Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

LG CordZero A9 Cordless Stick Vacuum with 2 Batteries and Extra Motorhead $599.99 ($100 off) In store and Online

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2021 9:14 am
May 10, 2010
940 posts
1483 upvotes
Kenora

[Costco] LG CordZero A9 Cordless Stick Vacuum with 2 Batteries and Extra Motorhead $599.99 ($100 off) In store and Online

Costco has the LG A9 cordless vacuum on sale for $100 off in store and Online until October 10th.

I had bought this at full price a few weeks ago because we needed a new one. Was in Costco today and saw it on sale. I ended up having to return the one I bought and buy it again because the customer service person wouldn't give me the price adjustment without my original receipt (even though they found it in the system).

Online stock as of this post is 348. This also seems to be a regular item in the warehouse (there was a while skid double stacked at my local store.

This bundle includes 2 batteries, and two motor heads, one for hard floors and one for carpets. Includes a charging stand that can be wall mounted or free standing. The motor head for hard floors is great and had no hair caught in it (my fiancé sheds like crazy lol)

The vacuum is very powerful, with three levels, regular, high and turbo. The extra battery is great and has a dedicated spot in the charger so it's always ready to go.

The filter is washable and the cyclone (in the dust trap) is washable too.

I'm really happy with this vacuum. The turbo is great for carpets. I used it on the bedroom carpet and the amount of fine dust and crap it got was well..... disgusting and amazing at the same time.
10 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
Price is okay. LG A9 is somewhere between Dyson V10 Motorhead and V11 but closer to a V10. Dust bin is very small and not detachable. LG parts may be hard to get a few years later. Tineco, Shark are better options at lower end.

One unique feature of LG is adjustable length wand but it is only useful if you are extremely tall or short.

People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask in indoor settings if you have cold symptoms.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1566 posts
1372 upvotes
Vancouver
The book said Power (Stick) - 18 mins and Turbo (Stick) - 12 mins, based on two batteries.
Just wonder how long can the batteries last on power and turbo mode in real world?
May 31, 2017
321 posts
300 upvotes
Thanks, I just requested as online price adjustment

Great vacuum so far. I feel the timing on the battery modes is pretty accurate. Normal mode (lowest) does fine on hardwood and tile floors while lasting a reasonable amount of time. With 1 battery I can do a thorough job of 1000sq/ft then the second battery on boost I can do a mix of high and low pile rugs plus using the one of the non powered attachments to dust or get the nooks and crannies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1551 posts
2328 upvotes
82 wrote: Price is okay. LG A9 is somewhere between Dyson V10 Motorhead and V11 but closer to a V10. Dust bin is very small and not detachable. LG parts may be hard to get a few years later. Tineco, Shark are better options at lower end.

One unique feature of LG is adjustable length wand but it is only useful if you are extremely tall or short.

This guy's review wasn't one of the better ones I saw on this vacuum. Another youtuber even called him out on his suction numbers being incorrect. Definitely watch more reviews before making a decision on this vacuum. From what I gathered, this one is comparable to v10- v11 but much cheaper. The two batteries and two heads set it apart from those two dyson models, especially if they aren't on clearance. Then when you factor in Costco return and 10 year warranty through lg, it gots me thinking...
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
10 years warranty is for motor only (like the drum of their washers). Everything else is 1 year. Costco may extends it to two years. Usually it is the circuit board that calls the end of life of a cordless. Especially with Dyson you can get after market parts cheaply from eBay/Ali. It is cheaper if you includes all the accessories, not by much anyway as V11 Absolute were discontinued and was on sale for $650 many CT, probably OOS everywhere though.

2 A9 batteries give you similar decent cleaning time as 1 battery on V11 but my biggest complain is the small dustbin. A deal breaker for cordless IMO. However if you can live by a small dust bin and want the included accessories like the stand, it is a good option. It is basically a Dyson v8/v10 clone by LG with high quality materials.
Nev007 wrote: This guy's review wasn't one of the better ones I saw on this vacuum. Another youtuber even called him out on his suction numbers being incorrect. Definitely watch more reviews before making a decision on this vacuum. From what I gathered, this one is comparable to v10- v11 but much cheaper. The two batteries and two heads set it apart from those two dyson models, especially if they aren't on clearance. Then when you factor in Costco return and 10 year warranty through lg, it gots me thinking...
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask in indoor settings if you have cold symptoms.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1551 posts
2328 upvotes
82 wrote: 10 years warranty is for motor only (like the drum of their washers). Everything else is 1 year. Costco may extends it to two years. Usually it is the circuit board that calls the end of life of a cordless. Especially with Dyson you can get after market parts cheaply from eBay/Ali. It is cheaper if you includes all the accessories, not by much anyway as V11 Absolute were discontinued and was on sale for $650 many CT, probably OOS everywhere though.

