Hot Deals

[Costco] LG G8X ThinQ 128GB Smartphone - $499 (in-store)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 11:17 am
[OP]
May 30, 2006
15 posts
134 upvotes
Kitchener, Ontario

[Costco] LG G8X ThinQ 128GB Smartphone - $499 (in-store)

Costco is selling the LG G8X ThinQ 128GB for 519.99 online, and $499 instore.

This is a 2019 flagship level phone with a Snapdragon 855, 6GB RAM 128GB storage, aluminum frame with gorilla glass front/back. It also has a headphone jack, sd card slot, wireless charging, IP68 rating and stereo speakers. This may be an alternative to the S10 lite deal if those things are important to you, or you would rather be able to pick it up in person.

Although it's not listed as available instore, I was able to pick one up at the London south location.

LG is also extending the warranty to 2 years if you register the phone with them.

This phone also supports the dual screen case, this is the link for the case direct from LG Canada:

Dual Screen Case

Most of the reviews you will find for this phone are also reviewing the case.
Last edited by awsemo on Jul 12th, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
379 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1693 posts
856 upvotes
The camera isn't good after doing some research. Not a great deal.
Mar 17, 2011
13 posts
47 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Not everyone needs a good camera.

Thanks OP for letting us know about this deal.
Nov 25, 2002
693 posts
171 upvotes
Kelowna
I ended up ordering this online since my local costco hasn't started carrying them yet. Haven't received it yet. While the camera may not be top tier it's still adequate and has some nice features like the wide angle lens. The other specs are strong. I couldn't find anything better for the price that I could buy immediately and have costco's backing. I'm not a super demanding user, I just want something that will last and is more up to date than my Zenfone 3 with a busted camera.
Dec 13, 2016
293 posts
107 upvotes
GTA
This also an alternative deal if you don't want to pay $1000, I hope its still be available when I need it.
FreedomMobile
DakilangMangingibig
Mar 1, 2012
829 posts
549 upvotes
Want to get my mom a new phone. Was looking at the Motorola Hyper One for about $500 but this might be the better deal? Does LG still have tons of bloatware on their phones? Or is this as close as possible to a Google Pixel type pure Android experience?
[OP]
May 30, 2006
15 posts
134 upvotes
Kitchener, Ontario
The reviews I looked at seemed to indicate the camera was decent, but not quite at the level of flagships like the iphones, pixel or samsung S series phones, there is also no telephoto lens which has become standard on most flagship phones.

What is considered good is relative, I'm coming from a Redmi Note 3, so the camera is a huge improvement. It should also compare well to midrange phones such as the Samsung A series.
Sep 23, 2008
774 posts
365 upvotes
Anyone able to confirm if LG Canada does extend the warranty for this model another year? Their website only shows the original G8 Thinq or the G8x Dual Screen version, with only the former mentioning a second year warranty.

And does Costco offer their 2-year warranty on cell phones?
Selling:
My Soul -- PM Me
Feb 25, 2015
215 posts
74 upvotes
Montreal, QC
It doesn't come with the dual screen accessory. You will need to buy it separately as this is main advantage of this phone.

My wife has it. It's great because of the dual screen. Is like you have a laptop with 2 screens.
It's camera is amazing. I don't know why some people doesn't like it's camera.

The major drawback is the finger print scanner which doesn't work most of the time (i beleive because of the screen protector). When it was working (without the screen protector), it was slow to open the device.
It's not comparable with the finger print scanner located in the back like on the LG G7 Thinq which is extremely fast and sharp
[OP]
May 30, 2006
15 posts
134 upvotes
Kitchener, Ontario
Theres a card included in the box for the 2nd year of warranty. You need to register with LG within 90 days of purchase.
Feb 17, 2019
4 posts
12 upvotes
Wet Banana wrote: Anyone able to confirm if LG Canada does extend the warranty for this model another year? Their website only shows the original G8 Thinq or the G8x Dual Screen version, with only the former mentioning a second year warranty.

And does Costco offer their 2-year warranty on cell phones?
I think LG does extend the warranty. I got this piece of paper in the box asking me to register for an additional year of warranty. I haven't done it yet, so I can't confirm it.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12865 posts
3361 upvotes
RFD
Thanks for letting me browse the Costco website. I just noticed they finally got the Moto G8 Power battery king phone. Cheaper to buy locally then getting it from B&H Photo. Oh yeah
Jul 29, 2018
34 posts
37 upvotes
This isn't a special limited time crazy deal, but it's a great price/product. I bought this for the same price back on June 11th, it's a great phone with modern flagship level features and a decent camera (coming from samsung note 9). AND IT HAS A HEADPHONE JACK

The literal only downside is that it is tough to find cases. There's a few from aliexpress that made their way to amazon.ca. Supposedly the LG V50s case fits, but I ended up calling ALL of the freedom mobile locations near me and one had an otterbox for 15% off. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1282 posts
1388 upvotes
i would totally buy this if it came with the screen. I used a g8 for awhile and i loved that phone but the battery could have been a little better.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)