Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Louisiana Grills 61 cm (24-in.) Ceramic Kamado-style Charcoal BBQ Grill $599.97

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2019 1:18 pm
[OP]
Nov 17, 2007
146 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Louisiana Grills 61 cm (24-in.) Ceramic Kamado-style Charcoal BBQ Grill $599.97

Size of an XL big Green egg or a Big Joe for a quarter of the price (delivered).

Includes:
Louisiana Grills grill cover
Ash removal tool
Heat deflector

Features:
Colour: glossy blue finish
4,271 cm² (662 in.²) of 2-tierd cooking surface
Temperature range: up to 371 °C (700 °F)
Adjustable top and bottom dampers for temperature control
304 stainless-steel cooking grids
Fold down shelves
Shock-absorbing lid to protect against slamming
Large easy-to-read thermometer on lid finished with chrome bezel
Heavy-duty swivel and locking caster wheels
Fueled using lump charcoal
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 4th, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: added price to title
20 replies
Oct 4, 2010
155 posts
91 upvotes
Burlington
FYI - I almost jumped on this, but read the reviews. Evidently the Lid/hinge deforms quickly leading to an improper seal, something that's pretty vital for these.
Dec 28, 2017
13 posts
5 upvotes
I purchased this back in spring and had a similar instance with the lid not closing properly. What it ended up being was the hinge assembly was built incorrectly. I tore it apart and assembled/lubed it properly and it's been great ever since. Didn't want to shell out hundreds more for a brand name kamado.
For $700, and knowing how to fix it, I would jump on this for sure. Worst case, I would just return it if it didn't work after the repair.
Jun 14, 2017
815 posts
790 upvotes
Goddamn this is tooooooo tempting!!
May 5, 2016
131 posts
53 upvotes
wow. really bad reviews. i've got a Vision branded kamado. It's been a pretty good ownership experience thus far, and the customer/warranty service has been excellent. i was really hoping the Louisana brand would be similar, but apparently not! i was considering buying this as an upgrade.... but i think i'll stay far-far away.
Sep 23, 2005
325 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
Great price for a kamado, especially with a heat deflector and delivery!

I got a Pit Boss from Costco a few years ago and have had decent results with it, but the build quality is nowhere near that of a real Green Egg or Kamado Joe. The hinge bolts need to be tightened frequently and the lid does not line up perfectly, but at least it doesn't leak smoke/heat. Also, the fire box has cracked, but has not yet fallen apart. Pit Boss has said that since the fire box is still holding fuel, they won't replace it.

The Pit Boss looks almost identical to this Louisiana Grill (hence the commentary).

If you are just getting into kamado grilling and want to try it out, this is a good entry point. But I will probably save up for a premium kamado next time.
Nov 24, 2005
85 posts
7 upvotes
Saskatoon
I’ve set up my Louisiana kamado and see what people have been sayin about the lid. It isn’t flush on the right side, I can see a small gap and when I smoke some wood and close the upper vent I see smoke escaping from this small gap.

How do I fix?

I like the kamado for the price it is right, I’m just getting into charcoal smoking so don’t want to pay the price of a green egg or a Joe. Hence would like to work with the Louisiana and make it the best I can.
Nov 23, 2006
71 posts
33 upvotes
Ontario
gpon888 wrote: I’ve set up my Louisiana kamado and see what people have been sayin about the lid. It isn’t flush on the right side, I can see a small gap and when I smoke some wood and close the upper vent I see smoke escaping from this small gap.

How do I fix?

I like the kamado for the price it is right, I’m just getting into charcoal smoking so don’t want to pay the price of a green egg or a Joe. Hence would like to work with the Louisiana and make it the best I can.
Maybe try buying a new thick gasket?
Nov 13, 2008
122 posts
41 upvotes
toronto
its a good kamado, based on personal experiences... i got one last year, and for the price the performance is great. It is not as accurate as a Kamado Joe or BGE (so easy to get a even temp for a very long time). but like all things, there are premium versions, than there are luxury premium. i liken the BGE and Kamado joes at the very top-end, and Pitboss/luisana below.

i did have to put a heat gasket on the vent at the bottom and top, and also reapplied the seal on the cover... and it works great, i do low and slow all the time... and it turns out great!

worth it for those that want to go low and slow, but cannot afford the luxury premium versions..
Nov 24, 2005
85 posts
7 upvotes
Saskatoon
So far I’m very happy with the results, I’ve smoked some chicken wings and had great results. Today I’m doing a few rack of back ribs (temp is holding steady at 240).

I’ve tried to adjust the outside center screw (rear hinge) and still I have a gap in the right side of the lid. If I add more gasket in this side won’t my lid be off center and create a gap on the left side?

Also, do people use the heat deflector with the tripod leg in the ceramic grooves or do you turn it around (‘Louisiana’ facing down) so the legs are facing up? I find if you turn it around, you can put a aluminum drip tray sitting on the deflector and then the cooking grated on top of the drip tray. The other way the cooking grates is too high
Images
  • 5DF4D6EE-0E23-42B7-A59D-E8D30272E717.jpeg
  • E78732AE-D0A3-4409-A3AF-22CCD7FC1526.jpeg
Feb 12, 2006
320 posts
37 upvotes
Laval
Price dropped to 599 today!

thegrim1 wrote: Size of an XL big Green egg or a Big Joe for a quarter of the price (delivered).

Includes:
Louisiana Grills grill cover
Ash removal tool
Heat deflector

Features:
Colour: glossy blue finish
4,271 cm² (662 in.²) of 2-tierd cooking surface
Temperature range: up to 371 °C (700 °F)
Adjustable top and bottom dampers for temperature control
304 stainless-steel cooking grids
Fold down shelves
Shock-absorbing lid to protect against slamming
Large easy-to-read thermometer on lid finished with chrome bezel
Heavy-duty swivel and locking caster wheels
Fueled using lump charcoal
Jul 12, 2008
129 posts
20 upvotes
Can you send a pic what you did to correct the hinge? I just pulled the trigger on this. Thx.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)