• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2021 5:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1693 posts
542 upvotes

[Costco] LG CX 65" 4K OLED TV $2,697.99

76 in stock! This is likely your last chance.
171 replies
Jul 22, 2009
328 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
For any Plasma fans thinking about it - DO IT!

I just upgraded from my Pansonic 55" BEAST....this TV is worth every penny. You will not be disappointed. This was the first TV in a decade that was worth the upgrade.
Its nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
May 24, 2017
98 posts
98 upvotes
Edmonton, ab
Tempted to buy this and return it after my ebay one arrives in feb uuuugh
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
18432 posts
21036 upvotes
Might as well buy just for the warranty at this price.

Considering the fact that equivalent warranty is $400 to $500 elsewhere, and it becomes worthwhile.

30 days price protection
90 day return option

5 Year Bullet Proof Warranty for $100

Not bad.

Buy Now and Price Protect for Boxing Day
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6359 posts
4555 upvotes
Ottawa
redflagdealsguy wrote: Might as well buy just for the warranty at this price.

Considering the fact that equivalent warranty is $400 to $500 elsewhere, and it becomes worthwhile.

30 days price protection
90 day return option

5 Year Bullet Proof Warranty for $100

Not bad.

Buy Now and Price Protect for Boxing Day
Quick question, price protection for boxing day could be done over the phone I'm guessing? No need to lug the TV set in-store.
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3751 posts
2072 upvotes
GTA
I’m in the process of finishing my basement and this was the TV I’m looking to buy.

Won’t be ready until Feb probably. Any thoughts of still picking this up in Feb around this price? There is a 90 day return policy though....argh.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8371 posts
3043 upvotes
Toronto
It's been cheaper from Costco, hasn't it?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
18432 posts
21036 upvotes
Said212 wrote: Quick question, price protection for boxing day could be done over the phone I'm guessing? No need to lug the TV set in-store.
I would say yes, most likely. In fact, it may be the best option to phone in the price adjustment.

Things change quickly in the COVID era. Someone may want to call Costco Customer Service and ask them if they'll still honor a Boxing Day Price Adjustment for something bought before Boxing Day.

In previous years I was able to achieve this feat.
Nov 1, 2012
284 posts
240 upvotes
Markham
Said212 wrote: Quick question, price protection for boxing day could be done over the phone I'm guessing? No need to lug the TV set in-store.
I've never had to bring the product in for a price adjustment. Just the receipt.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12716 posts
21940 upvotes
ADRiiAN` wrote: I’m in the process of finishing my basement and this was the TV I’m looking to buy.

Won’t be ready until Feb probably. Any thoughts of still picking this up in Feb around this price? There is a 90 day return policy though....argh.
Newer models come out around that time so you might find a deal . These will be gone by today lol
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1693 posts
542 upvotes
Variability wrote: It's been cheaper from Costco, hasn't it?
Yes, it was $2,597.99 before this sale around BF.

I've had mine for a few weeks now and it's amazing!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
18432 posts
21036 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I would say yes, most likely. In fact, it may be the best option to phone in the price adjustment.

Things change quickly in the COVID era. Someone may want to call Costco Customer Service and ask them if they'll still honor a Boxing Day Price Adjustment for something bought before Boxing Day.

In previous years I was able to achieve this feat.
Costco rep's answer is this... in so many words.
If the online stock is still available for Boxing Day, and a sale is on, you can price protect based on the new price.

Only 66 units in stock, but it shouldn't sell out at this price, likely leaving stock for Boxing Day.

Worth a shot given their generous returns. There is a core group of buyers that only buy TVs from Costco because of their steadfast commitment to customer service, when it comes to OLEDs, the incentive is even greater.
Jul 25, 2018
772 posts
455 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Finally set mine up on the weekend. It's pretty great. It's honestly too thin, that's probably my biggest critique.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1951 posts
385 upvotes
I still can't decide if I want a 65" OLED or 75" QLED. Upgrading my 59" Samsung plasma.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Nov 24, 2014
73 posts
63 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Isn’t price good until Dec 31st? Doesn’t that pretty much mean it won’t go down for Boxing Day?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
18432 posts
21036 upvotes
sixteen12 wrote: I still can't decide if I want a 65" OLED or 75" QLED. Upgrading my 59" Samsung plasma.
Plasma is OLED's grandfather. OLED is the true successor, you might be disappointed with some of the QLEDs coming from Plasma.

I say this as someone who recommends high-end QLEDs as a great option for PC Monitor and PC Gaming because they don't burn-in.

That said, OLED is king. Can't fight facts.
Mar 9, 2014
133 posts
70 upvotes
Ottawa
redflagdealsguy wrote: Plasma is OLED's grandfather. OLED is the true successor, you might be disappointed with some of the QLEDs coming from Plasma.

I say this as someone who recommends high-end QLEDs as a great option for PC Monitor and PC Gaming because they don't burn-in.

That said, OLED is king. Can't fight facts.
Rtings people said that QLED is good if you can't "control" room lighting. In a Dark room OLED is best plus apparently QLED doesn't burn in versus OLED.

I may be totally incorrect because I am trying to learn about these products. I don't even know if this is a good price or not lol
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2006
1763 posts
221 upvotes
Markham
I dont need it....I dont need it....I dont need it....I bought it. Thanks OP.
PSN ID: liquidimpulse
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
18432 posts
21036 upvotes
viktor89 wrote: Rtings people said that QLED is good if you can't "control" room lighting. In a Dark room OLED is best plus apparently QLED doesn't burn in versus OLED.

I may be totally incorrect because I am trying to learn about these products. I don't even know if this is a good price or not lol
OLEDs work well in bright rooms as well. They can get quite bright. Now the brighter they get, the more likely they are to burn in, but this risk is exaggerated in day to day use. Avoid leaving this panel on 24-hour CNN / CP24 / etc. ticker news channels for hours and hours everyday, and you won't see noticeable sidebar or taskbar burn-in.

If you're dead-set on QLED, get a good one, like an Samsung Q80T or Q90T. Both are bright enough, and work well in bright rooms.