• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2021 9:10 pm
[OP]
Jan 27, 2018
105 posts
102 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Costco] LG - 65UN7300 - Smart 4K UHD TV - $797.99

LG 65UN7300 is back in stock online at Costco for $797.99.

A great TV with all time low price at different retailers (Walmart, BestBuy, amazon,...) but I prefer Costco because of the warranty and the 90 days return policy.

it's even 10$ cheaper if you buy from a Costco location near you.
Last edited by mandana0 on Feb 24th, 2021 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
57 replies
Feb 3, 2019
829 posts
1459 upvotes
Canada
fudge_u wrote: Visions has it for the same price and it comes with a bonus two year warranty.
Costco warranty trump's any other stores warranty no? Especially visions
Live a little
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7898 posts
1335 upvotes
TheGoodDealer wrote: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/un7300

Rtings.com wasn't in love with this tv, with that said we are talking about a sub $800 65 inch TV so expectations need to be set. Though I feel like 6.8 is still somewhat low at this price point.
Yeah true, but not terrible either. I think the price is appropriate and proportional to size and value. Biggest drawback is lack of HDR10+ or Dolby Vision
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
[OP]
Jan 27, 2018
105 posts
102 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I had the Samsung 65Tu8000 and returned to get this LG. IMO I find the LG has better picture quality and brightness.
The picture on the Samsun was dull and even the sound was not that clear as the LG TV.
Tried Netflix UHD on for me it looks like the LG is better.
Mar 22, 2018
434 posts
675 upvotes
Canada
Was at the local Costco with a couple friends, we looked down the aisle of TV's in the 65" row and then each of us agreed that the 4th TV in the row was the best (regardless of price etc) - it was this LG (based on actual picture quality/brightness/sharpness etc).
Sep 5, 2008
708 posts
653 upvotes
Port Moody
Don't forget members get 2% cash back at the end of the year for Costco. Only amounts to $16, but if you're weighing options with Visions/Amazon/Best Buy etc. it's a consideration on top of their return policy.
Jun 7, 2016
81 posts
58 upvotes
This tv looks pretty thick compared the the 8000 series Samsung which is around the same price, anyone who has this wall mounted: how thick does it look from the side?

Also: this TV or a TCL QLED 65 inch? (For best picture quality and overall quality)?

Thanks
[OP]
Jan 27, 2018
105 posts
102 upvotes
Richmond Hill
PeterG91 wrote: This tv looks pretty thick compared the the 8000 series Samsung which is around the same price, anyone who has this wall mounted: how thick does it look from the side?

Also: this TV or a TCL QLED 65 inch? (For best picture quality and overall quality)?

Thanks
I can talk about the thickness. I had the TU8000 and now I replaced it with this. It look good and you won't notice the difference.
The LG allows more space in the back to reach for ports or even place the apple TV behind it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7898 posts
1335 upvotes
jerschwab wrote: Don't forget members get 2% cash back at the end of the year for Costco. Only amounts to $16, but if you're weighing options with Visions/Amazon/Best Buy etc. it's a consideration on top of their return policy.
Only Executive members get that.
PeterG91 wrote: This tv looks pretty thick compared the the 8000 series Samsung which is around the same price, anyone who has this wall mounted: how thick does it look from the side?

Thanks
If you're talking about the newer 5 Series TCL, like the 65S535, the TCL has a better overall picture, including Local Dimming and Dolby Vision HDR10+ support, things the LG in the OP are missing
fudge_u wrote: This is a decent deal, but I'd wait for a deal on a TV that has a 120Hz native refresh rate, especially if you're gaming or watching sports on it. It's worth the extra money. Just my two cents.
Yes and no. I would say overall PQ should still be the deciding factor when you purchase a TV. Having the new Xbox Series X, I am still waiting for solid 60FPS@4K, on AAA titles let alone 120. Maybe in the future
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11633 posts
8703 upvotes
Oil Country
CFRTim wrote: Yes and no. I would say overall PQ should still be the deciding factor when you purchase a TV. Having the new Xbox Series X, I am still waiting for solid 60FPS@4K, on AAA titles let alone 120. Maybe in the future
Agreed, the PQ should be the deciding factor, but usually the higher refresh rate and PQ go hand in hand, especially when you're looking for a TV around $500. Also, NEVER buy an Edge-Lit LED TV. Only buy Direct or Full Array LED TVs.

For me, a big deciding factor is the Smart TV platform. IMO, LG has the best ones with WebOS. It's easy to flip to the US region and get the US apps if you use a VPN or have a SmartDNS configured on your router.
Last edited by fudge_u on Feb 24th, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 22, 2006
213 posts
94 upvotes
Calgary
Any other larger TV suggestions for someone who just got a PS5? Sub $1000 preferred

fudge_u wrote: Agreed, the PQ should be the deciding factor, but usually the higher refresh rate and PQ go hand in hand, especially when you're looking for a TV around $500. Also, NEVER buy an Edge-Lit LED TV. Only buy Direct or Full Array LED TVs.

For me, a big deciding factor is the Smart TV platform. IMO, LG has the best one with WebOS. It's easy to flip to the US region and get the US apps if you use a VPN or have a SmartDNS configured on your router.
Calgary, AB
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8374 posts
3043 upvotes
Toronto
CFRTim wrote: Yeah true, but not terrible either. I think the price is appropriate and proportional to size and value. Biggest drawback is lack of HDR10+ or Dolby Vision
What tv has HDR10+ or Dolby Vision near that price point? Genuinely asking.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7898 posts
1335 upvotes
Variability wrote: What tv has HDR10+ or Dolby Vision near that price point? Genuinely asking.
The TCl I have mentioned in the previous post, or the Q7G from Hisense, both also available at Costco.
And I do agree with 120Hz native panel, I have one right now, and even my previous TV model, and they definitely help with sports and in general are higher end panels, but these TV sets will be at a different price range
Jun 7, 2016
81 posts
58 upvotes
Thanks for the info on the TCL QLED

one more question, might sounds like a dumb question but are you able to connect your phone via Bluetooth to the tcl? On my current tv (lg) I can connect my youtube from my phone via bluetooth to play on my tv, was wondering if this was possible on the tcl?

Thanks.

CFRTim wrote: Only Executive members get that.

If you're talking about the newer 5 Series TCL, like the 65S535, the TCL has a better overall picture, including Local Dimming and Dolby Vision HDR10+ support, things the LG in the OP are missing

Yes and no. I would say overall PQ should still be the deciding factor when you purchase a TV. Having the new Xbox Series X, I am still waiting for solid 60FPS@4K, on AAA titles let alone 120. Maybe in the future
Apr 25, 2005
907 posts
274 upvotes
Are you sure about Youtube via Bluetooth? I've personally never heard of such standard feature unless it is very niche for a given TV/phone.

Typically, you would use a feature called casting (ChromeCast, Miracast, Netcast or similar features) to connect connect a phone to a TV. There are different ways of casting. Some apps support native casting (like Netflix, Youtube, Chrome) from a phone and other ways would be complete Screen mirroring/casting.

The TCL is Roku based and I believe it does support Youtube casting natively.

PeterG91 wrote: Thanks for the info on the TCL QLED

one more question, might sounds like a dumb question but are you able to connect your phone via Bluetooth to the tcl? On my current tv (lg) I can connect my youtube from my phone via bluetooth to play on my tv, was wondering if this was possible on the tcl?

Thanks.