Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

LG C1 77" OLED TV $3997.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2022 8:43 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5818 posts
5785 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Lush78 wrote: I can't thank you enough for this! I will call around locally to attempt this price match. I have a feeling it's a new TV kinda day.
Best of luck to you! New TV days are always good days especially when it's a 77" OLED!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5347 posts
6182 upvotes
Alberta
Melkor wrote: Best of luck to you! New TV days are always good days especially when it's a 77" OLED!
Just closed the deal on the 77" C1! I was waiting all morning for my local TV store to open. I've been doing business with the owner and his brother for the past 25 years, so I give them my business whenever possible. They got 4 shipping next week straight from LG and one has my name on it and will be in my possession in under 2 weeks. $4100 was my negotiated price thanks to your quote, which they never even asked for. I'm a loyal customer and he never even asked me for a deposit or anything. I really appreciate the quote as a launching point to negotiate. Couldn't be happier about the deal and the upgrade over my 65" CX. My bedroom will now get the CX to upgrade an older 65" Samsung 4k LED which will go into my sons playroom to replace the 60" Pioneer Elite Kuro.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5818 posts
5785 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Lush78 wrote: Just closed the deal on the 77" C1! I was waiting all morning for my local TV store to open. I've been doing business with the owner and his brother for the past 25 years, so I give them my business whenever possible. They got 4 shipping next week straight from LG and one has my name on it and will be in my possession in under 2 weeks. $4100 was my negotiated price thanks to your quote, which they never even asked for. I'm a loyal customer and he never even asked me for a deposit or anything. I really appreciate the quote as a launching point to negotiate. Couldn't be happier about the deal and the upgrade over my 65" CX. My bedroom will now get the CX to upgrade an older 65" Samsung 4k LED which will go into my sons playroom to replace the 60" Pioneer Elite Kuro.
Nice! I'm glad I could help! Visions started in Alberta right? We've only had ours in Hamilton for a few years. I bought my Samsung from there. I really like their current manager. Solid guy.

Your son is a lucky kid! My boy has a 32" Samsung 4k monitor in his room and the daughter is rocking a 32" 720p Toshiba. Man when I was a kid I played my NES on a 19" CRT. The kids really don't know how good they have it eh.

I'm in the process of finishing the basement, but couldn't wait to set up the oled. It's in my living room on a TV stand in front of a mounted 75" Samsung Ru8000.

Basement is going to have the C1 mounted with a mounted Sonos Arc and Sub with a recessed electric fireplace and built in shelving. I wish my contractor would work faster. I've dreamt of a finished basement forever!

Again, congrats on the deal and glad I could help. Have a great weekend!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5347 posts
6182 upvotes
Alberta
Melkor wrote: Nice! I'm glad I could help! Visions started in Alberta right? We've only had ours in Hamilton for a few years. I bought my Samsung from there. I really like their current manager. Solid guy.

Your son is a lucky kid! My boy has a 32" Samsung 4k monitor in his room and the daughter is rocking a 32" 720p Toshiba. Man when I was a kid I played my NES on a 19" CRT. The kids really don't know how good they have it eh.

I'm in the process of finishing the basement, but couldn't wait to set up the oled. It's in my living room on a TV stand in front of a mounted 75" Samsung Ru8000.

Basement is going to have the C1 mounted with a mounted Sonos Arc and Sub with a recessed electric fireplace and built in shelving. I wish my contractor would work faster. I've dreamt of a finished basement forever!

Again, congrats on the deal and glad I could help. Have a great weekend!
Thanks again! Sounds like a very nice setup you're are building. I used to have my NES connected to my Commodore 64 monitor. And yes, the kids are so spoiled these days.

Now if only the AV receiver guys (Denon preferably) would get out a proper model run of working HDMI 2.1 receivers...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5347 posts
6182 upvotes
Alberta
In stock now at Costco.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7048 posts
4902 upvotes
Ottawa
If you got $5000 CF cards to buy it from Amazon, that’s hot deal.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5347 posts
6182 upvotes
Alberta
I just got a call from my local TV guy and my TV arrived much sooner than I was expecting.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4550 posts
1002 upvotes
Toronto
brava27 wrote: Better off getting a 65. 77 is way overpriced. Especially for 12 more inches.
12" to the diagonal. It increases the screen area of the TV by 40%, which is a non trivial increase in size!
https://tvcalculator.com/

(2530 sq in area on 77" vs 1803 sq in on 65").

