Expired Hot Deals

Costco

LG C1 OLED 65" now $2797.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2021 6:22 pm
[OP]
Newbie
May 26, 2020
86 posts
133 upvotes
Calgary

[Costco] LG C1 OLED 65" now $2797.99

How much lower do these normally get come black Friday time? Worth the buy now? I know Costco warranty doesn't cover burn in, but I won't be using it for exclusively news or gaming.
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for an upgrade, take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best 4K HDR smart TVs!
78 replies
Newbie
Mar 15, 2021
26 posts
5 upvotes
Just ordered it 10 minutes ago.. wish I saw this post before purchasing the Costco warranty though. I don't know why I just automatically assumed it covered burn in but quick google says otherwise.. Any opinions on whether I should try to get a refund on it? 99 bucks for 3 years doesn't sound too bad.
Sr. Member
Jan 7, 2015
604 posts
518 upvotes
GVR
Ordered just over a month ago at $2999, hopefully Costco will allow price adjustments.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11201 posts
8522 upvotes
Toronto
tweetyq wrote: Just ordered it 10 minutes ago.. wish I saw this post before purchasing the Costco warranty though. I don't know why I just automatically assumed it covered burn in but quick google says otherwise.. Any opinions on whether I should try to get a refund on it? 99 bucks for 3 years doesn't sound too bad.
If you wanna be covered for 5 years I'd keep it, cheapest warranty in the biz really. BB wants $650 for 4 years lol..
Sr. Member
Jan 7, 2015
604 posts
518 upvotes
GVR
CornPops wrote: Ordered just over a month ago at $2999, hopefully Costco will allow price adjustments.
Update: got a price adjustment and the customer service rep already knew what I was calling about when I mentioned price adjustment :) Love Costco customer service! I'm glad I went with them even though their warrant didn't cover burn in. Great deal for 5 years at $99.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
6867 posts
7279 upvotes
Vancouver
tweetyq wrote: Just ordered it 10 minutes ago.. wish I saw this post before purchasing the Costco warranty though. I don't know why I just automatically assumed it covered burn in but quick google says otherwise.. Any opinions on whether I should try to get a refund on it? 99 bucks for 3 years doesn't sound too bad.
I was thinking of getting the warranty. Extended warranties are usually a bad deal, but $99 for 3 years doesn't seem too bad for a $3000 TV. Enough people have the electronics fail and cost $hundreds to repair, as well as the impracticality of lungging a big and heavy TV to the shop. You have 90 days after purchase to decide.
Last edited by Scote64 on Jul 16th, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Aug 3, 2019
105 posts
95 upvotes
Angultra wrote: If you wanna be covered for 5 years I'd keep it, cheapest warranty in the biz really. BB wants $650 for 4 years lol..
At 2 years 1 month my b7 oled developed a stuck pixel, one bright green dot to the right of center of the screen. Figuring since it was now assurion it was going to be a huge hassle, one phone call repairman showed up day later took it ran pixel refresher 10 times as per their instruction( o had already run it that many times or more) then a check in the mail 5 days later for purchase price plus tax added another $100 to it and bought my CX . For 99 dollars it's well worth the peace of mind.
Sr. Member
Jan 7, 2015
604 posts
518 upvotes
GVR
gummby2005 wrote: At 2 years 1 month my b7 oled developed a stuck pixel, one bright green dot to the right of center of the screen. Figuring since it was now assurion it was going to be a huge hassle, one phone call repairman showed up day later took it ran pixel refresher 10 times as per their instruction( o had already run it that many times or more) then a check in the mail 5 days later for purchase price plus tax added another $100 to it and bought my CX . For 99 dollars it's well worth the peace of mind.
Unfortunate timing, but wow! I'm impressed at their coverage...
Member
User avatar
Nov 4, 2010
292 posts
259 upvotes
Canada
tweetyq wrote: Just ordered it 10 minutes ago.. wish I saw this post before purchasing the Costco warranty though. I don't know why I just automatically assumed it covered burn in but quick google says otherwise.. Any opinions on whether I should try to get a refund on it? 99 bucks for 3 years doesn't sound too bad.
Warranty is fantastic, priced well BUT it 100% DOES NOT cover burn-in while the more expensive BestBuy ones do
Sr. Member
Nov 20, 2009
820 posts
780 upvotes
AFAIK, BB's warranty goes up to 4 year only while Costco's is 5 years(base 2+extended 3). BB's warranty is way more expensive than Costco's. OLED burn-in is not a big issue if you do not leave static images on the screen. I would go for Costco's $100 warranty unless you play lots of games on it.
Newbie
Nov 12, 2020
65 posts
182 upvotes
care to give an update once your got costco's response? would be much appreciated
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
3384 posts
1627 upvotes
davi6030 wrote: How much lower do these normally get come black Friday time? Worth the buy now? I know Costco warranty doesn't cover burn in, but I won't be using it for exclusively news or gaming.
$2600 is a price this can be bought with eyes closed...$2700 range is not bad either
Member
Jan 5, 2017
239 posts
179 upvotes
davi6030 wrote: How much lower do these normally get come black Friday time? Worth the buy now? I know Costco warranty doesn't cover burn in, but I won't be using it for exclusively news or gaming.
From costco I would say between 2700 and 2800. From other places it could go down to 2500. I got my c9 for 2500 from another store. The B series sells for a little less.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1070 posts
952 upvotes
davi6030 wrote: How much lower do these normally get come black Friday time? Worth the buy now? I know Costco warranty doesn't cover burn in, but I won't be using it for exclusively news or gaming.
hopefully around 2463$ to match topchoices current sale price.
Sr. Member
Apr 18, 2002
569 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
I had a problem with my LG B7 - some sort of dark blotch in the middle of the screen developed after 1.5 years of use. The Costco Warranty covered the cost to replace with a new C9. It didn’t have to fight or push them at all for the replacement. It’s a no brainer - purchase it without hesitation.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6480 posts
4158 upvotes
Ottawa
Buy first think later
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.

Top