
Thornhill
poorwingman wrote: The free tangerine card has extended warranty. https://www.tangerine.ca/en/products/sp ... oney-back/.
Thanks, will look into it for an occasional purchase that only has 1 year warranty, but if I can buy one with 3 year, then it's way worth it , especially if I can get 10% back(off) with a credit card. Heck, it's still may be cheaper as you can use it to buy extended warranty to avoid the CC hassle.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18316 posts
6360 upvotes
Toronto
If you buy online can you price adjust in store for $10+tax?
Sep 19, 2017
904 posts
724 upvotes
Moncton
carmaster wrote: If you buy online can you price adjust in store for $10+tax?
I don't believe so. The difference in price between in-store and online typically won't even cover the shipping costs.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1091 posts
768 upvotes
Ottawa
Overall, I like the monitor. It "just works" straight out of the box. 1440P feels right and gives me lots of crisp resolutions and zooming sizes for different tasks.

I am waiting for the 32in curved Samsung that Costco had; deciding which of the two to keep once they are side-by-side. I had a curved 32in before and found it just "right" in terms of size but it had been 1080P - 32in flat feels just slightly too large BUT better than using two separate screens... especially for video calls on half the screen and documents under discussion on the other half.
Jun 8, 2007
813 posts
192 upvotes
Oshawa
So what is a recommended monitor for gaming. For my Son as Chirstmas'ish type present. Looking for a 32" hopefully $300ish... The Acer from Staples is 4ms. He is running an older AMD vid card although he wants to take my 2070 super which may well happen.
Recommendations are appreciated!
Sep 27, 2017
65 posts
127 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: How many monitors have you had fail within 3 years?
If they never fail, then the manufacturer should offer a 3 year warranty, since it won't cost them anything. Isn't it?