• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 7:09 pm
[OP]
Aug 18, 2013
171 posts
197 upvotes

[Costco] Lifetime shed 10ftx8ft - $999.99

Hi all,

Deal on the Life time shed at Costco this week for 999.99. Can find it on the weekly savings flyer, but was actually on sale at the Markham east location... unadvertised.

Great time to construct since most are stuck at home and nice to have for the upcoming summer season :)

FYI... if you don't have a solid base for it yet... look forward to carrying 30+ bags of 30kg cement.,,,my poor back :(
Last edited by wchau85 on Mar 30th, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
103 replies
Apr 5, 2017
265 posts
39 upvotes
wchau85 wrote: Hi all,

Deal on the Life time shed at Costco this week for 999.99. Can find it on the weekly savings flyer, but was actually on sale at the Markham east location... unadvertised.

Great time to construct since most are stuck at home and nice to have for the upcoming summer season :)

FYI... if you don't have a solid base for it yet... look forward to carrying 30+ bags of 30kg cement.,,,my poor back :(
So how did you make out the base ? Concrete slabs ?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2393 posts
489 upvotes
Price on title would be nice
King of the farm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7911 posts
254 upvotes
MK1986 wrote: So how did you make out the base ? Concrete slabs ?
i believe he made it with cement....
[OP]
Aug 18, 2013
171 posts
197 upvotes
MK1986 wrote:
So how did you make out the base ? Concrete slabs ?
Haven't made it yet, but have purchased the bags of cement and 2x4 pressure treated wood so I can start once it stops raining :)
Rooster wrote: Price on title would be nice
Done and done :)
Apr 23, 2008
259 posts
122 upvotes
Ottawa
I am in Ottawa and have this exact shed. I would not recommend it:
- Despite the brand name, "Lifetime" changed the warranty to a limited 10 years a few years ago
- the translucent plastic ridge piece cracks and then the shed is open to the sky. Lifetime will send you a replacement until the warranty is up but it is a *major* PITA to replace.
- the roof bends under snow load
- the door will not stay latched, and even if it does stay latched, it loosens and rain gets in. I have two bungee cords to hold the doors closed.

If you buy this, you will be happy for a year or two. And then you will realize it really wasn't a good long-term purchase.

I just checked the costco.ca web site for this product and I see that the detailed one-star review I posted two years ago is gone.

The description says two people for 8 hours. A friend helped me set up a good base and then I put the shed up by myself in about 12 hours over 2 days. It would be easier with two people of course.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
6743 posts
2452 upvotes
Markham
Good facility for self quarantine
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11369 posts
16618 upvotes
Ottawa
Like the previous comment, I too had issues with the shed . I attributed it to the fact it was hit by the sun pretty much all day and that the plastic expands making doors hard to open . Decided to move it to under a tree where it fared better . Had one roof panel crack after one winter ( guess should have removed the snow but then who does ? ) . Replacement part took a month to get and yah it’s a pain to replace . Basically had to dismantle it to replace part . Am now going to replace it with a pre-built wooden shed .
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2629 posts
1099 upvotes
, ON
stephroll wrote: Like the previous comment, I too had issues with the shed . I attributed it to the fact it was hit by the sun pretty much all day and that the plastic expands making doors hard to open . Decided to move it to under a tree where it fared better . Had one roof panel crack after one winter ( guess should have removed the snow but then who does ? ) . Replacement part took a month to get and yah it’s a pain to replace . Basically had to dismantle it to replace part . Am now going to replace it with a pre-built wooden shed .
who sells prebuilt wooden shed?
[OP]
Aug 18, 2013
171 posts
197 upvotes
ax89 wrote: I am in Ottawa and have this exact shed. I would not recommend it:
- Despite the brand name, "Lifetime" changed the warranty to a limited 10 years a few years ago
- the translucent plastic ridge piece cracks and then the shed is open to the sky. Lifetime will send you a replacement until the warranty is up but it is a *major* PITA to replace.
- the roof bends under snow load
- the door will not stay latched, and even if it does stay latched, it loosens and rain gets in. I have two bungee cords to hold the doors closed.

If you buy this, you will be happy for a year or two. And then you will realize it really wasn't a good long-term purchase.

I just checked the costco.ca web site for this product and I see that the detailed one-star review I posted two years ago is gone.

The description says two people for 8 hours. A friend helped me set up a good base and then I put the shed up by myself in about 12 hours over 2 days. It would be easier with two people of course.
Thanks for the input!

Yah... it is a hit and miss. This one is slightly different from the ones sold a few years back in Costco. Helped my two neighbors 2-3 years back in constructing the same shed. One was fine, but the other one cracked. That version had the door on the narrow side of the shed, also the clear plastic piece on the roof that tended to crack ran the length of the rood. I believe the plastic pieces are smaller in this version and it few spots instead of running the length of the roof. So I guess its less prone to crack. Lastly, the current shed and the ones sold maybe in the past 2 years also came with a snow load kit, helpfully it helps in winter. The ones my neighbor purchased did not include it, instead, it was sold separately.

Hopes this helps someone whos on the fence on purchasing this shed!
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1458 posts
367 upvotes
Westcoast
we have this shed. it's on compacted gravel and paver stones. so far so good but the roof does warp under the sun--no leaks yet. out in vancouver rain/snow and so far ok
"Shorty wanna be a thug" -2pac
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5070 posts
506 upvotes
Toronto
ax89 wrote: - the door will not stay latched, and even if it does stay latched, it loosens and rain gets in. I have two bungee cords to hold the doors closed.
Have the same issue with mine.
Plan: Public Mobile - $46/month Unlimited NA Talk/Global Text/8.5GB
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
13313 posts
7649 upvotes
Toronto
anotherbargainhunter wrote: who sells prebuilt wooden shed?
home hardware building centers has the best. Also, I think lowes, not sure about home depot.

I have this shed in 8x15 format and it's in my backyard getting south sun from dusk to dawn for the past 6 years and I've never experience any issues with it.

I'd be safe to bet that the reasons for door issues is having a level base and any roof damage/cracks to snow load.
Last edited by koffey on Mar 30th, 2020 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)