Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Lifetime 54 portable basketball $319.99 ymmv?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2020 12:06 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2385 posts
347 upvotes
canadatoronto wrote: I'm still debating water + some slabs on the top or full sand fill(9 packages of 20kg play sand)
Filled with water and threw a few big salt bags on top, and it's not going anywhere. Which reminds me I should drain the water and put away the salt bags before they become a hot commodity!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1648 posts
1163 upvotes
Montréal
emjhay wrote: It's by law not to have it on the street. It all really depends how crappy your neighbourhood is, some people will complain for to the city for no reason at all. Had mine on my lawn and facing the street for 4 years now and no complain. I let neighbours play when I don't use it.
I had a municipal city cops give me a warning for it, no idea why they are such jerks, during COVID just trying the kids something to do
May 10, 2014
32 posts
35 upvotes
ON
Keops wrote: There were 6-7 left at Costco Ste-Foy. It's a bit of a pain to assemble but a few box sets, a good drill/impact and a helper.... but we recommend a pickup truck as a platform, makes things much easier!

*beige Corolla has entered the chat*
[OP]
Jul 3, 2019
191 posts
137 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Has anyone dunked on it yet? :)
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1184 posts
212 upvotes
I was under last ones in AB a month or so ago...im not sure how they ended up showing up again ?
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2005
1143 posts
637 upvotes
Picked one up in Windsor today. Sign says expires 2020-09-21 ... which is a Monday, does anyone know if this will still be available at the $320 on Monday? My brother may want one!
RFD has saved & made me $$$
Feb 23, 2005
771 posts
190 upvotes
this is a great deal and I want it so badly. Unfortunately in my case to have it I have to pay 10x time more.
Feb 14, 2002
388 posts
70 upvotes
mcmanus_78 wrote: Anyone seen stock in Ottawa or Gatineau?
I saw two boxes at the new east end location today.
Sep 6, 2017
100 posts
26 upvotes
I saw some of these today at the Warden Costco. Can't remember the price, but there were a fair amount of them towards the back.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4549 posts
1549 upvotes
I hated assembling this. I still curse it as I pass by it. But,it's amazing quality and my son has learned some new curse words from his dad.

I used 150 pounds of sand and three, 60 pound patio stones. The sand was painful to put in.

I hated assembling this in case I didn't mention it yet.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Nov 29, 2003
56 posts
5 upvotes
CRiver, BC
Anyone seen this out West in BC?
Dec 16, 2019
25 posts
52 upvotes
Filled mine with water & added 2 gallons of anti-freeze. Used the eco-friendly, non toxic pink stuff. All of this lowers the freezing point of the water so it won't freeze, swell and crack the base during the winter.

Also added a few tables spoons of bleach. This inhibits algae growth.

Also with just the water, no patio stones or sand, it is rock solid! Lifetime also says their nets are wind tested at 40mph using water in the base instead of sand.

Last thing, the base features a very convenient wheel, so you can tip the net forward , and maneuver it relatively easily to wherever you want to stand it back up.

One annoying bit: I could not get the self drilling screws with the hex heads to tap into the pole. There were two of them and I'll need to buy a bit for my drill just to drive these things. Why they didn't use regular Phillips screws is a mystery.