Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Lorex 1080p NVR Surveillance System 1TB HDD&2 Camera $399 with $100 off

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2016 12:04 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 27, 2007
745 posts
521 upvotes

[Costco] Lorex 1080p NVR Surveillance System 1TB HDD&2 Camera $399 with $100 off

This is the cheapest 1080p NVR I can find from Costco or Bestbuy so far.
It's POE and the camera has 3M pixel and 75 degree field view.
4 channels is good for home use. But I was debating with the other 1080p DVR system come with 4 camera and the price is same:http://www.costco.ca/Lorex-4-channel-DV ... 40328.html
Any comments on these two set?
65 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 30, 2011
673 posts
149 upvotes
EDMONTON
What is better for cameras for outside? This style or the dome style ? I'm looking to get a kit that has 4 cameras but I want 1080p forsure and great night vision as well as good for outdoors in Edmonton including our -40 winters.
Sr. Member
Jan 14, 2008
507 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
hiker007 wrote: ...... I was debating with the other 1080p DVR system come with 4 camera and the price is same:http://www.costco.ca/Lorex-4-channel-DV ... 40328.html
Any comments on these two set?
compared to the second one you listed that has is bnc with maximum of 4 channels limiting expansion, there's an 8-channel bnc one with more cameras and with twice the hard drive space (2tb) for a regular price of 499.99 in store and $519 online http://www.costco.ca/.product.100234687 ... ItemViewCP

seems like better bang for the buck...
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2539 posts
366 upvotes
Burnaby
finally costco has the POE Surveillance System of Lorex.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2015
1167 posts
657 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
gc99 wrote: compared to the second one you listed that has is bnc with maximum of 4 channels limiting expansion, there's an 8-channel bnc one with more cameras and with twice the hard drive space (2tb) for a regular price of 499.99 in store and $519 online http://www.costco.ca/.product.100234687 ... ItemViewCP

seems like better bang for the buck...
Yet this one seems like a better deal than the Lorex unit at $519... This Q-See system is an 8 channel BNC unit with 8 metal, (not plastic) 1080P cameras (looks cosmetically better than Lorex cameras), 2TB WD Purple Hard drive (Lorex hard drive unknown) 2 year warranty (Lorex 1 year) Regular price was $849.99 now new price of $599.99. I've been watching it for about 4-5 months now. I pulled the trigger on it and the package came in yesterday. http://www.costco.ca/Q-See-8-Channel-10 ... 77990.html BTW, the cameras come in white!

After hearing horror stories about Lorex, I prefer to stay away from them. I'm currently using an older Q-See system which has been fantastic, I just wanted to get into the HD game.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2918 posts
1413 upvotes
OilersDude wrote: What is better for cameras for outside? This style or the dome style ? I'm looking to get a kit that has 4 cameras but I want 1080p forsure and great night vision as well as good for outdoors in Edmonton including our -40 winters.
THIS!

The Swann POE system I had from Costco absolutely sucked in the winter and I had to return it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2015
1167 posts
657 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
kanewtz wrote: THIS!

The Swann POE system I had from Costco absolutely sucked in the winter and I had to return it.
Yes, some of the lower Hikvision system which are rebranded Swann and LaView systems are only rated to about -10'C
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 1, 2010
5476 posts
1673 upvotes
Kanata
The one OP posted is digital while the rest are analog. Big price difference. You can decide which one you want, but it's not the same.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 5, 2005
3365 posts
1239 upvotes
Toronto
gc99 wrote: compared to the second one you listed that has is bnc with maximum of 4 channels limiting expansion, there's an 8-channel bnc one with more cameras and with twice the hard drive space (2tb) for a regular price of 499.99 in store and $519 online http://www.costco.ca/.product.100234687 ... ItemViewCP

seems like better bang for the buck...
I bought the Lorex for $399 when Costco had a $100 off sale. Still need to install it though.
Sr. Member
Jul 30, 2003
988 posts
291 upvotes
I bought a Costco QSee system and I haven't been overtly pleased with it. I feel like you just cant win with these bullet camera security systems.
Sr. Member
Jun 1, 2011
548 posts
127 upvotes
Ajax
Thanks OP, have to check this out. Just what I need with 2 cameras. Hopefully they don't sucks in extreme cold weather.

Does anybody know if they carry this in store?
Sr. Member
Jul 28, 2002
614 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
My goal is a 4 camera dome set with room for 8
1080p digital

Under $500
Does such a thing exist?
99% of the stuff I own comes from RFD!
Sr. Member
Mar 7, 2002
608 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
What were the reasons you're not pleased with it? I have a dome Trendnet (rebranded Hikvision) and been pretty pleased with it. But looking at getting some new bullet ones.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 13, 2005
7151 posts
1355 upvotes
anyone able to find reviews on this particular set up ?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 1, 2010
5476 posts
1673 upvotes
Kanata
applejuice wrote: My goal is a 4 camera dome set with room for 8
1080p digital

Under $500
Does such a thing exist?
I will only buy at costco because if I'm not pleased with the quality I can return it having no experience in the quality I should be looking for. So just through Costco such a system does not exist, never mind the price. Dome camera with NVR seems hard to come by. You might be lucky to find 1 dome camera and a stunted NVR for 500$ somewhere..
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
11042 posts
2138 upvotes
kanewtz wrote: THIS!

The Swann POE system I had from Costco absolutely sucked in the winter and I had to return it.
Did it die in winter? Wonder if the new PoE by FLIR are better than HIKVision.
Newbie
Jul 25, 2014
47 posts
4 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Bianco13 wrote: Yet this one seems like a better deal than the Lorex unit at $519... This Q-See system is an 8 channel BNC unit with 8 metal, (not plastic) 1080P cameras (looks cosmetically better than Lorex cameras), 2TB WD Purple Hard drive (Lorex hard drive unknown) 2 year warranty (Lorex 1 year) Regular price was $849.99 now new price of $599.99. I've been watching it for about 4-5 months now. I pulled the trigger on it and the package came in yesterday. http://www.costco.ca/Q-See-8-Channel-10 ... 77990.html BTW, the cameras come in white!

After hearing horror stories about Lorex, I prefer to stay away from them. I'm currently using an older Q-See system which has been fantastic, I just wanted to get into the HD game.
I'm looking at this Q-See now as well, will you install yourself? I'm debating whether to attempt this myself or not. How is Costco's return policy? would you be able to return it even if you used the system?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2015
1167 posts
657 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Fernandes002 wrote: I'm looking at this Q-See now as well, will you install yourself? I'm debating whether to attempt this myself or not. How is Costco's return policy? would you be able to return it even if you used the system?
Yes I'll be installing it myself, as I already have an older system in place. Costco has a great return policy, if you're not happy with the unit even if it was used they will still take it back.

Top