Hot Deals

[Costco] LG 3700 5.2 cu Front Load Washer 7.4cu Dryer Pair - Wifi Enabled, Graphite Steel

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2020 2:26 pm
[OP]
Nov 5, 2007
230 posts
64 upvotes

[Costco] LG 3700 5.2 cu Front Load Washer 7.4cu Dryer Pair - Wifi Enabled, Graphite Steel

I've been looking for a new washer dryer, and after reading nytimes and few other review, I went with one of the top picks LG 3700 series. I've been keeping my eye out for about 2 - 3 weeks now and they've been at $2200 ish for the pair everywhere, someone asked if it was good deal a while back during $200 gc bonus when spending $2000 at Costco, where I almost pull the trigger. Then I noticed that Home Depot has it on sale for $945, but with delivery, haul away, and potential installation, it came up to be almost the same as Costco

Now out of nowhere (I've been checking prices every other day) Costco had dropped their prices matching Home Depot, and there's no date on the expiry so I don't know if it's limited time or not, I was told back in summer this pair actually was down to 1700 ish but I can't find that price anywhere, this is the lowest I have seen these last few weeks, so yeah, thoughts? I think I'm gonna get it this time

Note that Costco includes delivery, haul away, basic installation as well as tube for washer, vent for dryer, where most other don't. Also "best" return policy
Last edited by stormsong on Oct 1st, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
106 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1264 posts
535 upvotes
Burnaby
Wondering if I should wait till black friday where potentially there could be rebates as well as sales... historically the rebates come out late October (in BC at least)
Nov 24, 2018
239 posts
143 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
anyone actually use the "wifi" function on washer/ fridge/ dishwasher/ ranges?
Can they actually do the laundry/ cook better?
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1086 posts
193 upvotes
I happen to own this set of Washer/Dryer at home, with one standard pedestal and the "Sidekick" washer.

They seem to work well enough. Once you link them to the LG ThinQ app, the washer will tell the dryer what to expect based on your wash selection. However, I do prefer tapping "more dry" once to essentially disable the moisture detection of the Dryer.

Outside of that, they have been pretty good.

I reversed the dryer door ... unfortunately, I can't get the doors to open towards each other since the washer door isn't reversible. THat's just due to the layout of my utilities ... so Dryer on the left, washer on the right.
If my post has helped you out, gimme a thumbs up! Buy/Sell/Trade with Confidence!

BST Feedback: 100% Positive on RFD, Heatware, eBay 50-0-0 (closed 2017-08-29), and I use to manage a AT&T Group Plan.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5180 posts
3434 upvotes
BertL67369 wrote: anyone actually use the "wifi" function on washer/ fridge/ dishwasher/ ranges?
Can they actually do the laundry/ cook better?
May be I don't get your question?

WiFi have absolutely nothing to do with "doing things better". It is just a feature that make you follow energy consumption, notifies you when a load is clean (for washer / dishwasher, dryer), can connect with LG for diagnosis in case of issues / failuer, reminds you to run a wash tub cycle, can download cycles to the machine, etc...
Apr 21, 2020
64 posts
37 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
my maytag washer & dryer is crapping out on me, been looking at a new pair too, thanks OP
Mar 25, 2009
895 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if those $300 rebates we had last year are coming back any time soon?
Dec 30, 2017
34 posts
19 upvotes
I actually love the wifi feature. You can download custom cycles and start the washer remotely.
Nov 24, 2018
239 posts
143 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Sky432 wrote: I actually love the wifi feature. You can download custom cycles and start the washer remotely.
i found these "wifi" feature is just a "gimick" feature for marketing.
As well, please don't start the laundry this way, I and a friend of mine, both had water leak, due to some small garment stuck at the door, when the washer is fill, water just gush out. The garment is just a small lace from the hoodies.
It's better if they actually has "pinch sensor" and stop the cycle if it detect leaks.
===========
Nov 24, 2018
239 posts
143 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
DoorCrasher wrote: May be I don't get your question?

WiFi have absolutely nothing to do with "doing things better". It is just a feature that make you follow energy consumption, notifies you when a load is clean (for washer / dishwasher, dryer), can connect with LG for diagnosis in case of issues / failuer, reminds you to run a wash tub cycle, can download cycles to the machine, etc...
LOL, so your point is, with wifi, enable, your household duty will be better. Being notified when its done, and being connected to update the cycle to the latest "washing cycle" known to mankind for freshest/ cleaning load.
HAHAHa..
===========
Apr 5, 2018
76 posts
67 upvotes
I'm doing research as well - and LG was considered the best for laundry. At this price - pretty good.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2156 posts
804 upvotes
Edmonton
If you are considering these, pop for the white glove delivery as well. Worth every cent IMHO
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2653 posts
1447 upvotes
Victoria
Why the downvotes? This is a good deal. Priced the same as the lower 3500 model, which my parents just bought and I was considering, but now will grab this 3700 model instead. Thx OP!
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1118 posts
1089 upvotes
West GTA
This is a quite good washer and dryer. I got the Electrolux system which is also excellent, but this was my second choice.