Costco

Lifetime 65qt Cooler $150 (in-store)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2021 10:20 pm
Dec 13, 2006
689 posts
630 upvotes
Vancouver
buckabeer wrote: No idea why people think they’re entitled to shop in store to get cheap prices. Selfish behavior from shoppers like you and corporate greed together has led to the spread of the by virus.
i am entitled because i do it. Which gives me the entitlement. i have not idea why you dont understand entitlement. Just like how you are entitled to log onto the internet and whine about silly things and say its corperate greed.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
6410 posts
2485 upvotes
Montreal
meatwagon wrote: never said it prevents me from getting covid. [...] and did you see that little asterisk? yes i put that in there for a reason, because yes i know its nots 100% effective, but when everyone is wearing a mask, then there is no real problem.
Buddy, you said "Wear a mask and you wont get covid" which means "If you wear a mask, you won't get COVID".

Also, putting an asterisk at the end of the sentence without actually following up with a footnote. It's not a carte blanche that you put on an end of every sentence in order to prevent being called out on misinformation.

To be clear, I'm not arguing against wearing a mask. I'm arguing with your unclear statements.
Dec 25, 2004
885 posts
185 upvotes
So back to coolers :)
Has anyone seen the 55 vs 65 vs 77 side by side? I read that the footprint on the 65 vs 77 was very similar so it might make sense to get the 77qt size since it takes up as much space but has more capacity inside.. The reviews are very good, has anyone held it to assess whether everything feels solid and good quality?
May 10, 2016
509 posts
839 upvotes
Toronto Gamblers wrote: So back to coolers :)
Has anyone seen the 55 vs 65 vs 77 side by side? I read that the footprint on the 65 vs 77 was very similar so it might make sense to get the 77qt size since it takes up as much space but has more capacity inside.. The reviews are very good, has anyone held it to assess whether everything feels solid and good quality?
I've had the 65 for a year now. Quality is great and I've got no concerns about durability despite it not being rotomolded. I've stood on it with minimal flex. It's a beast to haul around by yourself though; wheels would have been useful.

I've also had no issues with it leaking air at the seal. Mine pulls a vacuum every time I open it because the seal is so good.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1415 posts
979 upvotes
Montreal
buckabeer wrote: In the middle of the pandemic offering discounted in-store prices is just shameless corporate greed.
Wow. Just wow. FYI Costco prices online include shipping.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1415 posts
979 upvotes
Montreal
hordosr wrote: i am a cooler junkie, have a few igloo products, i won one at a curling bonspiel 20 years ago and it still keeps ice for over 3 days as that is all we needed it for...this one looks like a beast and am tempted at 150
I have a Coleman xtreme and my next project is to buy a sheet of hard insulation to put on the top of the inside of the cooler.
Dec 25, 2004
885 posts
185 upvotes
Solarisphere wrote: I've had the 65 for a year now. Quality is great and I've got no concerns about durability despite it not being rotomolded. I've stood on it with minimal flex. It's a beast to haul around by yourself though; wheels would have been useful.

I've also had no issues with it leaking air at the seal. Mine pulls a vacuum every time I open it because the seal is so good.
Thanks for the first hand knowledge, I really appreciate it!
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2012
3090 posts
171 upvotes
WINNIPEG, Canada
Anyone see these in Manitoba. Saw none on kenaston but they used to be $169
Dec 25, 2004
885 posts
185 upvotes
I checked on my last food run at Costco, and they said the ones in Ontario are being held at the distribution center. They aren’t reviewing any thing that isn’t “essential” until after the lockdown. She wasn’t sure the pricing until it’s setup in the system for Ontario but I’m assuming $170 based on what someone said out West. It feels like all gear sells out these days so I went with online @ $200 vs waiting and hoping they get to Ontario warehouses, which is great value vs any roto-mold with similar ice retention. Arrives tomorrow :)
Dec 25, 2004
885 posts
185 upvotes
Damn they’re sold out now and mine hasn’t shipped and I ordered it last weekend.
Dec 25, 2004
885 posts
185 upvotes
It’s slightly cheaper now for whatever reason and back in stock for $189.99. Mine just arrived and I have to say I’m impressed. It’s a great size and is rock solid. The latches are very easy to open with one hand. The 65L seems perfect, a size down looks big but fills quickly and while this one is big it’s manageable and easy to toss in the back of an SUV.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2004
1204 posts
172 upvotes
Damn you people. I just ordered and will get yelled at by my wife end of month. :)
Sep 17, 2018
404 posts
413 upvotes
Any stock in Ontario lately? See it was also removed from the website
Nov 27, 2003
387 posts
43 upvotes
I picked this up at Costco Stoney Creek yesterday for $150, and they still had a couple in stock.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)