[Costco] LG 55” OLED CX Series - $1889

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 7:15 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3563 posts
3566 upvotes
Alberta
jontymisra wrote: Damn thats a pretty short life span.
Yeah. Burn in/degradation is biggest problem with OLED. The newer models have built in mitigation now though that I hope will increase the lifespan . It's a shame you need to police your viewing with this technology, but the competition doesn't meet the my standard now after owning OLED. So I will dispose and replace until something better comes along. Thats why I didn't upgrade the size for the price difference. Plus I always move main TV into bedroom when upgrading, and the 65 in my bedroom now is the biggest size that will fit properly.
Aug 21, 2013
178 posts
113 upvotes
Is ABL still an issue when watching bright/white screens, such as hockey?

It was horrible on early models, wondering if it's still the same bullshit.
Jun 17, 2009
26 posts
7 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: I'm replacing my 65" C7 that is wall mounted, so it will be a straight swap. The G1 is the only big upgrade this year that I can see, but I'm not sure it'll be worth the price increase for my use in a dark room. Mine is mounted above a fireplace, so the mount is already recessed, therefore the G1 gallery mounting is not required in my case. This CX is also just replacing a C7 with burn in, so I'm not investing into the longevity of the technology, otherwise I would have went bigger.
What type of content did you typically watch on your C7? How many hours do you have on it?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2334 posts
782 upvotes
Mississauga
Wondering if Sony was just testing the water on what not including VRR would entail.. and then did an about face when they saw the backlash.. kinda like a "Oh so this will get us in deep @$$##".
some videos say the PS5 connected to the sony TV does some form of VRR even though VRR has not been officially released.. its not the VRR everyone is lookin for but its kinda like a "sony VRR"
May 13, 2010
9 posts
3 upvotes
uhdimzy wrote: Anybody that order near end of December still waiting for their order to deliver?
i ordered on the 30th and am still in 'order processing'
Dec 10, 2010
208 posts
117 upvotes
Jakumi wrote: i ordered on the 30th and am still in 'order processing'
I ordered the 65 inch on December 23, 2020 and still under order received...
May 13, 2010
9 posts
3 upvotes
tianos wrote: I ordered the 65 inch on December 23, 2020 and still under order received...
ouch; i just got off a call with costco CS and they said that they were just finishing off orders placed on the 29th (didn't know there were any that came out then) and are now working on orders placed on the 30th, so ship confirmation should be sent out within a day or two...

this is for the 55" though, so maybe you should try giving them a call
Dec 10, 2010
208 posts
117 upvotes
Jakumi wrote: ouch; i just got off a call with costco CS and they said that they were just finishing off orders placed on the 29th (didn't know there were any that came out then) and are now working on orders placed on the 30th, so ship confirmation should be sent out within a day or two...

Yeah I called them yesterday and they said hopefully by end of week for the 65 inch.. Hopefully that changes.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1096 posts
762 upvotes
I have been using LG B7 from summer of 2017 and its running fine. No burn ins - nothing I can see. I used the TV for netflix, prime video, gaming. No traditional tv channels. Quite happy with it and no intention of replacing it anytime soon. Hoping I can get another couple of years out of it.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
3263 posts
433 upvotes
Mississauga
Ok so.my 65 showed up and is in the box lol

How do I watch 4k leafs tonight? I have sat service as fibe not available. Can I load the bell app on the TV and mirror?

Coming from a sharp aqous
Jun 30, 2015
53 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jakumi wrote: ouch; i just got off a call with costco CS and they said that they were just finishing off orders placed on the 29th (didn't know there were any that came out then) and are now working on orders placed on the 30th, so ship confirmation should be sent out within a day or two...

Got my 55” ordered on dec 29 delivered today
Dec 10, 2010
208 posts
117 upvotes
dreaderus wrote: Ok so.my 65 showed up and is in the box lol

How do I watch 4k leafs tonight? I have sat service as fibe not available. Can I load the bell app on the TV and mirror?

Coming from a sharp aqous
When did you order?

yes, you should be able to airplay or chromecast as both are enabled in the CX?
Aug 24, 2009
567 posts
166 upvotes
4K Leafs/hockey doesn’t look much better than 720p on my 75x900f with Rogers at 8 feet, so don’t get too excited about it. Enjoy the tv though!
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
3263 posts
433 upvotes
Mississauga
tianos wrote: When did you order?

yes, you should be able to airplay or chromecast as both are enabled in the CX?
Do I have to buy a chromecast for it?
Jan 25, 2007
334 posts
146 upvotes
Whitby
CadillacJack wrote: 4K Leafs/hockey doesn’t look much better than 720p on my 75x900f with Rogers at 8 feet, so don’t get too excited about it. Enjoy the tv though!
If it’s actually 4K it looks great, but a lot of time it’s just upcoverted on the 4K channel which is meh. Tonight’s game is broadcast in 4K or at least close to it. There is a difference.

Jay games from Rogers Centre are also broadcast 4K and look sweet too.

I’m watching on a 75” q80r from about the same distance.

It’s not going to change your life but it does look better.
Last edited by superotaku78 on Jan 13th, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3876 posts
1499 upvotes
superotaku78 wrote: If it’s actually 4K it looks great, but a lot of time it’s just unconverted on the 4K channel which is meh. Tonight’s game is broadcast in 4K or at least close to it. There is a difference.

Jay games from Rogers Centre are also broadcast 4K and look sweet too.

I’m watching on a 75” q80r from about the same distance.

It’s not going to change your life but it does look better.
The World Jr's looked really good on TSN4k

Leafs game looks better than regular broadcast so far

When they zoom in you can really notice it
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
3588 posts
1459 upvotes
Grimsby
Lush78 wrote: Not many changes in new C1 model announced today. G1 get Evo panel which is brighter. A big relief with my new 65" CX in shipping right now.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/lg-unveil ... t-ces-2021
I'm liking the additions of the 42" and 83" sizes.

The brightness on the G1 is interesting. I have the GX in a bright room and really haven't had any complaints or issues with brightness. Improvements are always nice to see though.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

2car2car