Expired Hot Deals

Costco

LG C1 OLED 65" now $2797.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2021 6:22 pm
Newbie
Nov 18, 2020
60 posts
13 upvotes
Does Costco offer a wall mounting service? Can’t find anything about it online?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7219 posts
7714 upvotes
Vancouver
Zarghetti wrote: Does Costco offer a wall mounting service? Can’t find anything about it online?
I don't think they offer any in-home services, at least not since the pandemic hit. I wouldn't attempt wall mounting a TV as big and heavy as this without at least 3 people - maybe 4. That ultra-thin OLED glass screen flexes when you put the slightest pressure on the edges. Keeping it supported and managing to insert mounting screws in small holes would be a challenge even with 2 people holding it on the left and right, although you can probably get a drop-in mount. A third person helping support the weight and keeping it steady holding the thicker middle section would help, especially if you have to lift it high to the mount
Last edited by Scote64 on Jul 17th, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2815 posts
2153 upvotes
Mississauga
Scote64 wrote: I don't think they offer any in-home services, at least not since the pandemic hit. I wouldn't attempt wall mounting a TV as big and heavy as this without at least 3 people - maybe 4.
This is probably the lightest tv I've ever owned. I'm not a big person but it's definitely wall mountable with 1 person, 2 max if you don't know what you're doing.
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7219 posts
7714 upvotes
Vancouver
vinnie1990 wrote: This is probably the lightest tv I've ever owned. I'm not a big person but it's definitely wall mountable with 1 person, 2 max if you don't know what you're doing.
Wow, you've owned some heavy TVs! This is the same weight as my old Panason plasma, almost 100 lb with the base. Yes, it's about 20 lb. lighter without the base, but adding the mounting bracket and the fact that you have to lift it high and not put any pressure on the fragile edge, you would be crazy to attempt it with one person. The plasma was easier because it's thicker and sturdier.
Sr. Member
Dec 3, 2009
900 posts
503 upvotes
Vancouver
Scote64 wrote: Wow, you've owned some heavy TVs! This is the same weight as my old Panason plasma, almost 100 lb with the base. Yes, it's about 20 lb. lighter without the base, but adding the mounting bracket and the fact that you have to lift it high and not put any pressure on the fragile edge, you would be crazy to attempt it with one person. The plasma was easier because it's thicker and sturdier.
According to LG, this TV's only 71lbs with stand, and 53lbs without, definitely doable without needing 3-4 people.
Newbie
May 6, 2009
8 posts
3 upvotes
Just got an email from a rep. Said I'll see the $200 credit in 3-5 business days.
Newbie
Mar 5, 2017
37 posts
13 upvotes
Costco absolutely covers burn in.
I just claimed warranty with my 2.5 year old lg 55 oled I purchased from Costco. Had the extended warranty.
It was quite bad too.
I just sent a picture to the repair company that has the contract to repair costco warranty.

They first told me that Costco would just replace the tv for me but decided to replace the screen.
The repair guy said the screen costs almost as much as a new repacement tv.
I was happy anyways cause I love the picture on my LG oled and didnt want to try and fiind a different one.
Newbie
Dec 14, 2017
50 posts
15 upvotes
In regards to the Sony A80J, I am leaning towards the Sony as I am more a movie and tv watcher. Is it worth the $200 more than the LG C1 at the moment?
Member
Oct 2, 2013
447 posts
401 upvotes
BRAMPTON
vinnie1990 wrote: This is probably the lightest tv I've ever owned. I'm not a big person but it's definitely wall mountable with 1 person, 2 max if you don't know what you're doing.
I would not mount this tv by yourself. I have the CX and it was much easier with 2 people. We had a 3rd to help guide us with adjusting the position.
The TV is really thin and screen does flex.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24050 posts
30630 upvotes
thelummie wrote: In regards to the Sony A80J, I am leaning towards the Sony as I am more a movie and tv watcher. Is it worth the $200 more than the LG C1 at the moment?
I always lean towards the unit with better support, wider ownership, and a legacy history of older models flourishing in the market.

LG OLEDs are the industry standard in the consumer space. Even my LG C8 (2018) 55" OLED still receives firmware updates and I use it as a PC Monitor daily, with much love and adoration from myself and others.

Food for thought.
.
Newbie
Dec 14, 2017
50 posts
15 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I always lean towards the unit with better support, wider ownership, and a legacy history of older models flourishing in the market.

LG OLEDs are the industry standard in the consumer space. Even my LG C8 (2018) 55" OLED still receives firmware updates and I use it as a PC Monitor daily, with much love and adoration from myself and others.

Food for thought.
Cool thanks. It's such a toss up for me at the moment.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6570 posts
4219 upvotes
Ottawa
SaintJohnShawn wrote: Just got an email from a rep. Said I'll see the $200 credit in 3-5 business days.
Lucky you, I got nothing now, did you have $200 voucher too?
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
1421 posts
1142 upvotes
Orleans, ON
What's the most cost effective place to get a burn-in warranty? I play a lot of games.
Newbie
Jan 19, 2017
13 posts
10 upvotes
brantford
Have they released new receivers that fix the HDMI 2.1 bug? And if so, how do I know if they have the new chip?

I'm looking into getting a new receiver (either 5.2 or 7.2) around the $500-600 range with this new chip to pair up with this TV
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7219 posts
7714 upvotes
Vancouver
SaintJohnShawn wrote: Just got an email from a rep. Said I'll see the $200 credit in 3-5 business days.
Are we supposed to get an email when the price adjustment is approved?

Never mind, just got the email.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6570 posts
4219 upvotes
Ottawa
SaintJohnShawn wrote: Yes, I did (and had used it already as well).
Scote64 wrote: Are we supposed to get an email when the price adjustment is approved?

Never mind, just got the email.
Congrats, I got too, one question which sound bar do you guys use, I’m not impressed the C1’ speaker. Eyes on the Sonos arc, but it’s not on sale. Thanks
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7219 posts
7714 upvotes
Vancouver
sonyHdr12 wrote: Congrats, I got too, one question which sound bar do you guys use, I’m not impressed the C1’ speaker. Eyes on the Sonos arc, but it’s not on sale. Thanks
The built-in speakers are actually ok for a flat panel. I use them if I'm listening to the news or something.

I notice there are a bunch of functions in the Audio settings that apply only to LG soundbars, like selecting an alternate downmix for surround sound. You might want to check those out before you decide. Sonos is nice, but very expensive and lacking in connectivity.

For better movie sound I use an old Denon AV receiver with 5.1 speakers hooked up to the optical out of the C1. I have bitstream passthough enabled, so in theory the encoded digital sound coming in on HDMI should be passed straight through to the optical out. That works with my Shaw cable box - I get Dolby Digital 5.1 passed the TV through to the AV receiver via optical. Unfortunately it doesn't work with my Android media player for some reason. The TV sees Dolby Digital on the HDMI input, but the AV receiver gets PCM stereo over optical. Haven't figured that out yet.

Top