Louisiana Grills 24" Ceramic Kamado charcoal grill $499.97 Calgary Beacon Hill

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2021 12:32 am
[OP]
Jul 13, 2006
431 posts
345 upvotes
Calgary

[Costco] Louisiana Grills 24" Ceramic Kamado charcoal grill $499.97 Calgary Beacon Hill

Saw it in Calgary Beacon Hill Costco today. 3 left as of 6:00pm today.

It was right next to the Traeger promotion, the Traeger sales guy paddled hard about his grill while my friend and I were busy moving the Kamado grill to a trolley :-)

Assembled it under one hour. Construction was solid, my friend was amazed at the quality.
43 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28410 posts
8846 upvotes
Hamilton
Hawt
hated on but respected.
Apr 11, 2020
291 posts
613 upvotes
Fantastic price for a 24" kamado style ceramic grill. If anybody sees them in Southern Ontario at this price pls let us know.
Apr 13, 2009
859 posts
281 upvotes
Just a note this is the 2yr old model with the 1piece deflector. I’d say wait for next summer to get the much improved model (separate deflectors, splittable grills, multi-level racks, better hinge, etc). It seems we get what works in the US a year or 2 years late

:D :twisted:
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
2996 posts
173 upvotes
NICE-N-EVIL wrote: Just a note this is the 2yr old model with the 1piece deflector. I’d say wait for next summer to get the much improved model (separate deflectors, splittable grills, multi-level racks, better hinge, etc). It seems we get what works in the US a year or 2 years late
I received the LGk25 ambience Kamado as a warranty replacement that has the divide and conquer set up.
Truthfully the LGk24 (2020 model) with the single deflector is much better for slow cooks at low temps. The hinge is the same on both and magnetic lid closer, unless your model is 3+ yrs old.
For 499 this is a great deal, you can get those accessories online for much cheaper than waiting a year haha.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6644 posts
5172 upvotes
Windyt wrote: Fantastic price for a 24" kamado style ceramic grill. If anybody sees them in Southern Ontario at this price pls let us know.
I think this was posted before and it was only western Canada left. Maybe that was a different kamodo though.
Apr 7, 2009
416 posts
86 upvotes
Oshawa
Two in Orillia, listed at $799.99 still.
Apr 13, 2009
859 posts
281 upvotes
How did you manage getting the newer model with the warranty?

Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
2996 posts
173 upvotes
NICE-N-EVIL wrote: How did you manage getting the newer model with the warranty?
My lid cracked on the ceramic and where the top vent is screwed in and one of the screw holes gave in. They were out of stock of red lids, so they offered to send me a new charcoal grey LGK25. At the time it wasnt even on the market yet. I said sure. This was last year in September.
Funny thing is, they didnt even take the old one back. I could have returned to costco but i just used some epoxy and hacked it together and gave that one to my bro. it still works fine. They have good cust service.
Jan 27, 2009
771 posts
880 upvotes
Edmonton
Got one from Edmonton/Nisku location yesterday at $499, they still have 4 left (one maybe display).
It is HEAVY and difficult to load to a truck bed. The packaging isn't the best, box isn't very strong.
When holding the 4 corners, the middle sags as the egg is so heavy.
We actually rented a baby uhaul trailer with very low floor, Costco employees were pleased when helping us to load.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3542 posts
2049 upvotes
Airdrie
Costco clearance is the only way to get an affordable Kamado!
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
[OP]
Jul 13, 2006
431 posts
345 upvotes
Calgary
cho1104 wrote: Got one from Edmonton/Nisku location yesterday at $499, they still have 4 left (one maybe display).
It is HEAVY and difficult to load to a truck bed. The packaging isn't the best, box isn't very strong.
When holding the 4 corners, the middle sags as the egg is so heavy.
We actually rented a baby uhaul trailer with very low floor, Costco employees were pleased when helping us to load.
Yes it was really heavy and it was difficult to load. I was using my friend's CX5 and it was just big enough to carry it. I missed my Sienna :-)
Jan 27, 2009
771 posts
880 upvotes
Edmonton
sharkcalgary wrote: Yes it was really heavy and it was difficult to load. I was using my friend's CX5 and it was just big enough to carry it. I missed my Sienna :-)
I rented the uhaul for $14.99+$10 insurance. Best decision ever.
[OP]
Jul 13, 2006
431 posts
345 upvotes
Calgary
I am planning to use my Kamado for the first time this weekend, hope there will be no fire ban :-(
[OP]
Jul 13, 2006
431 posts
345 upvotes
Calgary
jeremiahkool wrote: BBQ’s aren’t part of any fire ban I’ve seen.
Here is the wording from the city of Chestermere.

A Fire Ban is now in effect.

Due to current and long range forecasts for hot weather combined with very dry conditions, the City of Chestermere has implemented a Fire Ban as of 11:00 a.m. on July 29.

A fire ban means that there is extreme fire danger:

No campfires, burning of wood products or charcoal briquettes is allowed. <-------------------- I live in Calgary, but this sentence is worrying.

Gas or propane stoves/BBQs and portable propane fire pits are allowed.

For full details visit Fire Bans & Burning Regulations | Chestermere, AB - Official Website
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1066 posts
1009 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Original price in GTA
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Apr 13, 2009
859 posts
281 upvotes
Costco accepted to sell it to me at $649 (it was the last box on the floor)
Very happy with it
Last edited by NICE-N-EVIL on Aug 26th, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.