Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Lifetime 54 portable basketball $319.99 ymmv?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2020 12:06 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3067 upvotes
Winnipeg
I hated assembling this. I still curse it as I pass by it. But,it's amazing quality and my son has learned some new curse words from his dad.

I used 150 pounds of sand and three, 60 pound patio stones. The sand was painful to put in.

I hated assembling this in case I didn't mention it yet.
This isn't a blog.
Nov 29, 2003
63 posts
18 upvotes
CRiver, BC
Anyone seen this out West in BC?
Dec 16, 2019
70 posts
236 upvotes
Filled mine with water & added 2 gallons of anti-freeze. Used the eco-friendly, non toxic pink stuff. All of this lowers the freezing point of the water so it won't freeze, swell and crack the base during the winter.

Also added a few tables spoons of bleach. This inhibits algae growth.

Also with just the water, no patio stones or sand, it is rock solid! Lifetime also says their nets are wind tested at 40mph using water in the base instead of sand.

Last thing, the base features a very convenient wheel, so you can tip the net forward , and maneuver it relatively easily to wherever you want to stand it back up.

One annoying bit: I could not get the self drilling screws with the hex heads to tap into the pole. There were two of them and I'll need to buy a bit for my drill just to drive these things. Why they didn't use regular Phillips screws is a mystery.
Dec 23, 2006
355 posts
69 upvotes
Went to two Costco's looking to pick one of these up today. The $319.99 was actually a sale price that ended on Sunday. All the stores in Kitchener/Waterloo had the price back up to $399.99 and would not even entertain the idea of selling it for the sale price. Unless other stores are clearing this out it looks dead.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
Pzfight1 wrote: Filled mine with water & added 2 gallons of anti-freeze. Used the eco-friendly, non toxic pink stuff. All of this lowers the freezing point of the water so it won't freeze, swell and crack the base during the winter.

Also with just the water, no patio stones or sand, it is rock solid! Lifetime also says their nets are wind tested at 40mph using water in the base instead of sand.

Last thing, the base features a very convenient wheel, so you can tip the net forward , and maneuver it relatively easily to wherever you want to stand it back up.

One annoying bit: I could not get the self drilling screws with the hex heads to tap into the pole. There were two of them and I'll need to buy a bit for my drill just to drive these things. Why they didn't use regular Phillips screws is a mystery.
Could have thrown a few jello packs in the water there and be done with it.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
3181 posts
523 upvotes
javis wrote: Went to two Costco's looking to pick one of these up today. The $319.99 was actually a sale price that ended on Sunday. All the stores in Kitchener/Waterloo had the price back up to $399.99 and would not even entertain the idea of selling it for the sale price. Unless other stores are clearing this out it looks dead.
I got mine on Monday at the Barrie location for the $320 price
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1486 posts
568 upvotes
Darn... I ordered this online for $600 plus tax in June. Could anyone confirm it is the same model? Tempted to buy one in store and return using the online order invoice. :twisted:

Lifetime Adjustable Portable 137.2 cm (54 in.)
Polycarbonate Basketball Hoop
Item #1370373
$599.99
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1486 posts
568 upvotes
neltron3030 wrote: I got mine on Monday at the Barrie location for the $320 price
That sounds promising... Do you know how many left at that location? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
beeknight wrote: Darn... I ordered this online for $600 plus tax in June. Could anyone confirm it is the same model? Tempted to buy one in store and return using the online order invoice. :twisted:

Lifetime Adjustable Portable 137.2 cm (54 in.)
Polycarbonate Basketball Hoop
Item #1370373
$599.99
#1369838 right in the pic of the first post.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1486 posts
568 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: #1369838 right in the pic of the first post.
Yes I saw that however the thing looks identical to what I have. Could they have different item # for online/in-store items?

Here are pics of my net's box and UPC code. If anyone could kindly let me know if their in-store purchase has the same code, it would be highly appreciated.
IMG_6727.JPG
IMG_6728.JPG
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1486 posts
568 upvotes
Pzfight1 wrote: Filled mine with water & added 2 gallons of anti-freeze. Used the eco-friendly, non toxic pink stuff. All of this lowers the freezing point of the water so it won't freeze, swell and crack the base during the winter.

I filled mine with water too but didn't think about anti-freeze. Will this do?
IMG_E6729[1].JPG
Dec 16, 2019
70 posts
236 upvotes
beeknight wrote: I filled mine with water too but didn't think about anti-freeze. Will this do?
IMG_E6729[1].JPG
Biodegradable ✔️ Should be fine.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1486 posts
568 upvotes
Pzfight1 wrote: Biodegradable ✔️ Should be fine.
Thanks! I'd assume any product that works for plastic water pipes, swimming pools should work, right? There are cheaper alternatives.... don't think Markham would hit -60C in the winter (knocking on wood LOL)
Nov 8, 2005
594 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
I only wish I live in a detached house so I can put one outside my own place and start balling.
Dec 23, 2010
292 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
beeknight wrote: Thanks! I'd assume any product that works for plastic water pipes, swimming pools should work, right? There are cheaper alternatives.... don't think Markham would hit -60C in the winter (knocking on wood LOL)
Word of caution, I want to preface by saying have no experience with this stuff, but I was just skeptical about filling a 97L container with 4L of anti-freeze. So the solution in there is roughly 4% anti-freeze. I don't think you'll get the same -60 C rating or even close. I think it'll be closer to a few degrees below 0, which is not enough for Canadian winters.

The product sheet also mentions to NOT dilute and the product will become slushy around -25. Other products from the same manufacturer even said adding water will cause the product to expand.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
ahson wrote: I only wish I live in a detached house so I can put one outside my own place and start balling.
Bro if you live in a detached house you're already balling.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)