• Oct 24th, 2021 9:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5928 posts
3074 upvotes
Ottawa

[Costco] LG 65 in. Smart 4K OLED TV OLED65C1 For New price $2597.99 online

I don’t know what’s going on ? Costco keeps changing the price. I hope BF this tv has a ATL price, but I’m not going to return this TV again, period.

Today is the last day to take advantage $350 voucher with $3000 purchase.
Sorry Costco ,you rejected $100 price adjustment with my 40 days purchase, I have to return this TV TWICE.

How it works:

Add eligible items worth $3,000 or more to your cart.
At check out, enter promo code "THANKYOU350" in the "Apply Promo Code" field.
Promo code is applied successfully when “Discount on Order of $0.01 appears below “Order Total”.
Within 2-5 business days from the date the complete Costco.ca order has shipped, you will receive an email with your online voucher.

Aug 30, I exchanged a new C1 in store, I feel this C1 is different from my 2 months old one. When I first setup, the google assistant works on the remote. My old C1 never worked I talked to LG support, they had no idea. I though google assistant is not supported in Canada. I was wrong. If you found the google assistant not working , go to Costco to get exchanged. I was so dumb.

I found the menu a little bit different with old C1, this new one has more functions, maybe they are different panels.

Aug 27 Update, it’s new price now, buy buy buy.

I always watch LG CX price , but it’s never get lower price except discontinued. But for New Gen C1 just couple hundred dollars more . I pulled the trigger. If you have black membership card you can get another 2% CB and another around 1% MasterCard CB which depends on which card . Warehouse $10 less.

Update Jul 19: Oh yeah , got the refund $226. The best value ever $226+$200 Voucher. $2797.99 +tax -$200+ $100 5 years warranty. Nothing can’t beat this for a brand new gen pled TV.
Images
  • CF55D7AA-7781-4F2B-8521-7DCA63B24EF0.png
Last edited by sonyHdr12 on Oct 22nd, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
497 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21454 posts
25854 upvotes
Honestly, not terrible given the fact that the warranty is gold plated.

The Costco from Idiocracy isn't far from the truth.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5928 posts
3074 upvotes
Ottawa
It’s not a deal? Or too expensive?
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21454 posts
25854 upvotes
sonyHdr12 wrote: It’s not a deal? Or too expensive?
It's something. Like I say, Costco-like warranty is a few hundred dollars elsewhere.

The gift card helps.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4443 posts
4631 upvotes
GTA
You get an additional year of warranty for free. I'd say that's a deal. And an additional 3 years of warranty for a pretty reasonable price (I think this varies between TV's - for example my 55" CX would be $99).

So that's 1 year manufacturer + 1 year Costco bonus + 3 year Costco optional.

edit: the pricing structure is $30 for under $500, $60 for $500-1000, and $100 for $1000+
Last edited by derass on Jun 21st, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 11, 2010
252 posts
55 upvotes
derass wrote: You get an additional year of warranty for free. I'd say that's a deal. And an additional 3 years of warranty for a pretty reasonable price (I think this varies between TV's - for example my 55" CX would be $99).

So that's 1 year manufacturer + 1 year Costco bonus + 3 year Costco optional.
Is the extended Costco warranty a good idea?
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4443 posts
4631 upvotes
GTA
kodiaktfc wrote: Is the extended Costco warranty a good idea?
I'm not sure. I just bought my TV from them, and am still deciding. You have 90 days from the date of purchase to purchase the optional warranty.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5928 posts
3074 upvotes
Ottawa
kodiaktfc wrote: Is the extended Costco warranty a good idea?
Must be.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Mar 15, 2021
18 posts
3 upvotes
So tempted to pull the trigger.. been shopping around for the previous gen CX but appears to be sold out in most places.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1124 posts
1559 upvotes
Costco warranties are amazing. It is when it becomes Assurion after the third year it becomes iffy. I still feel it is better than other extended warranty plans.

As for price, LG heavily discounts OLED's in a specific pattern year over year over year. November and thrn again February. So if you don't really NEED it now, hold off until their price drop. I tracked their price drops from the B6/C6 all the way to the CX. There was a decent drop in September and then two ish weeks before black friday november.

They then rise back up in december and january and then see drops again in February, but by then stock is much more limited and hard to find at stores, warehouses or at Amazon.ca or Costco.ca types of sites.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5719 posts
634 upvotes
Markham
Harold91 wrote: Costco warranties are amazing. It is when it becomes Assurion after the third year it becomes iffy. I still feel it is better than other extended warranty plans.

As for price, LG heavily discounts OLED's in a specific pattern year over year over year. November and thrn again February. So if you don't really NEED it now, hold off until their price drop. I tracked their price drops from the B6/C6 all the way to the CX. There was a decent drop in September and then two ish weeks before black friday november.

They then rise back up in december and january and then see drops again in February, but by then stock is much more limited and hard to find at stores, warehouses or at Amazon.ca or Costco.ca types of sites.
that may be, but if you look you can get good deals now...case in point visions was offering great pricing last week for the 16th and 17th...almost historic lows for all levels of C1 series...believe the 55 inch was 1825 and the 77nch was under 4k...didnt see 65 inch pricing but i want to say it was probably better than costcos offering
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5928 posts
3074 upvotes
Ottawa
Harold91 wrote: Costco warranties are amazing. It is when it becomes Assurion after the third year it becomes iffy. I still feel it is better than other extended warranty plans.

Good to know, if the price is dropped in Sep, I could return C1 to get it lower price. I think I still can keep the bonus card.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Oct 24, 2019
220 posts
277 upvotes
Tjklovesthisplace wrote: Depends how long u plan to keep the tv
Is this a real question? I keep TV's until they die or do not fit the room they are moved to. Do people really just plan to keep a TV for only a couple years and change them out?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1124 posts
1559 upvotes
adeel wrote: that may be, but if you look you can get good deals now...case in point visions was offering great pricing last week for the 16th and 17th...almost historic lows for all levels of C1 series...believe the 55 inch was 1825 and the 77nch was under 4k...didnt see 65 inch pricing but i want to say it was probably better than costcos offering
Maybe. After February, I think it becomes store specific on how they want to clear out for further stock. I am just saying it because the last 5 years of OLED has had specific drops in a set pattern by LG. Summer can see some discount here or there, but just google it. September has had random drops, but it is November and then again February where it is almost mandated by LG.

I can't get the CX from 3camel, but here is the 65" BX price drop from introduction.

LGOLED.png
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5719 posts
634 upvotes
Markham
Harold91 wrote: Maybe. After February, I think it becomes store specific on how they want to clear out for further stock. I am just saying it because the last 5 years of OLED has had specific drops in a set pattern by LG. Summer can see some discount here or there, but just google it. September has had random drops, but it is November and then again February where it is almost mandated by LG.

I can't get the CX from 3camel, but here is the 65" BX price drop from introduction.

LGOLED.png
keep in mind that by december, you are 6 months into the model year, and feb is almost time for the next yr model to come out...rather spend a bit more and get the newest model for longer in my mind unless you are ok getting a few model years back of the current one
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5306 posts
5470 upvotes
Vancouver
So is this only for online purchase and ship to home? And is the $200 coupon only for online purchase?
May 29, 2007
271 posts
61 upvotes
Is this executive members only, it doesn't work for me, it removes 0,02 $ from a 1700 $ tv
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6434 posts
804 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Honestly, not terrible given the fact that the warranty is gold plated.

The Costco from Idiocracy isn't far from the truth.
Am I right that Costco’s extended warranty doesn’t cover burn in? Where Best Buy’s does?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)