Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

LG 65B7 OLED clearance $2299.97 [YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2018 10:12 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7479 posts
1467 upvotes
Ottawa

[Costco] LG 65B7 OLED clearance $2299.97 [YMMV]

I was in Costco Kanata this morning, and saw the LG 65 OLED B7 model for $2299.97. There is only one new in box and one on display when I saw it (not sure if there is any stock hidden, didn't check), I bought the one in box. Since the price ends with 97, it is likely a clearance price that applicable to other stores (if it ends with 98, it would be store specific). Anyway, I would not know the stock/price in other stores and the only way to find out is to post here and other RFDers give the input here, so this is YMMV, please don't downvote because you can't find stock.

Now I have to decide whether to keep this OLED at $2300+tax or my Vizio P65 for $1250+tax, you are welcome to comments.
Last edited by rivet on Dec 29th, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
44 replies
Oct 6, 2018
589 posts
1082 upvotes
rivet wrote: Now I have to decide whether to keep this OLED at $2300+tax or my Vizio P65 for $1250+tax, you are welcome to comments.
Keep the LG since that's a good price.
Mar 21, 2016
373 posts
213 upvotes
Yvr
Now I have to decide whether to keep this OLED at $2300+tax or my Vizio P65 for $1250+tax, you are welcome to comments.[/quote]

Oled anytime of the day. It’s not easy to resell a tv down the road, if you change your mind a year later, so get something better now and of coz something you can afford.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7813 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
rivet wrote: I was in Costco Kanata this morning, and saw the LG 65 OLED B7 model for $2299.97. There is only one new in box and one on display when I saw it (not sure if there is any stock hidden, didn't check), I bought the one in box. Since the price ends with 97, it is likely a clearance price that applicable to other stores (if it ends with 98, it would be store specific). Anyway, I would not know the stock/price in other stores and the only way to find out is to post here and other RFDers give the input here, so this is YMMV, please don't downvote because you can't find stock.

Now I have to decide whether to keep this OLED at $2300+tax or my Vizio P65 for $1250+tax, you are welcome to comments.
OLED all day, every day unless you have children/elderly at home who are going to abuse the set. I won't lie, I do get nervous with my mother-in-law at home streaming BBC all day.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1450 posts
1346 upvotes
Oakville
KEEP IT!

I bought the same TV for $2399 which, up until now, was the lowest price for the B7 reported thus far. Not worth the $300-400 difference for the C8. It is an awesome TV. PQ is great, so much so it’s even wife approved.
Nov 17, 2013
979 posts
196 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Have you compared them side by side? The vizio P series impressed me a lot but the oled sets take my breath away. Hard decision $$ vs pq. Let us know any comparisons you do.
rivet wrote: Now I have to decide whether to keep this OLED at $2300+tax or my Vizio P65 for $1250+tax, you are welcome to comments.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7813 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
LOOSEWHEEL wrote: KEEP IT!

I bought the same TV for $2399 which, up until now, was the lowest price for the B7 reported thus far. Not worth the $300-400 difference for the C8. It is an awesome TV. PQ is great, so much so it’s even wife approved.
This. Planet Earth II had her literally stop and say "oh my God".
Nov 17, 2013
979 posts
196 upvotes
WINNIPEG
What is there to worry about? Burn in issues? How can the set be harmed by streaming?
unshavenyak wrote: OLED all day, every day unless you have children/elderly at home who are going to abuse the set. I won't lie, I do get nervous with my mother-in-law at home streaming BBC all day.
Jan 4, 2004
524 posts
107 upvotes
Surrey
Any west coast sightings?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7479 posts
1467 upvotes
Ottawa
Where do you watch Planet Earth II? Netflix 4k?
unshavenyak wrote: This. Planet Earth II had her literally stop and say "oh my God".
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1450 posts
1346 upvotes
Oakville
rivet wrote: Where do you watch Planet Earth II? Netflix 4k?
Yes, Netflix has PE II in 4K.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7813 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
vrredflag wrote: What is there to worry about? Burn in issues? How can the set be harmed by streaming?
Yes, they can suffer from image retention and burn-in. It's not as bad as plasmas, but there are documented cases and the Costco warranty explicitly does not cover it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7813 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
rivet wrote: Where do you watch Planet Earth II? Netflix 4k?
Netflix has it, but I bought the blu-rays to support the Beeb.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
1075 posts
668 upvotes
This price drop seems pretty hawt, in respect to the upper tier panels market.
I am more of a middle tier tv consumer (Vizio M or P series meets my satisfaction). I need 4K with HDR10/Dolby Vision, so I would never buy those bargain RCA or Hisense models at walmart, but cant justify a 65" tv anywhere around $2000+.
Seeing great performing large screen 4k HDR10/dv panels for under $1500 is the right price point for me.
I dont wanna know what I'm missing without OLED.

Crossing my fingers for a Vizio P75 under $1500 eventually. I can wait.
May 1, 2007
26 posts
1 upvote
etobicoke
I strongly suggest you get an extended warranty from Costco. When the panel goes bad and you are out of warranty you're at LGs mercy and if unsuccessful then the TV goes in the garbage. There is a greater risk of problems when going OLED but the picture quality is unsurpassed.
Nov 17, 2017
38 posts
59 upvotes
The risks of OLED burn in are grossly over stated. If you've bought an OLED to watch CNN or other channel running a ticker on the bottom of the screen all day long you could've saved a bunch cash and bought a cheap non-OLED... it doesn't even matter which one. The same malarkey circulated with plasma sets years ago. Turn the OLED off "Vivid" and at a minimum adjust the OLED light, brightness and contrast to actual user levels and you're good to go.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
Great find OP. Even though it’s the 2017 model, $2,300 for a 65” OLED is awesome. Unfortunately Costco clearance prices aren’t good indicators of future pricing trends but for those that can snag one, congrats! It’d be great to see the newer models coming down to this price!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7479 posts
1467 upvotes
Ottawa
I did some comparison side by side, honestly, Blue planet II 4k does not show that big of difference since the scene is quite bright, and the Vizio is actually brighter and my daughter actually preferred the Vizio. But after watching some other TV shows side by side with dark scenes, the difference is quite apparent, the dark scene is complete dark/black on the OLED but it is greyish on the Vizio, and the OLED feels to have a lot more contrast and after watching a bit more, I cannot ignore the difference even though the P65 is a lot better than my previous TVs. I packed the P65 and going to return it soon.

I am a bit regret to upgrade my Netflix from standard to premium just to test 4K on both TVs, only to find out that all the movies I am interested to watch is not available in 4K on Netflix, only a few Netflix original shows is 4K, my price went from $10.99 to $16.99 per month.
vrredflag wrote: Have you compared them side by side? The vizio P series impressed me a lot but the oled sets take my breath away. Hard decision $$ vs pq. Let us know any comparisons you do.
2kfire wrote: Great find OP. Even though it’s the 2017 model, $2,300 for a 65” OLED is awesome. Unfortunately Costco clearance prices aren’t good indicators of future pricing trends but for those that can snag one, congrats! It’d be great to see the newer models coming down to this price!
I know it is he 2017 model, although I didn't know the details on the improvement on the C8 model. Either way, I have already waited for years and OLED price does not go down much, so I hope I didn't regret my decision to buy it now. Actually, previously on ebay when there is 10% off, the price is quite close to this, plus they are the 2018 model, I didn't pull the trigger mainly because of the warranty. Now it is available in Costco, which give me the excuse to extend my budgets Smiling Face With Open Mouth, I am sure I would be equally happy if I had bought sth. like Hisence 65 4k for $599 and don't put it side by side with an OLED.