[Costco] LG 55” OLED CX Series - $1889

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 7:15 pm
Jan 18, 2005
265 posts
53 upvotes
Waterloo
On a different note,

Anyone managed to get the Magic Remote to control the Rogers Ignite Xi6-A box?

When I try to go through the Universal Remove setup and set my location "Ignite TV" is an option in the list of services. But if I choose that on the last screen for the remote setup I just get a "A temporary issue has occurred. Please try again later". No problems with Internet connectivity. TV has full access to the internet with no ports being blocked.

I'm trying to get a definitive answer on this as I see some threads that say it doesn't work, some say it does and others say it does except for the guide button.
Jan 11, 2019
44 posts
69 upvotes
pughball1 wrote: I’m hoping someone in here can point me in the right direction.

Got the 65cx. Watching football with it on DAZN is horrific. The motion blur is literally unwatchable. What setting so I need to fix for this?

Thanks

This may help, you need to stop the TV from auto adjusting the picture settings and always avoid APS

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions ... hdr-notes/
Oct 5, 2007
25 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Mine was order Dec.23, first update on Dec.29 says "pickup from customer", then updated Jan.4 with "Arrived at Terminal" in Toronto. Original schedule delivery was for Jan.5 and now there's nothing......
Jul 15, 2005
186 posts
87 upvotes
Scarborough
There is a discount for teachers in Ontario for purchases made at the brick, using your edvantage (union) discount. I have a quote given from them that the 65" LGCXOLED is $2600 with free shipping.

I didn't ask about the 55" but I imagine you can get a discount off their base price of $1998. I generally prefer Costco for such large purchases but I thought it was worth mentioning. Sorry that this is targeted for teachers only, but maybe you know a friend or family member who is a teacher and is willing to help you out.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3635 posts
1837 upvotes
GTA
Proteinz wrote: There is a discount for teachers in Ontario for purchases made at the brick, using your edvantage (union) discount. I have a quote given from them that the 65" LGCXOLED is $2600 with free shipping.

I didn't ask about the 55" but I imagine you can get a discount off their base price of $1998. I generally prefer Costco for such large purchases but I thought it was worth mentioning. Sorry that this is targeted for teachers only, but maybe you know a friend or family member who is a teacher and is willing to help you out.
Just an FYI, you can get it for $2600 if you call around local stores. Just got it a few days ago :)
Jul 15, 2005
186 posts
87 upvotes
Scarborough
ADRiiAN` wrote: Just an FYI, you can get it for $2600 if you call around local stores. Just got it a few days ago :)
No kidding! Thanks for heads up
Sep 1, 2018
151 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
For the comments about burn-in, they have settings in the menu and settings in the background that automatically prevent burn for quite a few years now. For more detail: https://www.lg.com/us/experience-tvs/ol ... eliability