2 A9 batteries give you similar decent cleaning time as 1 battery on V11 but my biggest complain is the small dustbin. A deal breaker for cordless IMO. However if you can live by a small dust bin and want the included accessories like the stand, it is a good option. It is basically a Dyson v8/v10 clone by LG with high quality materials.
Your right about the small dustbin and parts for Dyson are alot easier to find, however, lg gives you more cleaning time than a Dyson v11, so I disagree with you there. Also, the reason I mentioned Costco is for return purposes (assuming they still allow it for vacuums). I would say v11 absolute and newer models are vacuums better than this but good luck finding them brand new at a similar price.
Side note, alot of reviews on this vacuum were based off their price in America, where higher end Dysons were similarly priced. Here in Canada those same dysons are alot more (when they aren't on clearance), so the LG has value like tineco in that regard.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
I don't work for Dyson, so feel free to buy either one. The LG is a good cordless if you don't mind the small bin.

Just one comment on battery runtime. Dyson has improved the motor so much on the motor in V11 and it is able to provide 25.5 minutes of runtime on medium with similar cleaning performance of A9 at high. At high, the A9 has 7 minutes runtime and 2 batteries is 14 minutes.

I was able to clean my entire house with just one battery with V11 Outsize, no need to empty the bin. I also have a Shark Rocket Pet Pro and is my preferred cordless because it is a DEET to hairs and easier to maneuver, but it a few minutes short to clean the whole house and I need to empty the bin at least once in between. The Shark's 400g bin actually bigger than the LG's 300g. V11 is 500g and V11 Outsize over 2 liters but I found it is too big and negate some of the advantages of a cordless (not recommended).
Nev007 wrote: Your right about the small dustbin and parts for Dyson are alot easier to find, however, lg gives you more cleaning time than a Dyson v11, so I disagree with you there. Also, the reason I mentioned Costco is for return purposes (assuming they still allow it for vacuums). I would say v11 absolute and newer models are vacuums better than this but good luck finding them brand new at a similar price.
Side note, alot of reviews on this vacuum were based off their price in America, where higher end Dysons were similarly priced. Here in Canada those same dysons are alot more (when they aren't on clearance), so the LG has value like tineco in that regard.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1551 posts
2328 upvotes
82 wrote: I don't work for Dyson, so feel free to buy either one. The LG is a good cordless if you don't mind the small bin.

Just one comment on battery runtime. Dyson has improved the motor so much on the motor in V11 and it is able to provide 25.5 minutes of runtime on medium with similar cleaning performance of A9 at high. At high, the A9 has 7 minutes runtime and 2 batteries is 14 minutes.

I was able to clean my entire house with just one battery with V11 Outsize, no need to empty the bin. I also have a Shark Rocket Pet Pro and is my preferred cordless because it is a DEET to hairs and easier to maneuver, but it a few minutes short to clean the whole house and I need to empty the bin at least once in between. The Shark's 400g bin actually bigger than the LG's 300g. V11 is 500g and V11 Outsize over 2 liters but I found it is too big and negate some of the advantages of a cordless (not recommended).
Appreciate the info you provided, I was looking at the outsize too but avoided it after it takes away from the advantages of having a cordless due to its size etc. I agree the v11 absolute, outsize and v15s are better options but as I mentioned they are all over 300$ more than the LG when not on clearance. Also, the similar cleaning of LG at high compared to v11 at medium is contentious. Performance reviews on YouTube was even shocked at how powerful it was on high and even in the review you posted on medium power the LG was quite similar to its high output performance. So if you look at the medium power time than it is marginally better battery wise than the v11.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2270 posts
1724 upvotes
Not sure to pull the trigger on this or wait for Black Friday/ Boxing Day to pick up a refurbished Dyson V11 eBay.
Oct 7, 2007
397 posts
168 upvotes
Rider Nation
Alvord wrote: Not sure to pull the trigger on this or wait for Black Friday/ Boxing Day to pick up a refurbished Dyson V11 eBay.
[/quote
Hard to beat the costco return policy if its 2 yrs