Costco

LG 75 inch 4k TV $997.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2022 4:25 pm
Jul 19, 2008
16 posts
13 upvotes
Terrace
kowell wrote: Only 2 HDMI ports and 1 USB port on a $1,000 TV is manufacturers just laughing at us.
It is funny though (I am not a gamer) I only ever use one HDMI port on my TV and everything else just goes through my receiver. It always seemed like a cleaner way of doing it.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1089 posts
1129 upvotes
Quebec
lcohen999 wrote: It is funny though (I am not a gamer) I only ever use one HDMI port on my TV and everything else just goes through my receiver. It always seemed like a cleaner way of doing it.
It's kinda backwards since people with high-end TVs (with more ports) are more likely to have a nice sound system that will handle all their hdmi needs and people with cheaper TVs (with only 2 hdmi) will have no sound system.or a cheaper fiber.connected.one and thus would need more.hdmi ports on their TV.
Jan 17, 2009
105 posts
96 upvotes
Forristal wrote: When 120Hz first became a thing, companies didn't want to actually buy panels that could push the speed (to keep costs down) so they invented technologies that would conceivably let them put a "120" somewhere on the box without actually being a 120hz display.

Probably the backlight cycles twice as often or something.
Made making a warranty claim on my true 120hz screen a nightmare with Samsung. Refresh rates higher than 60hz stopped working and the support agent just kept sending me links to support articles about smart motion saying it's normal, no matter how many times I explained the difference between true refresh and interpolation.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23361 posts
29014 upvotes
bs000 wrote: Made making a warranty claim on my true 120hz screen a nightmare with Samsung. Refresh rates higher than 60hz stopped working and the support agent just kept sending me links to support articles about smart motion saying it's normal, no matter how many times I explained the difference between true refresh and interpolation.
Samsung support is notoriously bad. They're just hoping you don't notice because some of their products are highly reliable.

Also, Canada gets the worst version of every multinational corporation's customer service.

Amazon is pretty good with Canada because they don't tolerate dead weight employees internally. The scourge of any company, and a burden Bezos won't tolerate.

God bless.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11747 posts
5745 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Samsung support is notoriously bad. They're just hoping you don't notice because some of their products are highly reliable.

Also, Canada gets the worst version of every multinational corporation's customer service.

Amazon is pretty good with Canada because they don't tolerate dead weight employees internally. The scourge of any company, and a burden Bezos won't tolerate.

God bless.
I find amazon is getting worse with there support for sure lately.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23361 posts
29014 upvotes
blazed16 wrote: I find amazon is getting worse with there support for sure lately.
Also true. They've been forced to relax their hiring standards a little, in various markets.

They're still much better than most, but occasionally my call will go to a brain dead rep (failure of proper screening and/or training). I've called numerous times over the years, and these encounters are rare.

The vast majority of reps are still very good, regardless of race, creed, origin, identity, or philosophy.

The other factor, and probably the more impactful one, is the reduced accommodations in response to rampant customer fraud. It's still pervasive, but it was worse 12 to 24 months ago.

Anyways, yes, Samsung customer service is bad. Eyes wide open, folks.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Apr 23rd, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1952 posts
615 upvotes
Toronto
Wait till u turn on nvidia shield AI enhanced more.. you can literally see make up and yuk.. when they are getting older and older

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)