By the way, do you know the area increase from 55" to 65"? 39.6% increase in area (basically 40%). Meaning the increase in area from 55" to 65" and from 65" to 77" are essentially the same % increase. So the increase is huge, and 77" is the next logical step up from 65".

With that said, very few people are looking for a $3000+ TV right now, but hey, I guess someone is.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7048 posts
4902 upvotes
Ottawa
Lush78 wrote: I just got a call from my local TV guy and my TV arrived much sooner than I was expecting.
How do you deliver it to your house?
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32483 upvotes
sonyHdr12 wrote: How do you deliver it to your house?
They have a forklift, he's loading the palette into a straight truck and having professional installers come in.

@Lush78 has made a point of getting each main room in his house decked out with a 77" OLED.

It's about living your best life, you can't hate him for it.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5347 posts
6182 upvotes
Alberta
sonyHdr12 wrote: How do you deliver it to your house?
I just finished working my last nightshift and I'll be picking it up today using my truck. The forecast is pretty rainy though, so I may wait until tomorrow.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7826 posts
8512 upvotes
Vancouver
Two people can easily handle the weight for unpacking and moving the larger LG OLEDs into place. The problem is that there no place to grab it! Unlike LCDs with a thicker plastic frame around the edge, the entire edge of the TV is super-thin and fragile glass, and they warn you not to put any pressure on it and not to flex it. The only place you can support it is the central 2/3 or so of the bottom edge where it has the 1" thick base of the electronics compartment. With your other hand they suggest you gently hold the lower side of the screen to keep it from tilting while you support the weight on the bottom. But you have to lay it flat face-down on a table to attach the stand, and then tilt it upright again without flexing it, which is not easy to do.

I think LG should include a couple of screen-holder grips in the box designed specifically to support the screen properly while moving it.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2032 posts
492 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Scote64 wrote: Two people can easily handle the weight for unpacking and moving the larger LG OLEDs into place. The problem is that there no place to grab it! Unlike LCDs with a thicker plastic frame around the edge, the entire edge of the TV is super-thin and fragile glass, and they warn you not to put any pressure on it and not to flex it. The only place you can support it is the central 2/3 or so of the bottom edge where it has the 1" thick base of the electronics compartment. With your other hand they suggest you gently hold the lower side of the screen to keep it from tilting while you support the weight on the bottom. But you have to lay it flat face-down on a table to attach the stand, and then tilt it upright again without flexing it, which is not easy to do.

I think LG should include a couple of screen-holder grips in the box designed specifically to support the screen properly while moving it.
Screen holders would cost them an extra 39c in manufacturing costs, so the price of the TV just went up $500... thanks a lot!
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18020 posts
10816 upvotes
Ottawa
Living it up with multiple 77" OLEDs. Nice

Eventually I'll get one of these.

signed
Poverty RFDer
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Sep 1, 2021
11 posts
6 upvotes
Was able to pick up my 77’ LG C1 the other day from Visions for a better price than I’ve seen posted on RFD to date. Was able to get it down to $3600 with a warranty purchase for an additional $679, still the best I’ve seen.

Could have gone for the tv without the warranty for as low as $3975 but decided the money back warranty for $300 more with $679 coming back to me after 5 years was the best play.

Can’t wait to get this set up!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5347 posts
6182 upvotes
Alberta
smoker10 wrote: Was able to pick up my 77’ LG C1 the other day from Visions for a better price than I’ve seen posted on RFD to date. Was able to get it down to $3600 with a warranty purchase for an additional $679, still the best I’ve seen.

Could have gone for the tv without the warranty for as low as $3975 but decided the money back warranty for $300 more with $679 coming back to me after 5 years was the best play.

Damn good deal! Congrats!
May 13, 2020
139 posts
158 upvotes
Thanks OP, I got four, one for the living room, one in the basement, one in the master bedroom and one in the bathroom.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2032 posts
492 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
smoker10 wrote: Was able to pick up my 77’ LG C1 the other day from Visions for a better price than I’ve seen posted on RFD to date. Was able to get it down to $3600 with a warranty purchase for an additional $679, still the best I’ve seen.

Just want to point out the $679 comes back as an in-store credit and can only be used up to 50% the cost of an item (eg. you would need to buy something worth $1,358 to get the full value of the credit back). Still a decent deal if you plan to buy something at that point!