[Costco] Little Giant 17' ladder with wheels and platform 99.97

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2018 11:24 pm
[OP]
Dec 12, 2009
402 posts
202 upvotes

[Costco] Little Giant 17' ladder with wheels and platform 99.97

17' Little Giant Ladder with wheels and the platform accessory on clearance for 99.97 seen at the new Costco on Overlea in Toronto. There was about 5 left.
Images
  • little giant.jpg
27 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1474 posts
1201 upvotes
Pallet Town
RubberHumpty wrote: Online price for me is $269.99.
Looks like a in-store clearance only, as usual
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1795 posts
172 upvotes
are clearance items at costco, final sale?
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
2559 posts
1708 upvotes
Toronto
reggyDeal wrote: are clearance items at costco, final sale?
No.
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Feb 9, 2011
679 posts
212 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote: are clearance items at costco, final sale?
There is no such thing as final sale purchase at Costco. You can return what you buy. Of course there may be some exceptions.....
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6833 posts
5736 upvotes
North York
Ribbyx wrote: There is no such thing as final sale purchase at Costco. You can return what you buy. Of course there may be some exceptions.....
Not really sure what the exceptions are. I see they have accepted everything.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7122 posts
1321 upvotes
konsensei wrote: Not really sure what the exceptions are. I see they have accepted everything.
You're right... It like no exceptions at all... They even took back a dead Christmas tree in January from a lady in the US.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
1017 posts
395 upvotes
GTA
Ribbyx wrote: There is no such thing as final sale purchase at Costco. You can return what you buy. Of course there may be some exceptions.....
I returned a pressure washer once (bought online) with reason being it was not powerful enough.
Lady told me they don't take these back because, "someone could buy it, use it and then return it, you know." Anyway, when I explained to her it was bought online and that EVERYTHING online is returnable, she relented and processed the refund.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1872 posts
1130 upvotes
Kitchener
Would you guys say this is better or worse then the amazon prime deal on the 21 foot?
May 4, 2011
462 posts
306 upvotes
Buddy you can return anything to costco just on the terms “I don’t want it anymore” I don’t know how many items I’ve return and they ask me why, and I just say because I don’t want them anymore. They don’t care, i don’t even know why they bother asking lol
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1436 posts
460 upvotes
This is a good deal! I was considering getting this ladder some time ago but opted to wait for the 22' to go on sale. Even though I don't need the height that the 22' provides as an extension ladder (which is actually only 19'), it's very handy to have the extra height in the A Frame and 90 degree modes. It'll also be more stable if you do use extension mode and don't need to extend it all the way.

For the 22':
Extension: 19'
A Frame: 9'
Storage: 5' 7"

For the 17':
Extension: 15'
A Frame: 7'
Storage: 4' 7"
Last edited by Nukey on Aug 19th, 2018 9:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dec 31, 2010
391 posts
418 upvotes
Montreal
Any in stock @ Pointe-Claire or Vaudreuil?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4331 posts
727 upvotes
Edmonton
I own and have used it for a couple years. It sure is handy around the house. When it’s fully extended it takes a bit of trust that the middle joint won’t give but after two years of basement Reno’s, back yard tree work, gutters, roof work etc no issues.

The only thing I do not like about this ladder is it says you can make two ladders or make a work platform. The connecting the two bottom sections is kind of sketchy and easy to catch a finger.

It’s easy to pull out open up use and put away. No fuss.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Jul 19, 2004
174 posts
58 upvotes
The 22' one weighs a LOT more. I borrowed my friends, and I bought the 17' one. It's so much easier to handle.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3886 posts
2318 upvotes
keyser-soze wrote: Would you guys say this is better or worse then the amazon prime deal on the 21 foot?
Value-wise, I'd say this deal is better, but only if you will never require the extra length of the 22-footer. The extra fifty-something dollars would then seem like pennies when your 17' foot ladder isn't able to get you up high enough.

The included platform attachment isnt something I would see myself using much at all but is an expensive item if you were to purchase it separately and did not come with the 22' amazon-prime deal if I remember correctly.
Feb 20, 2008
383 posts
468 upvotes
For a hunskie, this deal is a no-brainer, even if you bought the 22 prime deal like I did.

I'd grab this one and then I'd line them all up in my garage - my original LG13, alongside the new 17, 22.....

Even if you don't use the tools, make sure they at least look good hanging around.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6062 posts
612 upvotes
Kanata
I would say Amazon deal is better as it always better to buy one that can use in all situation than one that may comes short for some work. I got this deal from Costco last year but still tempt to buy the 22 in the prime days.
SizzleChest wrote: Value-wise, I'd say this deal is better, but only if you will never require the extra length of the 22-footer. The extra fifty-something dollars would then seem like pennies when your 17' foot ladder isn't able to get you up high enough.

The included platform attachment isnt something I would see myself using much at all but is an expensive item if you were to purchase it separately and did not come with the 22' amazon-prime deal if I remember correctly.
Oct 17, 2006
229 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
starbuckscoffee wrote: 17' Little Giant Ladder with wheels and the platform accessory on clearance for 99.97 seen at the new Costco on Overlea in Toronto. There was about 5 left.
Got one and there was only one more left @10am. Thanks OP