Expired Hot Deals

Costco

LG OLED 65" A1 $1,589.99 (Costco in-store)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2022 11:34 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12100 posts
3423 upvotes
hchai wrote: People still play games nowdays? how can they have so much time to burn?
Seriously? Those working from home, put in a lot less time "working" than when they tried to make it look like they were at the office. Not all but a great number...
And, some people when there was a stay at home order here, bought systems as there was LITERALLY nothing else to do when you weren't at work.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23111 posts
28617 upvotes
hchai wrote: People still play games nowdays? how can they have so much time to burn?
hchai wrote: 1 hour 30 min, with 30 min youtube for my 4 year old watched peppa pig in restaurant yesterday. It is your time so do whatever you want. One thing money can't buy is time though.
Amen.

Careful saying these things too loudly here.

With age comes responsibility, maturity, and a lack of time for frivolity.
Aug 29, 2013
828 posts
695 upvotes
Waterloo
Thanks for the post OP!

Not sure what these other dudes are on about…lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
5965 posts
3325 upvotes
It's a good price but not clearance since it's not .97 pricing
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23111 posts
28617 upvotes
trinxified wrote: It's a good price but not clearance since it's not .97 pricing
Store specific clearance may not necessarily read 97.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
3707 posts
2622 upvotes
EDMONTON
LOL I WISH!

I just started going through my backlog during the holiday break. I finally got around to finishing FFX-2 remaster after 8 years. I don't even know which game out of my 50+ backlog to start next.....

I'm thinking FF12 Age of Zodiac
teksavvy sucks
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1045 posts
921 upvotes
Thanks OP. Vaughan Costco had about 4 left an hour ago.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
3015 posts
576 upvotes
Ottawa
Got excited for a second when I seen an OLED at this price. But with out some of the latest tech that the other models have. Decided to pass.

Since I game on a series x, was looking for 120hz and vrr. I'll find another tv.

I'm sure non-gamers would love this though
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
Didn't win a Xbox X.. but next best thing. Scored at the Brick for $249! $300 off!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1189 posts
359 upvotes
Can anyone share the Costco item number please, so i can call to check local stock
Nov 25, 2015
5 posts
2 upvotes
Saint-Laurent, QC
most of you know about rtings, but for the sake of backing my opinion/comment, here is a comparison done by them of the A1 and C1
https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... #main-diff

you can clearly see the C1 is more than just 120hz for its general superiority of a tv set, but what i'd like to bring your attention to is the App Smoothness category that you can find if you scroll down all the way to Apps and Features section, its the 2nd line of that category. Average

why im telling you this, is that most people wont really see the difference in picture and color gradients, depth and volume, as well as the general audio quality of a TV, unless they did something like Sony did with the A8H where they used the glass as a way to amplify the sound.

but what people WILL inevitably notice, is when a TV is unreactive or laggy.

I just returned an LG C1 today, and own multiple Sony TVs running Google/Android TV, and what made me return the C1 was that it took forever to change the brightness on it... while on my android TVs its less than 2. Picture was great, sound was good, remote was more than fine, but the UI's reactivity/sluggishness was not just annoying, it was irritating.

If you use the comparator and put any android TV and you generally get "very smooth" in that App Smoothness and 2s to change backlight, vs 6-7 for an LG.

Wish I knew that before buying, so might or might not apply to you, hopefully this helps.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
1169 posts
270 upvotes
Montreal
ykhehra1 wrote: Can anyone share the Costco item number please, so i can call to check local stock
9911065?
Dec 23, 2014
187 posts
169 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
great deal. None in the Richmond BC location.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1222 posts
950 upvotes
ON
hchai wrote: One thing money can't buy is time though.
Oh for sure they do. Saying that just means you don't have enough money to have time :)
Jun 26, 2017
185 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just picked one up from the Overlea Costco. There were about 3 left. Thanks OP!
Nov 30, 2019
29 posts
92 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Amen.

Careful saying these things too loudly here.

With age comes responsibility, maturity, and a lack of time for frivolity.
You have 22,000 posts on RFD friend. Don’t make it sound like you’re some enlightened being who is simply too mature for video games.

You just choose to spend your time posting on online forums instead of gaming. Nothing wrong with that but it’s definitely not something to brag about.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31664 posts
12993 upvotes
LOL what? Not everyone is the same age or at the same position/point in life as you.

I mean sure I don't have any time for videogames myself either but that doesn't mean I somehow presume everyone else doesn't either.
Sep 25, 2020
4 posts
12 upvotes
By making healthy lifestyle choices and lots of disposable income.

I got money and time to burn, and certainly love my LG OLED and PS5 Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Sorry to hear you're so busy.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
1918 posts
1657 upvotes
umadbrah wrote: Good price. Especially if you don't care about having 120hz.

I have the C1, and to be quite honest, 120hz is rather pointless for a majority of people. 99% of the games I play on the PS5 is 60fps only. I get that people want the latest and greatest, but I would recommend getting the A1 and saving $800-1000 or whatever. Put it towards a Dolby Atmos audio system.
Keep in mind this is just over a year after launch, you will have the ps5 and tv for years to come likely.