Costco

Lifetime 65qt Cooler $150 (in-store)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2021 10:20 pm
Nov 23, 2020
65 posts
93 upvotes
GTA
Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a normal cooler? I don't need a bear proof one or anything fancy, just a normal one to keep beers in for the cottage, thanks!
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
19999 posts
17850 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
deolg97 wrote: Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a normal cooler? I don't need a bear proof one or anything fancy, just a normal one to keep beers in for the cottage, thanks!
NEW ... watch HOT DEALS FORUM
Or the Flyers on Flipp
Camping Supplies typically go on sale starting May 1st
For the big lead in to Victoria Day in Canada ... and Memorial Day Weekend in the USA
The two markers to begin Camping Season officially

USED ... if it’s just for drinks ... cans or bottles
And not so much for food
Then NEW isn’t as big a deal IMO
(Doesn’t have to be super clean etc)

Look for USED ones for sale on the likes of Kijiji or at Yard / Garage Sales
Every year people buy a bunch of stuff to start camping
And every year there are always those that discover it ain’t for them
They don’t like it
They prefer the comforts of home, a cottage, or a cushy motel room
Vs the great outdoors with unpredictable weather, bugs
And Mother Nature

Used Coolers are therefore a dime a dozen
When folks get around to cleaning out their garages
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
9473 posts
2525 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this sonic youth resistant?
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21130 posts
4090 upvotes
YUL
buckabeer wrote: In the middle of the pandemic offering discounted in-store prices is just shameless corporate greed.
You have to keep in mind that their online stuff is usually marked up a bit to cover shipping, since everything on the Costco site has 'free shipping'. This is a large 25 pound cooler. Shipping is easily worth the $40 extra they're charging to buy online.
Nov 26, 2003
815 posts
169 upvotes
Halifax
I have this cooler and it's fantastic. Roto molded, very rugged and easily performs as well as Yeti. The only downside is you can fit so many beverages in it that it becomes very difficult to lift. The cooler itself is heavy when empty.

Love it, buy it if you can.
Last edited by Redmask on Apr 19th, 2021 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed nested quote
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4534 posts
3101 upvotes
Vancouver
buckabeer wrote: I agree that’s what they’ve done all the time. But specially now trying to continue enticing folks to drive over to shop is just more ICU admissions. Costco can afford to lose some short term profit for the sake of the pandemic.
Nothing to do with enticing anyone to the warehouse. Shipping cost went up this year (partly due to covid/more people shopping online) so the difference between instore/online pricing is bound to increase.
Oct 16, 2019
66 posts
36 upvotes
That’s doesn’t explain how shipping works with other vendors like Walmart, Amazon. It’s possible that Costco delivery has not kept pace and is more expensive. But if you buy a bunch of items, they really need to find a way to amortize costs. Otherwise any rational person will want to go in store.
Aug 3, 2009
54 posts
58 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: NEW ... watch HOT DEALS FORUM
Or the Flyers on Flipp
Camping Supplies typically go on sale starting May 1st
For the big lead in to Victoria Day in Canada ... and Memorial Day Weekend in the USA
The two markers to begin Camping Season officially

USED ... if it’s just for drinks ... cans or bottles
And not so much for food
Then NEW isn’t as big a deal IMO
(Doesn’t have to be super clean etc)

Look for USED ones for sale on the likes of Kijiji or at Yard / Garage Sales
Every year people buy a bunch of stuff to start camping
And every year there are always those that discover it ain’t for them
They don’t like it
They prefer the comforts of home, a cottage, or a cushy motel room
Vs the great outdoors with unpredictable weather, bugs
And Mother Nature

Used Coolers are therefore a dime a dozen
When folks get around to cleaning out their garages
Not this year. Tents, Camping stoves, Coolers. The second hand market is the highest it's ever been. I was looking for a rooftop tent, they're sold out everywhere. no decent brands available used anywhere either.
I had a couple of ultralight items from 8-10 years ago. I ended up selling them on Marketplace for what I bought them for price wise.

I wanted a good rotomolded cooler. I was looking at Yeti, but people are asking for near MRSP on marketplace.
I ended up buying this cooler. It's a big one, but for $150, it's not going to be around for long.

Camping gear this year, is very much the "work out equipment" of last.
Feb 2, 2015
509 posts
791 upvotes
Calgary, AB
deolg97 wrote: Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a normal cooler? I don't need a bear proof one or anything fancy, just a normal one to keep beers in for the cottage, thanks!
Coleman 45 litre cooler $27.97 everyday -- sometimes cheaper around $19 on sale https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/coleman-48 ... 0202513112

Also noticed Walmart has the Lifetime 55 quart version for $159.97 with free standard shipping .. https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lifetime-5 ... 0201890073
Deal Addict
May 6, 2006
1452 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
That bear is laying waste to this cooler!!!
Louis: Welcome to your first toddler pageant Stewie. Its what you do when you're in Texas.
Stewie: Oh lovely, a first class ticket to a semen stained death in the basement.
Feb 4, 2021
20 posts
9 upvotes
I bought this one last week for $50 in BC. It looks like it's still on clearance: canadian-tire-coleman-wheeled-cooler-56 ... v-2458421/

Here's the stocktrack link: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0853687
Jun 27, 2020
19 posts
9 upvotes
I bought one of these last year and it’s unreal. Little on the heavy side especially once full but you’re not going to find better bang for your buck
Jan 8, 2016
121 posts
109 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
This "Lifetime" cooler comes with 5-year warranty. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
1329 posts
112 upvotes
Bought this cooler last year and no regrets. Was eyeing a Yeti, but this was 1/4 the price and worth every penny. It's heavy and needs 2 people to carry when full, but it's lasted for 5 day camping trips before needing an ice refill. Keeping my eyes peeled for the smaller version at Costo.
Scottisonswardrobe wrote: Anyone seen this in GVR Costcos?
I've seen it at the Still Creek location.

MountainM wrote: Is it roto molded? If not, it isn't comparible to a yeti, or other less expensive roto molded coolers.
Yes, it's roto-molded
In4mer514 wrote: Will this kooler keep stuff kold for Atleast 3 days?
I went on a 5 day camping trip and my foodstuffs and drinks were still cold.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5020 posts
2243 upvotes
Winnipeg
buckabeer wrote: In the middle of the pandemic offering discounted in-store prices is just shameless corporate greed.
Order from Lifetime directly. They'll still charge you $199.99 but they'll give you "free" shipping.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
May 10, 2016
473 posts
789 upvotes
MountainM wrote: Is it roto molded? If not, it isn't comparible to a yeti, or other less expensive roto molded coolers.
It's blow molded. The result is slightly thinner plastic shell so not as bomb proof as the roto-molded ones, but I still have no problems standing on mine.