Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Louisiana Grills LG900 - Pellet Smoker ["SMOKING" HOT] - $599.97

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2020 11:10 am
Member
Dec 11, 2003
417 posts
61 upvotes
All I have to say is this thing has been the best purchase in a long time. I made up some ribs and a brisket on the weekend and they were the best I ever had. I highly recommend this smoker.
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
17 posts
7 upvotes
Eastern Passage
Anyone experience any issues with the paint? Had mine for a little over a month, been through roughly 80 lbs of pellets, and I just had a piece of paint the size of a dime flake off a corner inside the lid...And my front shelf has worn through the paint on one side, it seems to rub against the main section when folding/unfolding.
Newbie
Mar 26, 2018
51 posts
116 upvotes
Update on mine.. first time I started it up the auger stopped working. I called support and the first rep knew nothing about Louisiana grills, only pit boss, so I was transferred to their trainer/supervisor. After taking the auger box apart and checking the wires it turned out the screws on the gear housing for the auger motor were too tight. Loosening seemed to fix the problem. I will another cook later!
Member
May 30, 2016
329 posts
371 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
coulombemr wrote: Anyone experience any issues with the paint? Had mine for a little over a month, been through roughly 80 lbs of pellets, and I just had a piece of paint the size of a dime flake off a corner inside the lid...And my front shelf has worn through the paint on one side, it seems to rub against the main section when folding/unfolding.
You sure it's paint and not baked on grease? Baked on grease can look like paint chipping.
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
17 posts
7 upvotes
Eastern Passage
razorblade2099 wrote: You sure it's paint and not baked on grease? Baked on grease can look like paint chipping.
Yeah, 100%. I can see bare steel. And I clean these area's each time I use it as they do seem to collect grease pretty easily. Learned that the first time, I had a bunch of sausages spitting grease everywhere on the inside, and everything that was hitting the cover ended up dripping down the front and onto the ground. In this case it was my deck. So I have a protective mat now.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 9, 2012
190 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
coulombemr wrote: Yeah, 100%. I can see bare steel. And I clean these area's each time I use it as they do seem to collect grease pretty easily. Learned that the first time, I had a bunch of sausages spitting grease everywhere on the inside, and everything that was hitting the cover ended up dripping down the front and onto the ground. In this case it was my deck. So I have a protective mat now.
I have the same issue with my grill. How did you get it addressed?
Images
  • 0F3E1DF3-218F-4DFB-8921-42826F355AC5.jpeg
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
17 posts
7 upvotes
Eastern Passage
BayStreet wrote: I have the same issue with my grill. How did you get it addressed?
Wow, yours is much worse than mine was when I made the comment. However, I think I have more paint bubbling just up from where you have it. I never bothered to call after the warranty said there is no warranty on the paint or powder coat. If you do call, and have success, please let me know
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
17 posts
7 upvotes
Eastern Passage
BayStreet wrote: I have the same issue with my grill. How did you get it addressed?
So I contacted them yesterday because mine is quickly starting to look like yours. All they said was its not covered, so I could buy high heat paint from my local hardware store. Then if I sent them a receipt, they would give me a $50 voucher to use on their site.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 9, 2012
190 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
coulombemr wrote: So I contacted them yesterday because mine is quickly starting to look like yours. All they said was its not covered, so I could buy high heat paint from my local hardware store. Then if I sent them a receipt, they would give me a $50 voucher to use on their site.
That’s not what I expected. You would think they would already use a high heat paint.

I have been trying to contact them to no avail, left call back number and no one called; at other times been on hold for hours.

It’s a shame really coz I love the grill.
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
17 posts
7 upvotes
Eastern Passage
BayStreet wrote: That’s not what I expected. You would think they would already use a high heat paint.

I have been trying to contact them to no avail, left call back number and no one called; at other times been on hold for hours.

It’s a shame really coz I love the grill.
The only ever had one thing on their site that I would've wanted, a heavy duty cover for this grill. But it's no longer there, so I'm not sure I'll bother with trying to get the voucher.

I've already sanded down the majority of the front and re-painted. We'll see how the new paint holds up. The existing paint would have to be high heat paint, otherwise it would burn I believe. It bubbling and rusting is probably for poor adhesion to the steel.

I've noticed rust starting on the interior, and they do not recommend painting the inside of the grill, so not sure what to do about that.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)