Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Lifetime 65qt Cooler $150 (in-store)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2021 10:20 pm
Dec 16, 2009
486 posts
422 upvotes
Oh, this is exactly what you want. A cooler that keeps a bear in your camp for an hour. You'd hate for him to just eat your food and leave, so let's make him get angrier and angrier trying to open the cooler, until he looks around the campsite for easier pickins.... Who thought this was a good idea?
Dec 24, 2018
104 posts
154 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Is this cooler good for storing dry ice? Can it potentially keep dry ice for a few days?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3018 posts
2884 upvotes
Prince George
elkabong wrote: Oh, this is exactly what you want. A cooler that keeps a bear in your camp for an hour. You'd hate for him to just eat your food and leave, so let's make him get angrier and angrier trying to open the cooler, until he looks around the campsite for easier pickins.... Who thought this was a good idea?
If the bear gets an easy snack he is being rewarded for raiding campsites. So of course he’ll keep doing it. That is a death sentence for the bear.
Dec 25, 2004
885 posts
185 upvotes
Solarisphere wrote: It's blow molded. The result is slightly thinner plastic shell so not as bomb proof as the roto-molded ones, but I still have no problems standing on mine.
Thank you! I know I had read it was blow molded but everyone seems to say roto-molded... not a big difference from my POV, slightly less durable, slightly less ice retention but WAY more value than Yeti. I’d love a beautiful blue Yeti but at $600 for similar size I just can’t justify it. Has anyone in Ontario been able to access this in store since the lockdown or items it in a non essential zone?
Sep 5, 2017
37 posts
18 upvotes
jephree wrote: Looks like Costco started stocking camping supplies. Saw this Lifetime 65qt cooler in-store here in Calgary for $150 where it’s $200 online. Rated pretty good and a quarter the cost of a brand that starts with “Y”.

Not a fan of white but can’t be picky at this price.
Hey OP - thanks! Which Costco location in Calgary did you see this at? [Hoping it was at the new Taza store]
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1550 posts
817 upvotes
Edmonton
Picked one up in Calgary on the reserve but its $170, not $150. Still a great price
[OP]
May 23, 2016
148 posts
243 upvotes
Picked up at the NE location. Went back yesterday and noticed price has increased to $170 now
Dec 13, 2006
689 posts
630 upvotes
Vancouver
buckabeer wrote: In the middle of the pandemic offering discounted in-store prices is just shameless corporate greed.
you have to be kidding? how is it shameless corp greed offering you a discount? You have no clue wtf you are talking about. Wear a mask , its that **** easy.. Wear a mask and you wont get covid.*
Dec 13, 2006
689 posts
630 upvotes
Vancouver
stovetop wrote: This won't fit into many sedan trunks with sloped rooflines....it's too tall.
I bought this to upgrade the basic plastic coleman ive had for years. But yeah, it takes up 80% of my trunk space, no way i can go camping with this beast.. I wish it was few inches shorter. I have a Kona if anyone was wondering.
Dec 13, 2006
689 posts
630 upvotes
Vancouver
elkabong wrote: Oh, this is exactly what you want. A cooler that keeps a bear in your camp for an hour. You'd hate for him to just eat your food and leave, so let's make him get angrier and angrier trying to open the cooler, until he looks around the campsite for easier pickins.... Who thought this was a good idea?
why would you leave your cooler out? I mean you are whining about being irresponsible. its not the coolers fault you dont know how to use it.
May 10, 2016
510 posts
841 upvotes
Yes, you want a durable food storage option that bears can't break into. If no one leaves food available then you won't have problems with bears to begin with. In some areas of California you can be fined if you don't have your food in an approved storage container.
Dec 25, 2004
885 posts
185 upvotes
Has anyone seen these in the GTA? Are they accessible since the lockdown?
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2003
1180 posts
114 upvotes
Solarisphere wrote: Yes, you want a durable food storage option that bears can't break into. If no one leaves food available then you won't have problems with bears to begin with. In some areas of California you can be fined if you don't have your food in an approved storage container.
I'm pretty sure you can be fined in Ontario provincial parks for the same thing.
Oct 16, 2019
66 posts
36 upvotes
meatwagon wrote: you have to be kidding? how is it shameless corp greed offering you a discount? You have no clue wtf you are talking about. Wear a mask , its that **** easy.. Wear a mask and you wont get covid.*
No idea why people think they’re entitled to shop in store to get cheap prices. Selfish behavior from shoppers like you and corporate greed together has led to the spread of the by virus.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2005
5625 posts
90 upvotes
Was searching for one, and right now it’s between this or the igloo one from Walmart. Both roto molded and have really good reviews. Will need to wait until we can go in store here in Ontario to buy.
Dec 25, 2004
885 posts
185 upvotes
ben_liu wrote: Was searching for one, and right now it’s between this or the igloo one from Walmart. Both roto molded and have really good reviews. Will need to wait until we can go in store here in Ontario to buy.
Just to be clear neither of them are roto-molded.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2005
5625 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto Gamblers wrote: Just to be clear neither of them are roto-molded.
You are right, I misunderstood when I was watching the video:

Regardless, either one will do just fine for my need. thanks
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
6411 posts
2498 upvotes
Montreal
meatwagon wrote: you have to be kidding? how is it shameless corp greed offering you a discount? You have no clue wtf you are talking about. Wear a mask , its that **** easy.. Wear a mask and you wont get covid.*
Wearing a mask does not prevent you from getting COVID. Wearing a mask helps reduce the risk of you spreading COVID to others in case you're sick and don't know it. Over a year in to this pandemic and people still have trouble grasping this simple concept.
Dec 13, 2006
689 posts
630 upvotes
Vancouver
psyko514 wrote: Wearing a mask does not prevent you from getting COVID. Wearing a mask helps reduce the risk of you spreading COVID to others in case you're sick and don't know it. Over a year in to this pandemic and people still have trouble grasping this simple concept.
never said it prevents me from getting covid. but it actually does since i told YOU to wear a mask, it prevents ME from getting your covid, and did you see that little asterisk? yes i put that in there for a reason, because yes i know its nots 100% effective, but when everyone is wearing a mask, then there is no real problem. The reason why we are in this pandemic is because people are not wearing a mask and trust their friends and dont wear a mask around friends or coworkers..

its pretty damn simple.. WEAR A MASK