• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2022 2:21 pm
70 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1142 posts
1263 upvotes
Quebec
Good price but I'm more impressed by how they hung it up there.
Nov 12, 2019
307 posts
1093 upvotes
kowell wrote: Good price but I'm more impressed by how they hung it up there.
Work platform that goes on the forklifts, all the warehouses have them for maintenance and fun stuff like this...

Ya, I'm fun at parties. Lol
Jul 16, 2020
23 posts
157 upvotes
chadw01 wrote: Health Canada: Lifetime Geodome Climber recalled due to chemical hazard

https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-a ... 5r-eng.php

Hopefully this has since been addressed...
Yes, this has been addressed. My family had our until recalled, and the kids love it so much we replaced it with a new one that meets Canadian standards (same model, newer batch). For what it's worth, I spoke with a company representative and they mentioned that their in-house testing found the issue, and that while they still met USA standards, they did not meet Canadian standards.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5297 posts
4281 upvotes
Ben311 wrote:
20210809_091403.jpg20210809_091407.jpg
Ok no high ceilings at home so will have to pass.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5416 posts
4980 upvotes
Toronto
mark1414 wrote: Yes, this has been addressed. My family had our until recalled, and the kids love it so much we replaced it with a new one that meets Canadian standards (same model, newer batch). For what it's worth, I spoke with a company representative and they mentioned that their in-house testing found the issue, and that while they still met USA standards, they did not meet Canadian standards.
Is there a way to confirm it's a newer batch? I know it's Costco and they are pretty good about recalls, but just a way to re-confirm before purchasing in the warehouse.
Oct 25, 2015
257 posts
288 upvotes
Guelph, Ontario
I have a 22ft ceiling in my living room. might be able to hang it up there! Thanks OP, I will pick one up.
Jul 16, 2020
23 posts
157 upvotes
chadw01 wrote: Is there a way to confirm it's a newer batch? I know it's Costco and they are pretty good about recalls, but just a way to re-confirm before purchasing in the warehouse.
I can't imagine Costco would be allowed to sell the old batch. I know for a fact the old ones were removed in 2020, and they've sold these throughout the 2021 season (we bought again this past spring). That said, if you're concerned, call Lifetime (https://www.lifetime.com/CustomerService/Home) -- they were very helpful when I spoke with them.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
5742 posts
3086 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
My daughter got this for Christmas last year just before her 2nd birthday. She was already quite a climber so we knew it would be a huge hit sure enough it was. She absolutely loves the thing and insists on a climb every night after dinner. Great addition to our yard! Though it’s a bit of a pain to move every mow. Ha ha.

If you’re not in a rush they will probably drop lower. We got ours from Costco at end of season last year and I believe the price was sub-$100. I can’t recall the exact price but it was definitely as a result of a post on here.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6920 posts
4654 upvotes
SW ON
ChicoQuente wrote: If you’re not in a rush they will probably drop lower. We got ours from Costco at end of season last year and I believe the price was sub-$100. I can’t recall the exact price but it was definitely as a result of a post on here.
Last year it didn't even go on sale. It just went out of stock.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6920 posts
4654 upvotes
SW ON
Ben311 wrote: but obviously in-store is cheaper.
Beware the box is very heavy.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1600 posts
2032 upvotes
chadw01 wrote: Is there a way to confirm it's a newer batch? I know it's Costco and they are pretty good about recalls, but just a way to re-confirm before purchasing in the warehouse.
As soon as something is recalled it's pulled from the shelves. You can always visit the recalls website and review the details while looking at the item in the warehouse. Usually they'll have a date, serial number, lot number, etc of the recalled versions that you can compare. I'm 99.9% sure they'll be fine.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2525 posts
2223 upvotes
Markham
Anyone see this in GTA?
-------
Thank you
Mar 26, 2008
232 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
I have bought one last year from Costco instore, would this have been recalled? I definitely don't have the box anymore. I haven't heard anything from Costco. Would customer support instore know?
Last edited by SpyKiIIer on Aug 9th, 2021 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
2379 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal
alpovs wrote: Beware the box is very heavy.
Weight: 49 kg (108 lb.)

Without the box and wrapping.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
5742 posts
3086 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
alpovs wrote: Last year it didn't even go on sale. It just went out of stock.
I disagree. As per this thread I see that I did in fact get it for $99 and other stores went down to $129 during the clearance stage (which I realize is not as good a deal as it is now).
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3131 posts
2704 upvotes
Cambridge
ChicoQuente wrote: My daughter got this for Christmas last year just before her 2nd birthday. She was already quite a climber so we knew it would be a huge hit sure enough it was. She absolutely loves the thing and insists on a climb every night after dinner. Great addition to our yard! Though it’s a bit of a pain to move every mow. Ha ha.

If you’re not in a rush they will probably drop lower. We got ours from Costco at end of season last year and I believe the price was sub-$100. I can’t recall the exact price but it was definitely as a result of a post on here.
Ugh... I want this for our little one but just not sure based on the size...

What's the height to the first bar? It doesn't look easy for a 2 year old to maneuver up. Ours is adept at the standard pikler triangle but nothing more than that has been attempted.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
5742 posts
3086 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
orbitdesign wrote: Ugh... I want this for our little one but just not sure based on the size...

What's the height to the first bar? It doesn't look easy for a 2 year old to maneuver up. Ours is adept at the standard pikler triangle but nothing more than that has been attempted.
I don’t know off the top of my head but can check for you when I get home. My daughter is 2.5 now and she can get herself up on the first bar on her own however half the time she does want a boost to the first one so I’ll put our a hand or knee for her to step on. After that she can make her way to the top herself.