• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2022 12:19 am
34 replies
Aug 17, 2011
191 posts
154 upvotes
TORONTO
Hehehe the fanny pack is back! I used to wear one everywhere in university, got made fun of but didn’t care it was so useful when biking around…but can’t bring myself to buy one and use it nowadays, I’ve already given up on many “personal appearance” stuff living the dad life, and for me this would be just giving up completely.
Nov 22, 2018
40 posts
15 upvotes
I think it’s back in some stores too. My wife just messaged me saying she heard it’s in stock somewhere in Mississauga. Will call the stores close to my area to see if they have it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1459 posts
554 upvotes
Lol. I made fun of my wife when she added this to our cart at Costco last month. It has since sold out and she keeps saying she shouldn't have listened to me. Well she will be happy now as i ordered one for her lol...

willdaman wrote: Hehehe the fanny pack is back! I used to wear one everywhere in university, got made fun of but didn’t care it was so useful when biking around…but can’t bring myself to buy one and use it nowadays, I’ve already given up on many “personal appearance” stuff living the dad life, and for me this would be just giving up completely.
Nov 14, 2012
920 posts
496 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Belt bag...... Oh marketing you and your words.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1614 posts
329 upvotes
Maple, ON
Is it back in fashion? I remember these things were popular in early 90s…
Dec 8, 2009
268 posts
260 upvotes
Mississauga
Grandma called, wanted her fanny pack back. LOL belt bag ;)
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11225 posts
8537 upvotes
Toronto
Lexi wrote: Is it back in fashion? I remember these things were popular in early 90s…
Always
Images
  • then-now-the-rock-fanny-pack-photo.jpg
Nov 1, 2012
162 posts
191 upvotes
Kamloops
If you order 6 you get 25% off. Comes to $12.74 each. Belt bags for everyone
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1474 posts
1554 upvotes
Lexi wrote: Is it back in fashion? I remember these things were popular in early 90s…
It never was in fashion and never will be
Sep 1, 2006
508 posts
582 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
This forum baffles me sometimes. It seems like people (not just in this thread, but the previous thread as well) are legit triggered that these are essentially fanny packs. Who cares?

I don't own or use one personally, but I can see why they are popular again. Most people seem to attach them across the front of their body, instead of around their waist. I am guessing that there must be some sort of design change (longer strap, larger capacity with multiple compartments, etc.) because I only recall fanny packs being worn around the waist.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2279 posts
752 upvotes
Kitchener
wildlele wrote: It never was in fashion and never will be
Probably not, but it's very versatile. I was never one that could be called fashionable. If I liked it, I wore it. Now that I'm my dotage, no one cares. lol
I've been looking for a replacement since I lost my bell bottom jeans in the 80's at a party.
Forgot I needed one.
Thanks OP
Dec 14, 2014
31 posts
14 upvotes
Longueuil, QC
Maybe not in Canada, but it's a growing trend in streetwear fashion. In the UK, for example, it's been in style for a while now.
Last edited by canucksaver on Jul 6th, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 21, 2018
316 posts
147 upvotes
wildlele wrote: It never was in fashion and never will be
Idk, I’ve been using the lululemon belt bag for 1+ year, and I see many ladies (and men) wear it too. Definitely in fashion to me.
Mar 2, 2012
78 posts
91 upvotes
Calgary
willdaman wrote: Hehehe the fanny pack is back! I used to wear one everywhere in university, got made fun of but didn’t care it was so useful when biking around…but can’t bring myself to buy one and use it nowadays, I’ve already given up on many “personal appearance” stuff living the dad life, and for me this would be just giving up completely.
Haha, this is actually the perfect dad life item for me. I carry snacks and toys in mine for quick access rather than digging in the diaper bag.
May 8, 2008
433 posts
778 upvotes
What’s going on at RFD?White Up Pointing Backhand Index🤨☝️

Buying it at this point is just down to peer pressure and I think/hope I’m better than that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)