Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

LG 55" OLED B8 $1300 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2019 8:57 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
3130 posts
655 upvotes
Mississauga
Jimboski wrote: Yeah i made calls beforehand and had to travel 1 hour each way to get the TV. It was the right decision because it's as you said, if there is stock now then everyone is going to be rushing for it. Also if the price does drop in another sale then i can just price adjust, win win in all scenarios.

I wonder, what does deletion mean? Does it mean they're going to sell all the units they can with a sale and then send the unsold units back to LG?
Deletion is the term they use when they're no longer carrying an item. That is, once stock is gone, it's gone.

At $1299, I would've jumped but just had no way to get there. At $1499, I'm less inclined.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
adrianf74 wrote: Deletion is the term they use when they're no longer carrying an item. That is, once stock is gone, it's gone.

At $1299, I would've jumped but just had no way to get there. At $1499, I'm less inclined.
Yeah factoring regular prices, more than double the price of a TCL 6 Series 55" $720 @ Costco, i'd get the TCL no questions asked.
Jan 5, 2015
70 posts
163 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Replaced the tv. The picture is just incredible, tested MSeries and samsung Nu8000, cant get close this tv out of the box.
Jul 26, 2019
6 posts
22 upvotes
If anyone is looking for a 65" OLED TV, London Drugs has the B8 for $1999.99. I just picked one up.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
Almirb wrote: Replaced the tv. The picture is just incredible, tested MSeries and samsung Nu8000, cant get close this tv out of the box.
Yeah had an M series 55", so happy returned and got this instead.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5769 posts
3266 upvotes
Is this TV available in Overlea Blvd (East York) COSTCO? I want to buy this TV
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
3130 posts
655 upvotes
Mississauga
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Is this TV available in Overlea Blvd (East York) COSTCO? I want to buy this TV
NO. NO GTA stock as I posted a few days back. The day after the sale ended (Friday), St. Catharines still had (3) boxes at $1500 each.
Nov 11, 2014
32 posts
54 upvotes
Anybody find any good or different "white balance" and "color management" calibration settings? The only one I could find was the Rtings one found here. - https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/b8-oled/settings

Also a warning if you update to the 05.xx.xx firmware (that is firmware starting with 05.) you can no longer revert to older firmware versions.
04.xx.xx firmware versions can still revert to other versions but once you update to 05.xx.xx you can't anymore.

What date TV did you guys get. I received a set with a 01/2019 manufacture date/ made in Mexico. You can find it on the label on the back of the TV.
Aug 11, 2004
721 posts
63 upvotes
Etobicoke (Central)
techie101 wrote: Not exactly. The C8 uses the A9 processor, and the B8 uses the A7 processor (from 2017). The picture quality for the C8 is better in greys/light blacks with no noise and when up scaling 1080p, and is also capable of brighter picture quality. As someone mentioned, it can't do the 120hz with HDR, u will sometimes get some ghosting when something fast is moving. Is it worth the $500-$1000 price difference? That's totally up to you, but if u want the best then by all means go with the C8.

How do i know all this? Because i bought a B8 last month from Bestbuy @ $1500 (but i negotiated for them to include a 4 year warranty with Bestbuy because it was open box). In retrospect, if i'm spending over $1500 for something i'm gonna keep for years on end, I should've dropped the extra $500ish to get the C8 and enjoy near-perfect quality as opposed to great picture quality. At the time, $1500 was never before seen, so i jumped on it! But here we are a month later and i see a lot of them selling for even under $1500.

Whether you decide on the B8 or the C8, OLED is without a doubt the pinnacle of vivid, vibrant, and accurate colors on modern TVs. So that B8 is better than the vast majority of TV sets out there, and for $1300 NEW it's a great price.
But now that the C9 is out it means the C8 is TRASH! But seriously there will always be something better, just be happy you got a fantastic TV at a great price.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2416 posts
363 upvotes
NB
I’m really hoping this comes back on sale or clearance.
Jan 2, 2015
744 posts
902 upvotes
Montréal area
Just to let you know, Costco Terrebonne (Montée des pionniers), demo on sale for 1100$.
Almost had a heart attack when I saw "1099", but it's for the demo only. No other box in stock.
Dec 20, 2005
107 posts
9 upvotes
Got one in St Catherine's today 1189, there was 1 left + display.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2416 posts
363 upvotes
NB
Hoosier Daddy wrote: Got one in St Catherine's today 1189, there was 1 left + display.
What were the last two digits in the price? Was it .97? I want to know if it’s a local or a national sale.

Thanks
Jan 2, 2015
744 posts
902 upvotes
Montréal area
FYI, Trois-Riviere, Qc : 1 demo + 1 new in box (I called).
Too far away from my house but maybe someone will be happy :)
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2416 posts
363 upvotes
NB
secretliar wrote: FYI, Trois-Riviere, Qc : 1 demo + 1 new in box (I called).
Too far away from my house but maybe someone will be happy :)
Did you ask about the price?
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1990 posts
1047 upvotes
Winnipeg
Jimboski wrote: $1100 just for the TV, no warranty? I'd be very weary, might have some burn in.
It's actually spelled "wary". Weary means to be tired.
Lorenzo