I have B8 model and i've never had a burn in issue nor do I even worry about it.
4790k @ 4.6GHZ | Noctua NH-D14 | 16GB (2x8gb) DDR3 @ CL9 | Asrock Z97 OC Formula | GTX 1080 ti | AW3420DW | Klipsch 2.1 Promedia | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo & 5TB WD Black | Seasonic 760wt Platinum | Corsair 300R | Win 10
Jun 2, 2010
42 posts
7 upvotes
N/A
I ordered mine on Boxing Day and it arrived today. I'm on Vancouver Island. It took as long as I expected when I saw that it was picked up by Canpar in Toronto on Dec. 29.
Dec 24, 2017
225 posts
223 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: Not many changes in new C1 model announced today. G1 get Evo panel which is brighter. A big relief with my new 65" CX in shipping right now.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/lg-unveil ... t-ces-2021
The G line is also considerably more expensive to boot. This year it will probably be even more expensive because the cooling technology they built into the panel. I was also relieved as I just got my 55" yesterday aswell from the ebay deal $1804 all in. Very semi worried about the shipping but no problems at all, Zero banding and really nice uniformity.I obviously don't have an extended warranty but I'll take the risk for a roughly $450 savings.
Jun 4, 2012
712 posts
250 upvotes
Calgary
Alexdubzz wrote: The G line is also considerably more expensive to boot. This year it will probably be even more expensive because the cooling technology they built into the panel. I was also relieved as I just got my 55" yesterday aswell from the ebay deal $1804 all in. Very semi worried about the shipping but no problems at all, Zero banding and really nice uniformity.I obviously don't have an extended warranty but I'll take the risk for a roughly $450 savings.
Lg does offer extended warranty within the first year of ownership. Just an FYI
Nov 21, 2007
121 posts
81 upvotes
Oakville
ADRiiAN` wrote: Just an FYI, you can get it for $2600 if you call around local stores. Just got it a few days ago :)
Could you share which store?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3563 posts
3566 upvotes
Alberta
Alexdubzz wrote:
The G line is also considerably more expensive to boot. This year it will probably be even more expensive because the cooling technology they built into the panel. I was also relieved as I just got my 55" yesterday aswell from the ebay deal $1804 all in. Very semi worried about the shipping but no problems at all, Zero banding and really nice uniformity.I obviously don't have an extended warranty but I'll take the risk for a roughly $450 savings.
My 65" CX from eBay black Friday deal is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. $2393.49 all in was a deal I couldn't refuse. I think CX deals will be even more desirable with the launch of the C1. It was a gamble, but I think it paid off.
Jun 30, 2015
53 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anybody that order near end of December still waiting for their order to deliver?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2334 posts
782 upvotes
Mississauga
Lush78 wrote: Not many changes in new C1 model announced today. G1 get Evo panel which is brighter. A big relief with my new 65" CX in shipping right now.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/lg-unveil ... t-ces-2021
Eagerly waiting the G1 pricing.. I did hear back in Oct that they would be brighter as Panasonic had a achieved a brighter output using LG panels.. so then decided to hold off.. I've waiting this long.. so hoping they stick to the April/May release and dont increase the price too too much for the 77"..

Also the C1 will be be the only one coming out in now .... wait for it ... 83" !!! find it odd that they did not reserve 83" for the G1.. oh well.
Dec 24, 2017
225 posts
223 upvotes
Lush78 wrote:
My 65" CX from eBay black Friday deal is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. $2393.49 all in was a deal I couldn't refuse. I think CX deals will be even more desirable with the launch of the C1. It was a gamble, but I think it paid off.
GL with your panel, I'm guessing that we bought off the same vendor. Wish I could have afforded the 65". I must say though that the LG stand is a total POS. The holes were a tiny bit off on mine which is supposedly a really common problem. Aparantly if you call lg they will send you a new one for free. I'm going to replace mine with one that swivels anyways, kinda surprising silly that it doesn't imop. Not sure what lg was thinking was thinking here considering pretty much all soundbars won't fit in front of it.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3563 posts
3566 upvotes
Alberta
Alexdubzz wrote: GL with your panel, I'm guessing that we bought off the same vendor. Wish I could have afforded the 65". I must say though that the LG stand is a total POS. The holes were a tiny bit off on mine which is supposedly a really common problem. Aparantly if you call lg they will send you a new one for free. I'm going to replace mine with one that swivels anyways, kinda surprising silly that it doesn't imop. Not sure what lg was thinking was thinking here considering pretty much all soundbars won't fit in front of it.
I'm replacing my 65" C7 that is wall mounted, so it will be a straight swap. The G1 is the only big upgrade this year that I can see, but I'm not sure it'll be worth the price increase for my use in a dark room. Mine is mounted above a fireplace, so the mount is already recessed, therefore the G1 gallery mounting is not required in my case. This CX is also just replacing a C7 with burn in, so I'm not investing into the longevity of the technology, otherwise I would have went bigger.
Oct 27, 2008
309 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Lush78 wrote: I'm replacing my 65" C7 that is wall mounted, so it will be a straight swap. The G1 is the only big upgrade this year that I can see, but I'm not sure it'll be worth the price increase for my use in a dark room. Mine is mounted above a fireplace, so the mount is already recessed, therefore the G1 gallery mounting is not required in my case. This CX is also just replacing a C7 with burn in, so I'm not investing into the longevity of the technology, otherwise I would have went bigger.
How long did you have the C7? I'm looking at the G1 and concerned about the longevity of these TVs
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3563 posts
3566 upvotes
Alberta
jontymisra wrote: How long did you have the C7? I'm looking at the G1 and concerned about the longevity of these TVs
Bought 3 years ago new. Christmas eve 2017.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

2car2car