Costco

LG 65 in. Smart 4K OLED TV OLED65C1 For New price $2697.99 online

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2021 9:46 pm
Oct 12, 2011
502 posts
357 upvotes
CARP
Has anyone been able to negotiate a lower price for the Geek Squad warranty that covers burn in?
Aug 21, 2013
200 posts
131 upvotes
Harold91 wrote: ABL is and will always be around on OLED. Though it is not as aggressive as it used to be. Plus, you can get the G1/Sony A90J panel which has more brightness.

But every modern television dims in predominately white screens. Especially at above 10%, 25%, 50% windows. The nits/brightness just doesn't sustain for long periods of time, but because LED are inherently brighter, you don't notice it as much.
There's an LG model that has a G1/Sony A90J panel? Do tell which one.

I have a Quantum Dot that is bright as hell, handles bright white amazingly well, but I always said the LG OLED was the best TV I've ever had, if ABL was not a thing.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21141 posts
25099 upvotes
Brewsky wrote: There's an LG model that has a G1/Sony A90J panel? Do tell which one.

I have a Quantum Dot that is bright as hell, handles bright white amazingly well, but I always said the LG OLED was the best TV I've ever had, if ABL was not a thing.
For very bright rooms, and if you don't care too much about perfect blacks, a very good QLED panel is an excellent choice.

Generally speaking though, in most settings, most people will prefer an OLED, all else equal.

It's the fantastically bright QLEDs in fully illuminated Toronto family rooms (windows everywhere), that rival OLEDs on brightness.

The C1 and G1 brightness levels are a sight though, and IMO, the C1 is highly affordable compared to equivalent quality QLEDs.
Jun 26, 2012
337 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto
ImpKnight wrote: Has anyone been able to negotiate a lower price for the Geek Squad warranty that covers burn in?
Same question here

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)